PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding Alliances?

Khaines Wrath
07-02-2015, 04:11
Hi all, with the now combined Elven factions I just have a question.

Do I need the ET Khaine book to actually field an army with combined elven factions? I only ask because my plan is to put some Wood Elf units in my High Elves army, not much just some auxiliary units. I own both army books so I have the rules for both factions but I'm curious if I actually need to purchase the ET book for it to be legal.

I'm sure my friend who I primarily play with will be perfectly ok with it, we are fairly relaxed on "play as" stuff and he has even previously suggested I use some of my Vampire Counts units in my Elves for fun but Im just thinking in regards to tournaments. I only ask because the Allies system seems more relevant to player teams as opposed a single player using units from different armies.

Thank you in Advance.

Micalovits
07-02-2015, 09:36
I don't think the tournaments would require you to bring the ET book, but you have to make sure you know whatever rules there are in it.
That said, most tournaments don't actually allow Legion list (yet, might still come)and if they do they usually are quite restricted

furrie
07-02-2015, 12:52
ET: khaine states which units you can field in the armies, so it handy to have a copy. And of course the new magic phase, that you must use when playing an elven host

sorberec
07-02-2015, 21:16
I don't think the tournaments would require you to bring the ET book, but you have to make sure you know whatever rules there are in it.
That said, most tournaments don't actually allow Legion list (yet, might still come)and if they do they usually are quite restricted

Tournaments normally expect you to have a copy of all rules you're using so you can show the rules to your opponent if any queries come up (otherwise you could just make up any rule you wanted). That would include the Khaine book if you're wanting to run any of the Host lists from it.