PDA

View Full Version : Working on 2150 VC for RTT (Heavy Knights/Wolf Summons)

ThickJohnson
28-06-2006, 17:26
Hello,

I am working on a list for an upcoming tournament that some friends and I are looking to attend. I have never played VC at an event so I am looking forward to it quite a bit!

This list is partially determined by what I think I can have painted in time. I have a tun of zombies and skeletons but I am looking to avoid the whole hoard thing as I just won't have time to get it done.

Premise is pretty simple. Summon Wolves to march block, harass, and add unit strengh as needed.

Should I just skip the necro's skeleton unit? Toss a cloak on him instead? With the light magic I am not confident I can get the skele unit boosted sufficently.

I would appreciate any and all opinions and will respond in turn.

Characters:

Vampire Count 367pts (Lord)

Base: Hand Weapon
Options: Level 2 Wizard; Lance; Shield; Von Carstein; Dispel Scroll(x1); Cursed Book; Von Carstein - Summon Wolves
Mount: Barded Nightmare

Vampire Thrall 127pts (Hero)

Base: Hand weapon
Options: Shield; Von Carstein; Lance; Heavy Armour; Von Carstein - Summon Wolves

Vampire Thrall 127pts (Hero)

Options: Shield; Von Carstein; Lance; Heavy Armour; Von Carstein - Summon Wolves

Necromancer 150pts (Hero)

Options: Level 2 Wizard; Dispel Scroll(x1); Book of Arkhan

Units:

5 x Dire Wolves 50pts (Core)

7 x Ghouls 56pts (Core)

7 x Ghouls 56pts (Core)

7 x Ghouls 56pts (Core)

7 x Ghouls 56pts (Core)

10 x Skeletons 120pts (Core)

Base: Hand Weapon; Shield
Options: Light Armour; Champion; Standard Bearer

9 x Black Knights 257pts (Special)

Base: Hand weapon; Lance; heavy armour; shield
Options: Standard Bearer; Champion

3 x Fell Bats 60pts (Special)

Total 2146 Points
PD: 6 +1 Bound
DD: 4 + 2 Scrolls

Pontus
30-06-2006, 07:55
Looks fine to me, my chaos would have quite a match vs that list.

I have only one question. Asuming you're going to deploy the characters in those knight units, why do you have barding on the characters and not knights? Those bardings will slow down your advance and not do you much good.

Other than that, nice :)

ThickJohnson
30-06-2006, 13:17
The barding is listed in the points cost but I failed to include it in the profile. Thanks for catching it.

Thicky J

CarlostheCraven
30-06-2006, 16:08
I would change the units of ghouls to 2x5 and 2x9, for panic test purposes, and general flexibility. There are some targets you only need 5 ghouls for - solo wizards and the like - and there are sone where 9 would be more helpful - other skirmished units. Also, 40 pts 5 man unit is extremely expendible, they can make great lures for your opponent, especially if they are frenzied.

The 10 skelies will be shot down by saavy players in a single turn and vaporize the necro once he is by himself. The unit should either be more substantial or the points should be invested elsewhere. You are right, you do not have enough magic to make the unit worthwhile.

3 fell bats are next to useless, you need 5 or 6 to make them worthwhile when it comes to warmachine hunting, and even then they cannot handle Dwarf warmachine crew.

Cheers