PDA

View Full Version : wood elf high magic lore attribute

ReynakZhen
27-01-2015, 19:27
Hi all, just wanted to get a concrete answer concerning an issue that came up in a game I played against my friend today.

If a wood elf mage using high magic gets hit by an insta- death spell such a dwellers below, can the wood elf player remove stored protection counters from the lore attribute to negate the wounds caused ?

the lore attribute in question states: Whenever the wizard (or a model in the same unit as him) suffers an unsaved wound and there are one or more protection counters next to him, remove a protection counter and treat the wound as if it had been saved.

Could that also save a model from killing blow as well?

SimaoSegunda
27-01-2015, 19:41
No, it can't save against "test or die" spells, because they don't inflict wounds, they remove the model.

It can, however, protect against killing blow, because KB only says you can't make an armour save against it. Ancient's Protection isn't specifically an armour save, just a save.

Mr_Rose
27-01-2015, 20:11
It's not even a save; it just automatically negates a wound.

SimaoSegunda
27-01-2015, 20:33
It's not even a save; it just automatically negates a wound.

It is a save. It's very specifically a save.

theunwantedbeing
28-01-2015, 07:56
If a wood elf mage using high magic gets hit by an insta- death spell such a dwellers below, can the wood elf player remove stored protection counters from the lore attribute to negate the wounds caused ?
Those sorts of spells don't cause wounds.
(yeah, sounds absurd right?)
Page 44 of the rulebook explains this.

Could that also save a model from killing blow as well?
It works vs killing blow because there is an unsaved wound to prevent.
Despite the killing blow rule itself not actually causing wounds.

ReynakZhen
28-01-2015, 16:49
Thanks for the responses. I guess i'll just have to hope and pray that my opponent doesn't get those insta- death type spells off.

@ theunwantedbeing, thanks also for the page reference, much appreciated.