PDA

View Full Version : Evil Tau?

The Keeper of Secrets
27-06-2006, 17:05
Hi all,

I have an idea of playing as "evil tau". Basically the tau codex and rules with tau models, just painted black and trophies added and stuff like that. Maybe he new lucius the eternal model coverted to be an "evil" ethereal?

what do ya all think?

Shaper Shakra
27-06-2006, 17:10
I say, give me pictures!

yerpo
27-06-2006, 17:13
Fluffwise, you can only explain it by Chaos taint. The Tau are the "purest" race in the 40k universe, so making them evil would require at least as much divine intervention as making the Sisters of battle abandon their faith in the Emperor. Wouldn't feel OK, if you ask me. How would they get new equipment if they abandoned their empire?

As for the Ethereal, stick with the official model and "chaosify" it. Lucius is too bulky to be one.

robertsjf
27-06-2006, 18:11
You don't think that a society with a rigid caste system that stifles individual development evil? You don't think that a society that is based almost entirely about subjugating other races bad? I think the Tau are evil enough as is! In addition to being foul xenos scum....

Zzarchov
27-06-2006, 18:11
Pssh, Tau can be as evil as anyone else, they may just come from a particularily bloodthirsty sept.

the dark angel
27-06-2006, 18:14
go ahead that sounds really cool,may i suggect putting spikes on them as that would make them look much more evil and also try to base them with pools of blood, i did this with my fallen dark angels

Davian_
27-06-2006, 18:53
Rule number one for 40 army creation: For every non-Chaos army X that comes out, someone will want to put spikes and skulls all over it and call it Chaos X.

Not particularly my cup of tea, but feel free to do whatever makes you happy. It's your army after all.

Damien 1427
27-06-2006, 18:55
They already are. They're Orwellian dolphin-cows who want to rule all life in the galaxy. The only difference between them and the Imperium in this respect is mankind wants to kill everything that isn't human, the Tau merely want to enslave it.

Also, spikes and blood doesn't make evil. It makes lameness. Making them look sinister (Dark paintjob, e.g. red optics on black helms), alien (Posing) and the ultimate foes of man (Plenty of dead guardsmen/Marines on bases) would go a long way to making them "evil". Chaos Tau with spikes and blood and skulls sounds like an idea I would have came up with at thirteen, and would cringe to think about now.

BuckFlashback
27-06-2006, 20:49
As many have already said, Tau are evil. I like to think of them as the most evil in 40k. However, the type of evil the Tau are (Opression hidden underneath shiny clean good exterior) is kinda hard to capture in the average firewarrior model.

The idea of a Tau army that's liberated itself from the opressive shackles of their caste driven government and embraced the loving freedom of Chaos. Well, that sounds wonderful. Give 'em charred black worn armor with the chaos star on the shoulder pad instead of the normal Tau insignia. Oh! And the army commander can have the head of his former Etheral bossman on a spike jutting out of his armor.

SisterMordagg
27-06-2006, 22:22
I don't think you have to go down the old "Chaos is the only evil." In fact, I think it really hampers you and seems to conflict pretty directly with canon. Damien's idea isn't bad. You can also use the idea of bloodthirst for the enemy with body parts as trophies, splattered blood on the armor etc.

Make them less Japanese in their imperialist era (as they are somewhat now) and more Japan in their fuedal times.

archangels uk
27-06-2006, 22:51
dont have to be choas, just say they were sent on a long mission by tau and fell outside overall tau command so they started to live on (pirates slavers etc) its happened before with the Tau

Kriegsherr
27-06-2006, 22:59
Chaos is omnipotent and has the ability to turn everyone against their brothers and into true believers. That makes them so utterly evil :)

But to be honest, I really like the idea. There are to few chaos-xenos nowadays, a gap some people try to explain with strange fluff reasons. Don't let them fool you. Come to chaos, yes, Tau are also welcome!
Maybe you should theme the army thought to show that it hasn't as much resources as other tau armies. By using less high tech equipment and more kroot, or even gueve'sa as human cultists (maybe they were the one responsible for the tau turning to chaos. First they let the tau believe they would follow the greater good, only to slowly spread the chaotic influence among them)

Voltaire
27-06-2006, 23:02
Tau are one of the few races to have no inherent warp prescence. They are far too pure to fall to Chaos in any way other than by following corrupted Ethereal and I feel that scenario is VERY unlikely. The probability of them being one of the races created by the C'Tan to fight Chaos, because of their higher sense of morality, and their unshakeable self righteousness.
That being said, we really do need more Xenos Chaos followers. The Dark Eldar have really fell out of favour with me as a chaotic race and there needs to be something new and chaotic. Go for it!

n00bLord
27-06-2006, 23:12
Chaos Nids! Your new chaos army! A dark and sinister form of tau would be nice, like give them katana like varients of swords with inclusion of preffered enemy would do nicely for CC. It doesn't take too much work to make anything look evil. Put rune enscriptions on their armor if you want, might help.

Bregalad
27-06-2006, 23:46
Everyone is free to design an army to his liking, and everyone is free to believe what he wants.

That said, I am not a fan of chosing an army, ripping it of its uniqueness and making it another mindless killing horde. If you don't like the flavour of the Tau, why not chose an army with your favorite flavour, e.g. Chaos?

There are some directions of unusual Tau though that might appeal to you:
Read about the Farsight Enclave, read about some hot blooded septs like Vior'la or technological retarded ones like the D'yanoi, you can even make an army heavily influenced by Kroot (see below). The Tau have survived a violent almost self-destructing past (Mont'au) and learnt from it. Just making Tau that make these mistakes again, is missing an opportunity.

I also am a bit tired by the following argument:
1.) Everyone is evil.
2.) If he seems to be good, pure and altruistic: How cunningly evil is that!

Again: If you don't like the flavour of the Tau, chose something different. I for myself avoided 40k, until I found an army with just this flavour. People who speak of Tau enslaving planets like the Imperium does, haven't read much of the Tau, as it contradicts the numerous novels and background infos given.

Getz
28-06-2006, 00:14
You want evil Tau, go Farsight enclave... They aren't evil per se but they have a strong fascistic streak (think about it... a Tau society run by - and presumably for - the Fire Caste...).

I would go for a jet black colour scheme with a little blood red detailing and the Vior'la sept markings, then step backand squint...

Suddenly don't they look just like SS Stortroopers...?

fracas
28-06-2006, 00:17
paint your ethereal like Darth Maul with an honor blade/double saber
paint your firewarriors as clone troopers
modify fish to be their transport (open sides
maybe even pirranhas as TIE fighters?

Khaine's Messenger
28-06-2006, 03:02
The Tau have survived a violent almost self-destructing past (Mont'au) and learnt from it. Just making Tau that make these mistakes again, is missing an opportunity.

Indeed. And what if...they really weren't mistakes as such, but the natural growing pains required of any civilization? And the Ethereals are simply opiates controlling and debasing the Tau, keeping them back from their true glory?! As O'Shovah has commented, all the great starfarers' hands are turned against one another....

PS: Ko'vash Y'he! :evilgrin:

cailus
28-06-2006, 03:10
I'd say a regime that annihilates anyone who doesn't want to join their Communist funfest is pretty evil according to current standards.

n00bLord
28-06-2006, 05:08
Tau are rather evil by poeples persception. Or rather good. In my opinion the only race in 40k to bear traits of being good would be the Tyranids. Why? Because they just eat planets. If I played Tau I would do a Farsight group, because for me that part of the Tau fluff was the only peice that was satisfactory to my interests.

Born Again
28-06-2006, 07:15
Sounds like a good idea, BUT... (there's always a but) I wouldn't make them Chaos. I find it highly unlikely Tau would turn to Chaos due to their low Warp presence... however they could be from a bloodthirsty sept, and if it's just modelling and no rules changes then this would be a fine explanation. At the end of the day their your models.

Shadowheart
30-06-2006, 11:13
The greatest good for the greatest number
From the greatest evil comes though they slumber
The greatest triumph proves the greatest blunder
Greatness dies but will still hunger

One of my pet peeves about the 40K background is that GW has made Chaos an exclusively human affair. Every alien race has a built-in reason not to side with it.
That said, the Tau being oblivious to the warp might not make them oblivious to Chaos, depending on how you interpret Chaos. In Michael Moorcock's books, it was a fundamental force of the Multiverse (opposed by Law), a matter of philosophy rather than religion. According to that vision of Chaos, it would be present in Tau society and Tau minds, even if they were on the side of Law.
However, Moorcock's Chaos is most definitely not analogous to "evil", in fact moral ambiguity was very much the point of chosing Law/Chaos over the usual Good/Evil.

GW's "Chaos", even if it's a travesty compared to what they stole the name and symbol from, doesn't need to be as narrowly represented as it currently is. There's no reason the alien races wouldn't follow Chaos, but they wouldn't do it the same way as humans do. Heck, even humans shouldn't be confined to adorning themselves with spikes.
I fooled around with Slaaneshi Tau once (that sounds wrong). Converted and painted a few, made the Slaanesh icon in the style of Tau sept symbols (I used that as an avatar for a while), but then another price hike or two hit and I scrapped the project.

Background-wise, I decided that the best way for anyone to covertly corrupt Tau was through their technology. Tau are closely linked to their tech, sometimes even completely encased in it. If you can influence people by subliminal messages in movies, then you could certainly mess with them if all their senses were hooked up to a machine. So these Tau began to put more thought into making their technology comfortable and aesthetically pleasing, rather than just efficient.
Additionally, the pheromone-control angle could easily be adopted to serve Slaanesh. Overpowering scents have long been a feature of Slaanshi daemons and gifts.

If you can come up with a good story for why your Tau are "evil" or whatever, go for it. Make sure that they stay true to the defining features of the Tau, but don't feel bound by GW's overly strict limitations.

hellbrecht
30-06-2006, 14:11
I did unusual Tau too, but not chaos. My idea was based on the xenology book which hints that the eldar put the pheremone glands into the ethereals.

Basically some Fal'shia Earth Caste were doing research into genetics when through some accident they managed to get hold of ethereal DNA. Upon examining the DNA they discovered the truth of the ethereals control & gathered as much support as possible before fleeing the Empire.

They now exist in secret bases scattered around the outskirts of the empire. The Tau still believe in the Greater Good though, & want to abolish the corrupt Ethereal controlled one & start again. To stay alive they will often sell their tech & hire mercenaries to defend themselves. They took some of the best Earth Caste minds with them, who are now working feverishly to develop new & more powerful weapons to aid in the rebellion.

So you can make Tau different & unique without slapping spikes & chaos stars on 'em, it just requires a little imagination & originality.

Vanger
30-06-2006, 14:46
Hm, you want tau looking evil? You mean wicked, gritty, no? Paint them in black, paint on their helmets grim faces and there you have it. Make them look battle-hardened, splattered, not knights-in-shining-armour. Spikes (only) do not make someone evil.

Oh and base them on scortched earth. Grasslands take away from the gritty feeling.

Kriegsherr
30-06-2006, 15:05
Why is it some people dislike chaos-xenos? Isn't it the one wonderful thing about chaos, that it can turn every living beeing into its slave and even the strongwillest can only withstand it by using all their might?

Of course beeing "shielded" from the warp doesn't means you can't "come to chaos". It means its less likely deamons force a way into the reality through you or that you can become possesed. But, the true evil of chaos lies in its lies :)
Or, as the chaos followers would say, in the pure enlightenment chaos spreads amongst its followers. Not all warp-mutated beeings are already chaos followers, and not all chaos followers are warp tainted. Some might be absolutely uncorrupted physically, and choose to follow chaos out of their free will. Because they still want power. Because even without help from the chaosgods they have evil urges inside. Because of the free cookies.

Chaos is philosophy as much as it is mutating warpenergy. It taints the body AND the soul.... The soul beeing tainted by the chaotic philosophy, not the warp.

So, if any xeno that the tau so eagerly welcome in their community would bring in a philosophy so much stronger and alluring than the imperial (you know which one I mean ;)), it might be possible he can corrupt the naive tau quite easely as soon as he understood the role the ethereals play in their society and finds a way of eliminating their influence (maybe by eliminating the ethereal?).
One might assume the tau are just to small and unsignificant up until now to really draw the ruinous powers eye on them, but soon enough chaos will also try to conquer their souls. And as much as their body might withstand the warp energy by beeing specially "shielded", as weak is their mental defence against radical philosophies as soon as the ethereals are far away.
Muahahahahaha (evil chaos laughter ;))

Damien 1427
30-06-2006, 15:53
Why is it some people dislike chaos-xenos? Isn't it the one wonderful thing about chaos, that it can turn every living beeing into its slave and even the strongwillest can only withstand it by using all their might?

Because it's usually done poorly. By that, I mean sticking a bunch of spikes on a Hammerhead. Shadowhearts idea is one I'd endorse, because it just feels like it's had a lot more thought put into it, and in some way makes sense. And the visual results could be better than having tentacles sticking out of a Crisis Suit or the bastard lovechildren of Firewarriors and the mutation sprue.

Personally, I like the idea of Chaos Orks, although Adrian Wood ruined that idea for the rest of us. :rolleyes: I long to see Stormboyz of Khorne again, and maybe Wyrdboyz of Tzneetch, or Slaaneshi Painboyz. Nurgle goes with everything. :p

I guess the problem that Chaos, for the most part in 40k, is sinister eeevil covered in spikes and blood and painted black because it's kewl. Subtle wrongness is usually ignored, but havign things just off kilter that will make people take a double take, that'd make a good Chaos army, whether it be xenos or human.

Kriegsherr
30-06-2006, 16:48
Because it's usually done poorly. By that, I mean sticking a bunch of spikes on a Hammerhead. Shadowhearts idea is one I'd endorse, because it just feels like it's had a lot more thought put into it, and in some way makes sense. And the visual results could be better than having tentacles sticking out of a Crisis Suit or the bastard lovechildren of Firewarriors and the mutation sprue.

I had a good laugh about the bastard love child thingy :) Even the idea of a small FW with big gribly chaos mutations is too much for my funnybone :D

I have to admit, its quite a waste if someone puts a lot of thought into an army theme and then just do it poorly by coming up with too easy solutions. I don't see chaos tau as "spikey". And certainly not mutated, or not to a high degree. A Rebel-theme with FW rebelling against the ethereals rule (you know, even the best and fairest government can be seen as brutal tyrants if viewed from the right angle)... with the occasional chaos star here and there as a gloomy reminder where revolution leads to. From one evil to another

This is best done by a paintjob and *small* chaos icons. And maybe one or two unusual units. Like possesed firewarriors using kroot rulez (yep, these firewarriors are half naked ;). I wouldn't go so far and use the crisis commanders rules for a statured lord without a suit, they certainly haven't got heavely mutated chaos lords.

Personally, I like the idea of Chaos Orks, although Adrian Wood ruined that idea for the rest of us. I long to see Stormboyz of Khorne again, and maybe Wyrdboyz of Tzneetch, or Slaaneshi Painboyz. Nurgle goes with everything.

I guess the problem that Chaos, for the most part in 40k, is sinister eeevil covered in spikes and blood and painted black because it's kewl. Subtle wrongness is usually ignored, but havign things just off kilter that will make people take a double take, that'd make a good Chaos army, whether it be xenos or human.

Hm. Maybe people are trying to hard to make chaos stuff look EEEEEEvil. Maybe they should accept chaos stuff looks as evil as imperials. Just more... uhm.... *wrong*. And just a different kind of evilness. Its quite hard to make something look evil when the good guys are n4zis in space. But I for my part think that this is the really brilliant part of 40k. That GW makes a sinister universe that don't needs good guys. So all you chaos players, have fun doing eeky mutations, adding some spikes (but never to much) and make your chaosloving minis look as insane as possible. Just don't try to make them look more evil. Please just don't. And put that spike down, Not every chaos-mini has to look like pinhead :)

d4m0s4n
30-06-2006, 17:47
Hm. Maybe people are trying to hard to make chaos stuff look EEEEEEvil.

I think it has to do with using the existing 40k imagry and bitz to attempt to make them (whoever "them" may be) look like Chaos SM or some mutation ridden fleshbags.

To me it's the backstory that makes a force "evil" or "good." Corsairs, SMs who have seperated themselves from the Imperium could be considered good or evil based on their story -- but to the Imperium they're traitors so "bad."

I've toyed with building a force of Tau who have realized that the Greater Good is a sham -- perhaps not the Idea but the Implementation. Anywho this force would have a group of CSM "allies" who are simply rogue SM and not drooling chaos spawn....

glowing in the dark
30-06-2006, 19:41
I've come to an idea of a tau force stranded on some backwater planet.
They would use imperial bolters,lasguns etc. and the battlesuits would have crude patches & repairs on armour.The vehicles would be severly damaged and patced.
Try with that scheme.

robertsjf
01-07-2006, 02:35
I've toyed with building a force of Tau who have realized that the Greater Good is a sham -- perhaps not the Idea but the Implementation.

Or we could run with the genocidal Tau, those who think that the greater good will only be realized once the galaxy has been cleansed. Like that Tau commander featured in the City of Death sourcebook...

Though that might be hard to convey w/o tentacles and spikes all over the mini. Maybe a few skulls, 'cause nothing says "evil" like skulls...

d4m0s4n
01-07-2006, 03:40
Though that might be hard to convey w/o tentacles and spikes all over the mini. Maybe a few skulls, 'cause nothing says "evil" like skulls...

Hence the backstory...but that doesn't help visualize Tau of Doom very well unless you add the severed heads, skulls, spikes, etc.

SAMAS
01-07-2006, 04:26
Or we could run with the genocidal Tau, those who think that the greater good will only be realized once the galaxy has been cleansed. Like that Tau commander featured in the City of Death sourcebook...

You mean Brightsword? A shame Shaffer's boys smoked him.

Well, rather than adornment, try strewing them along the bases. Decorate their armor and gear with the blood and gore of their enemies from close-quarter cityfighting.

I think that kinda fits the idea of so-called "Evil" Tau without going for the cliche Chaos or Farsight methoeds. Just have a cadre that's been fighting in the city for far too long, and have lost all sense of mercy. At the moment, to hell with the Greater Good. Anything without the proper IFF codes/protocols dies, plain and simple.

The Necron who could
01-07-2006, 06:23
this is the evil tau i createdhttp://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/slobad0368/tau.gif

GodofWarTx
01-07-2006, 08:14
Yeah, i dug how a Tau named "brightsword" was penned at being xenocidal and ruthless. Damned good commanding skills, but utterly ruthless, which i thought was exciting to see. Not all Tau are creampuffs and gumdrops, there seems to be a big schism with the Tau as some see as Farsight has seen that the galaxy is a cold place, and its not just "waiting" for the Tau to liberate it. Its a lot like humanity was right before humanity got enslaved by countless races in the Dark Age of Technology, a time period very similar to the Tau. Technology, Compassion, and Reason will win the day! There are no gods! Of course, as news of the TRUE effects and causes of the Warp are understood and the knowledge spreads outside of the few in power to the masses, it became more like "OMG! DEEMINS!"

This is the crossroads i think Tau are about to hit with their people, as some become embittered to things, who become just as vulnerable to chaos taint as the Tau who think they are immune to the warping effects of chaos as they try to do things like study a warp anamoly. I liken it to someone not worried that leaking radiation will hurt them, simply because the radiation has always previously been in check at the powerplant.

Son of the Lion
01-07-2006, 12:53
This is a very interesting topic, and I'd like to add my 2 cents to the excellent posts above.

On the one hand, chaos really should manifest itself in pretty much every race in 40k - it's pretty much the universal dark side. However I totally agree that that doesn't translate into 'everything evil = chaos', and certainly not 'everything chaos = spiky'.
As mentioned, even the ordinary Tau can be seen as sinister orwellian fascists in their own right, rather than well-intentioned-but-naive reformists they initially appear to be. Besides, it would only take a step or two down the line of logic behind the expansion of the Tau empire 'for the greater good', to see it as neccessary to exterminate a colony/populace/race/planet/whole star system. 'The ends justify the means'....

But. If you want 'chaos' Tau, my view is that it would be most likely a subtle corruption of their high-minded ideals or exploitation of their most base blood-lusts that would 'turn' them. As for their exclusion from the warp, it is likely that they probably wouldn't exhibit the 'classic' signs of corruption (spikes, extra arms blah), but might show some signs of physical stress/degeneration (unusual skin pigment, sunken eyes). Also, their equipment would probably look a bit knackered, as they would most likely not be as well-supplied as conventional/loyalist Tau.

This is why I particularly like the concept of Farsight, as I think he has the potential to represent a 'different' version of the Tau, without being labelled Good or Evil - to the other Tau, he's an example of everything they hate/fear and therefore bad. To o shovah (sp?), the Tau domain is controlling and ignorant, and therefore also bad. Either, or both, could be right. And for a multitude of different reasons, from xenos/chaos puppetry to simple divergence in ideals concerning ethics and morality.

"A great many things in life depend on our point of view." as a wise man once said.

Son of the Lion
01-07-2006, 12:56
Wow, that took so long to write it ended up posted 2 pages further on than it was supposed to be. I might change name to son of the snail...

P.S. @ Necron who could. Why is Pie evil? I like Pie.

robertsjf
01-07-2006, 13:57
This is the crossroads i think Tau are about to hit with their people, as some become embittered to things, who become just as vulnerable to chaos taint as the Tau who think they are immune to the warping effects of chaos as they try to do things like study a warp anamoly.

Studying and not worried about the warp. I've seen 2 results:
a) New Chaos God spawned wiping out parent civilization
b) Demagogue leading half the armed forces of the civilization against the homeland.

I like the idea of "evil" Tau looking just bearing battered, bloodstained gear, maybe with a few dead enemies on the bases, that's about as far as I'd carry the macabre display. Kroot, on the other hand, go crazy! Show Kroot running around with severed leg of guardsman or cram a torso in the mouth of a krootox. That would be great! I hope you can paint blood well...

Zzarchov
01-07-2006, 14:10
I know GW glosses over this fact alot because it makes for easier sales pitch to sell "bad guys" to kids easily, but Chaos is not equal to Evil. To paraphrase/memory-quote a certain GW staff member in his description of the new warhammer MMO..

Alot of people see chaos and go, "Oh I know what they are, demons and fire and brimestone and whatnot" and no, thats not it at all, they are CHAOS, its a hand turning into a tentacle, not because its evil but because its random, its custard falling in gobs from the sky, its cutting someones arm and having mice spew out instead of blood, its pure and utter Chaos without any good or evil.

primarch16
01-07-2006, 14:12
Space marines were thought to be incorrubtable but look what happened there. Chaos is everywhere, its like a disease, you can do what you can to try not to be infected by it but there will always be a chink in the armour. Whoever said Tau couldnt be corrupted is bull really, I'm sure they have their own needs and desires which the dark gods would take advantage of. I think its a great idea, might do it myself one day.

Damien 1427
01-07-2006, 14:19
Oh, you can get "evil" Tau easily enough. Just to be influenced by the Powers Most Foul is harder than it is to, say, corrupt a human. Low warp signature. Possible, just requires far more effort than is really worth it.

adreal
01-07-2006, 15:30
well you could string up an etherial onto a choas star......self inflicted scars on thier faces (extremem bonding gone wrong....hehe slaanesh)

overly bloodied hands and knives, battlesuits with real close up firepower and strange cult marking painted on

chaos tau is easy and you don't need to put any spikes on one model.

And choas is moslty human/ork influenced because they are the most numerous (gork and mork are aspects of khorne, like khain) but I dont feel like derailing this thread for a background debate

TheSonOfAbbadon
01-07-2006, 15:41
They don't need to KNOW they're Chaos Tau...

Chaos would deceive them, lure them, claim their daemons were just 'another lot of aliens', Chaos would mutate the Tau, giving them gifts to harden them. The Tau, in their naiivety, would believe this to be some sort of instant genetic engineering process, and would welcome the 'aliens' into their ranks, not knowing that they're really evil, sadomaschoistic, sodomising, blood-drinking monsters of the night.

Oh, and Gork and Mork? Not aspects of Khorne, I'm not sure if Khaine is either [Khaine was absorbed by Khorne but I think he still tries to keep his own individual status as Khaine despite him being part of Khorne].

Gork is the warp personification of all the Orks' brutality.

Mork is the warp personification of all the Orks' cunning.

Nothing to do with Khorne.

Creep
01-07-2006, 16:12
Chaos isn't the only evil out there. Look at Necrons...they might even be worse than Chaos.

Why not make a Tau army corrupted by Necrons? Maybe the Deceiver had a hand to play in this? Farsight got his dawnblade on a Necron Artefact world, so maybe it was filled with evil necron entities which corrupted him?

It would be very cool to model a necronish tau army. Put those green rods on tanks and crisis suits, use wraithbits on the crisis to look like shields and whatnot. I think it would be very cool- I was going to use this on my Tau as well :P

Who says Tau already are evil? The rigid caste system is rigid for a reason. It keeps the people in line. The Tau civilians don't dislike their lives, they love them, and they love the caste system. They don't enslave other races, they merely attempt to bring them under their auspices. Look at the humans who surrendered to the Tau during the second Sphere expansion- they were assimilated into Tau culture right away. They lived with the Tau, worked and went to school with them. They even volunteered to fight for them and protect them! Tau doesn't want to enslave, they want to better the rest of the galaxy's life, and so far they have accomplished that. They saved the Kroot from extinction and made eternal friends with them and the Vespid. No enslavement going on here.

Though of course, the Ethereals could be mind-controlling the rest of the Tau, with psychic energies so strong they can keep chaos at bay. Who says the "communion" helm isn't really a "mind-control" helm?

Conspiracies rock!

hellfire
01-07-2006, 16:51
Who says Tau already are evil? The rigid caste system is rigid for a reason. It keeps the people in line. The Tau civilians don't dislike their lives, they love them, and they love the caste system.
But they don't know about a better life or the idea of freedom for example if your born a fire warrior you will always be a fire warrior no choice or input on your part

They don't enslave other races, they merely attempt to bring them under their auspices. Look at the humans who surrendered to the Tau during the second Sphere expansion- they were assimilated into Tau culture right away. They lived with the Tau, worked and went to school with them. They even volunteered to fight for them and protect them!
ya they did but if it were truly equal shouldn't humans (and kroot) get armor and pulse weaponry as it is humans with the tau wear flak jackets and get pulse weapons off the black market.

Creep
01-07-2006, 18:34
The old fluff for the human auxiliaries had them using Tau armor.

And it's not like the kroot want to use the Tau armor, they would lose their only advantage in battle- their speed, cunning, and ability to "creep" around in forests.

The Necron who could
01-07-2006, 18:52
P.S. @ Necron who could. Why is Pie evil? I like Pie.
its not that pies evil its just what my brother added to it,and his tau army is called the pie crusaders
i was going to put somethin like the shwistika or bob dole, but he is very persuasive*rubbing the shiner on left side of face*

TheSonOfAbbadon
02-07-2006, 15:48
Though of course, the Ethereals could be mind-controlling the rest of the Tau, with psychic energies so strong they can keep chaos at bay.

Wrong, Tau are totally non-psychic, to be psychic would give them a huge warp signiture, it wouldn't deter daemons, but attract them. And I don't see any chaos worlds near Tau space, so I doubt Chaos really know that much about the Tau yet.

Who says the "communion" helm isn't really a "mind-control" helm?

No one does, everyone thinks it's a form of mind-control.

Conspiracies rock!

They're usually wrong though.