PDA

View Full Version : 1250 Legion of Chaos Nurgle

Soulsmith
21-01-2015, 19:16
Here is a prospective army list. My local is doing a 1250 so I think it sounds like I good option to shoot for. Not sure on how competitive it is so all C&C encouraged!

Heroes:

Festus - 190

Wargor - BSB, Heavy Armour, Shield, MoN, Beast Banner, Gnarled Hide - 216

Core

Gor Herd x28 - AHW, MoN, Full Command - 305

Warriors x12 - Halberds, MoN, Full Command - 228

Marauder Horsemen x5 - Flails - 80

Special

Putrid Blightkings x5 - 200

There are things I would like but warriors are pricey. Should I go for no gors and a smaller warrior unit instead? i would like to get a musician/MoN on the horsemen. I'm not really trying to be too competitive, thus the PB and horsemen, I like the models.

Soulsmith
30-01-2015, 14:53
Second prospective list:

Heroes:

Festus - 190

Core

Warriors x12 - Halberds, MoN, Full Command - 258

Marauder Horsemen x5 - Flails, MoN - 100

Special

Bestigors x18 - Full Command, MoN - 282

Total: 1246

Groza
30-01-2015, 18:00
I'd remove the chaos warriors from the first list and add a chimera.
I wouldn't feel comfortable having 3 slow units and only some marauder horsemen on the side, a chimera will add a lot of mobility to your list, you'll be able to catch things, threaten flanks and warmachines.

Soulsmith
30-01-2015, 20:07
I'd remove the chaos warriors from the first list and add a chimera.
I wouldn't feel comfortable having 3 slow units and only some marauder horsemen on the side, a chimera will add a lot of mobility to your list, you'll be able to catch things, threaten flanks and warmachines.

Do you think the gors would be capable of chewing through enough compared to warriors though?

Groza
30-01-2015, 22:12
They're definitely not as tough as warriors but the unit is bigger and with festus in there they should dish out enough damage to go against anything in a 1250pt game.
You could also get a bigger unit of warriors and drop the gors instead, it's up to you.
But I definitely think a chimera would make a bigger difference than a 3rd block of troops, unless you're going against cannons. Even then, careful deployment and movement can save your monster. Just deploy out of sight of his cannons and vanguard up with the horsemen. If they are in combat with the cannon by bottom of 2 your chimera can run around and cause havoc without worry.

Soulsmith
31-01-2015, 15:24
Edited list:

Heroes:

Festus - 190

Core

Warriors x14 - Halberds, MoN, Full Command - 258

Marauder Horsemen x5 - Flails, MoN - 100

Special

Chimera - Regenerative Flesh - 245

Total: 1247

Groza
31-01-2015, 17:07
I see you went with the warriors, will you field them 6-wide? Should be quite a formidable unit with those characters in there, so good choice.
Would like to hear how the army fared on the tabletop.

Soulsmith
31-01-2015, 20:09
I see you went with the warriors, will you field them 6-wide? Should be quite a formidable unit with those characters in there, so good choice.
Would like to hear how the army fared on the tabletop.

Aye, simply for the sake of getting everything bought and painted in time. Yeh 6-wide. Well I will let you know, thanks for your assistance.

Bronhoms
31-01-2015, 23:48
give your marauders MoS instead. Don't be fooled into thinking that they can kill anything more than 2 elves and a boltthrower.