PDA

View Full Version : 2400 Legion of Chaos Monster Mash Throgg (for fun)

DaemonsRage
16-01-2015, 20:02
Hi, I normally play and collect Empire, Dwarf, Bretts and OnG but I wanted to try something else. I wanted a small elite army with low model count for easier collecting, painting, shorter game turns, and easier to take with me somewhere. I liked the idea of trolls because I had thought about massing them before in OnG before I realized how superior the chaos ones were to them. Chaos can easily cater to the idea of a small army and I have always liked the be'lakor model so..

2385 points according to battle scribe

-Lords-

Daemon Prince (WoC)
Chaos armour, Daemon of Nurgle, Daemonic Flight, Lore of Death, Wizard Lv4
Chaos mutations & Powers: Chaos Familiar, Flaming Breath, Soul Feeder, Scaled Skin
Magic Items; Dragonhelm, the Other Trickster's shard

-Heroes-

Gorebull
BSB, shield, Blackened Plate, Obsidian Amulet

Throgg

-Core-

x17 Chaos Trolls with additional hand weapons

-Special-

x4 Chaos Ogres, champion, standard
with great weapons, Mark of Khorne

Chimera
flaming breath, regenerating flesh

Chimera
flaming breath, regenerating flesh

26 models.. I like this idea a lot. Small elite army with 3 flying monsters, 1 deathstar and a few ogres. The army has a whopping 4 flame breath attacks, that's kinda neat. Place the hero bull in deathstar to help protect the trolls main weakness vs fire and gives them frenzy. My friend pointed out that a single ghost could tie them up for a turn+ with deathstar having no magic attacks. Should I swap the Obsidian Amulet for a cheap magic weapon? Is the MR2 redundant or overkill?

yea I know army has low unit count, its what I was going for..

anything illegal? kinda new to chaos books.
also looking for pointers or anything obvious i missed.

Only thing I wanted in this list that comes to mind, but can't figure out how without gimping dp is a dispel scroll.

If DP is wounded and has Acid Ichor and Soul Feeder, does Acid Ichor have possibility of causing wound and then trying to regain a wound with Soul Feeder?

Bronhoms
16-01-2015, 23:07
You need chaff. Chaos warhounds and harpies (if they can use Throggs leadership, not sure about their troop type) will do. Just 2 dog units and 1 harpie. Cut down on the Trolls. Get more Ogres and possibly Scyla with the ogres. I know he has to be general, but the mr3 is quite nice, and it does mean that they will ahve to deal with the ogre block.