PDA

View Full Version : WoC, need help with doing competative/fun list using Swedish comp

Snogens
15-01-2015, 11:55
Hey!

I'm a long time lurker that finally started this great hobby.
I have done massive amounts of searching the web for fitting answers to my questions with no luck.

I would like to create a semi competative and fun list with nurgle/monster theme in regards to the Swedish comp system.
Because of this comp system and my theme I will not bring the cookie cutter units that is Skullcrushers and hellcanons.

Could someone help me design this list to get a decent comp score using Swedish comp.
The aprox 2400p list I had in mind was:

Lords/Heros:

Daemon prince of nurgle (in know this is "cookie cutter", but it fits theme and I love the modell im going to use)
(kitted somewhat nasty)

a BSB (Goes with MoN warriors)

a Wizard (Goes with MoN warriors)

Core:

10 Chaos warhounds (Dire wolves, already bought theese modells, will use 2 units of 5 as chaff)
~24 Chaos warriors, Mark of Nurgle, Halberards, Shields, Full command
Question: If i give theese guys banner of swiftness, will they move as fast as the trolls and ogres?

I will probobly have to add something in core to get to the 25% core tax (that is 600p in a 2400 battle). But i dont know what to add other then more warriors? any sudgestions?

Special:

6 (3x2) Chaos Trolls (Theese modells are bought and have paited 3 of them)
4 (2x2) Chaos Ogres, GW, MoN
4 (2x2) Chaos Ogres, GW, MoN

Rare

1 Chaos Giant, MoN
1 Chaos Giant, MoN

I would like it if someone can help me find some good alternatives to this. As stated above, I have bought 6 trolls, 1 daemon prince and 10 hounds, so anything except theese can be traded for something els.

Tactic I have in mind is:
Big block of warriors in middle rush forwards shielded by one unit of dogs.
On one flank I have one unit of ogres shielded by hounds, this is just to delay anything that wanna take this flank.
Then push the trolls, remaining unit of ogres and both giants down the other flank to overwhelm the opponent.

Is this a good list?, should I change anything?, What would the aprox score be on the Swedish comp shart?

Thank you in advance for all help!
Kind regards
/S

Sarael
15-01-2015, 19:44
If you expect the warriors to do anything at 2400 then they need to be a horde of at least thirty.

I run four units of dogs so I have plenty of chaff, and I've never not used them all.

Also, WFB is going to change drastically in five or six months, so consider that before you commit a lot of money.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
15-01-2015, 19:59
If you expect the warriors to do anything at 2400 then they need to be a horde of at least thirty.

I run four units of dogs so I have plenty of chaff, and I've never not used them all.

Also, WFB is going to change drastically in five or six months, so consider that before you commit a lot of money.

1) Did you read that this is Swedish comp? 30 warriors is WAY too many, and will be hit hard. 18 warriors is a better number, run 6-wide and 3-deep.

2) There is a RUMOUR that WHFB is going to change drastically. There is nothing to confirm this information at all. And while there will be a new edition coming out, Swedish may well lag behind and who knows how long it will take until Swedish tournaments switch to the new edition.

In other points, are you really set on MoN for this list? 3++ ward saves are severely undercomped in Swedish right now if you're willing to throw some Tzeentch in. The trick to making warriors competitive is having lots of little moving parts, so that you can mitigate the inherent inflexibility of the army. Having lots of characters running around with 3++ saves and GW/halberds is key.

Evil Hypnotist
16-01-2015, 10:18
Question: If i give theese guys banner of swiftness, will they move as fast as the trolls and ogres?

Nearly, the +1 movement will get them up to 5, where Trolls and Ogres are movement 6, although you can always just move them at the same rate as the warriors if you want to keep your battleline tidy.

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath has it right, 18 (6x3) is the most effective unit size for Warriors. In Swedish comp 30 warriors will be very harshly comped and is a huge brick of points that a good general can pick off relatively easily.

You can make up your Core with another unit of warriors, or many people use Chariots/massed warhounds/Forsaken.

Trolls are good but need to be babysitted by a hero in the unit or keeping your geberal near them otherwise they will fail their Stupidity tests a lot and not do anything.

Giants can be used effectively if you use Lore of Nurgle to get off regen and other buffs to protect them. Ogres are quite situational really, they are stunning against certain things (I smashed a Skaven Plague Furnace to pieces in one round of combat once) but I normally see them shot to pieces or panic and run away quite often.

The comp score from what you have put down is 19.7 (very friendly [0 is pure filth]), HOWEVER, a lot of the comp modifiers deal with what you upgrade your units with and certain combos so once you do a complete list expect this to go down considerably. Also, you should be aware there is a new version of Swedish coming out soon (1.15 - the beta is already up), which might change things for you again.