PDA

View Full Version : New Player - WOC 2400pts Mono-Khorne

exsanguis
07-02-2015, 03:04
Hey guys,

So I've always wanted to do a mono-Khorne army, and I've done up a quick list. Please note I am new to Fantasy (40k veteran), so might be off with my percentages. This is what I've come up with:
LORDS
Chaos Lord - MoK, Soulfeeder, Helm of Many Eyes, Sword of Strife, Dawnstone, Juggernaut (375)
Goes with the Skullcrushers.

HEROES
Exalted Hero - BSB, Talisman of Preservation, Soulfeeder, MoK, Charmed Shield, Barded Chaos Steed (221)
Goes with the Knights.

CORE
Chaos Warriors x18 - MoK, AHW, Musician, Standard (344)
Chaos Warriors x18 - MoK, Shields, Musician, Standard (326)
Chaos Chariot - MoK (120)
Warhounds x5 - Vanguard (40)
Warhounds x5 - Vanguard (40)

SPECIAL
Chaos Knights x5 - Ensorcelled Weapons, MoK, Musician, Standard Bearer (245)

RARE
Skullcrushers x5 - Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Ensorcelled Weapons (420)
Skullcannon
Skullcannon

TOTAL: 2401

Is there anything hideously wrong with this list? I am using Skullcannons in lieu of the Hellcannon, so will need to either change to Hellcannon or use the ET rules. If I can't use the ET rules, I was thinking of including some Chimaera's instead?

Thanks for reading!

Lance Tankmen
07-02-2015, 04:19
mono khorne is cool, buuuuut. the Shields are kind of a waste, as you lose the parry save, better to give em halberds otherwise, its a fun fluffy list

exsanguis
07-02-2015, 06:04
How do they lose the parry save? Is it because of frenzy? Also, how does one model the halberds as the kit only seems to come with hand weapons nd shields :/

Ahnarras
07-02-2015, 06:52
Yep, a model with frenzy can't parry. Still it's maybe not a bad choice, having 3+ AS is gold (and you still pump 3A S4 per guy...)

If you looks deep into the site, you should see somewhere a box with only arms + halberds for WoC.
Or you can just use Chose, they have halberd.

exsanguis
09-02-2015, 00:55
Thank for the input guys. I'm pretty keen to get started on these guys, and will most likely change the Shield/HW Warriors to Halberds.

I've also drawn up a list for a Mono-Tzeentch army if you're willing to C&C that as well?

LORDS
Sorcerer Lord - Disc, MoT, Level 4 (Metal), 4++, Third Eye, Familiar

HEROES
BSB - MoT, Armour of Destiny, Third Eye, Shield, Barded Steed, Halberd, Soulfeeder

CORE
Warriors x20 - Shields, MoT, Musician, Standard, Banner of Eternal Flame
Warriors x20 - Shields, MoT, Musician, Standard
Chariot - MoT
Chariot - MoT
Warhounds x5 - Vanguard
Warhounds x5 - Vanguard

SPECIAL
Chaos Knights x9 - MoT, Musician, Standard Bearer with the War Banner, Doom Knight, Ensorcelled Weapons
Chimera - Regeneration

Comes to 2400 on the dot.

BAN
09-02-2015, 12:52
I think you should drop the block of warriors with the shields for more khorne chariots also make the skullcrushers 2 units of 3. put the bsb in one and the lord in the other. You also have no magic! you can now give a brayshaman mark of khorne and put him with the warriors give him jagged dagger aswell for extra power dice and attacks in combat.

BAN
09-02-2015, 12:55
Also your whole army is frenzied so you need blockers in front to negate the compulsory charges you don't want... a couple of razorgor to help out the warhounds would be good for this.

exsanguis
09-02-2015, 21:54
I've actually gone over my 25% Rare budget with the Skullcannons, so I was thinking of dropping them and adding a Chimera, or maybe more Chariots? I don't know if Khorne would be pleased with me including a Shaman in the list! I will think on it lol

Any thoughts on the Tzeentch list? It seems safer to me, but more boring!

exsanguis
09-02-2015, 21:55
I suppose I could drop the shield unit, drop the Skullcannons, and add a couple of Chimeras and another Chariot? Is the Gorebeast Chariot worth it over the regular one? I've read that they're much slower.