PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh's Aquiescence vs Skullcanon

Joeman169
09-02-2015, 17:24
...or an Ironblaster? When you random move you continue facing the direction you moved in, so I am wondering about a canon that moves and shoots. Can these canons still pivot to shoot, or am I right in thinking they can shoot, but only in the arc they are facing?

Knifeparty
09-02-2015, 19:57
Random movement states that you choose a direction to move in, pivot on the spot from the middle of the unit/base and move in the direction you have chosen. Warmachines can pivot in the shooting phase, but Skullcannons are chariots so the adhere to chariot movement rules unless stated otherwise. So unless you have someone physically blocking you from pivoting in the random movement phase then you can pivot in a direction, move and then shoot.

furrie
16-02-2015, 06:57
Random movement states that you choose a direction to move in, pivot on the spot from the middle of the unit/base and move in the direction you have chosen. Warmachines can pivot in the shooting phase, but Skullcannons are chariots so the adhere to chariot movement rules unless stated otherwise. So unless you have someone physically blocking you from pivoting in the random movement phase then you can pivot in a direction, move and then shoot.
The pivotng in the shooting phase for warmachines is part of there shooting rules and as such a skullcannon/iron blaster etc. can pivot during the shooting phase

Knifeparty
16-02-2015, 14:23
Is the Skullcannon/Ironblaster a Warmachine though? I though it was considered a chariot and therefore couldn't pivot.

furrie
17-02-2015, 06:58
Is the Skullcannon/Ironblaster a Warmachine though? I though it was considered a chariot and therefore couldn't pivot.
its not a warmachine, but it shoots like one and as such would follow all the rules for shooting with that warmachine.

Knifeparty
17-02-2015, 20:21
If it isn't labeled "war machine" in it's unit type then it does not follow the rules for war machines. Therefore it does not get the free pivot and must fire within it's arc of sight like any other unit that can fire a ranged weapon. It is a chariot and must adhere to the rules for chariots, it just happens to be armed with a cannon.

doomspittle
17-02-2015, 20:53
It can't harm tyrion hes to hard and tough. Plus he's immortal .

SanDiegoSurrealist
17-02-2015, 21:00
If it isn't labeled "war machine" in it's unit type then it does not follow the rules for war machines. Therefore it does not get the free pivot and must fire within it's arc of sight like any other unit that can fire a ranged weapon. It is a chariot and must adhere to the rules for chariots, it just happens to be armed with a cannon.

True, but the rule for the Skull Cannon says "Fire the Skull Cannon in the same way as a normal cannon."

Knifeparty
17-02-2015, 22:28
True, but the rule for the Skull Cannon says "Fire the Skull Cannon in the same way as a normal cannon."

Ok, thats fine then. I don't have the rules in front of me because I don't play either Daemons or Ogres. If the rules in their entry states specifically that they can perform an action that they would not normally be able to do for their unit type then it's legal, which I stated in my first comment.

SanDiegoSurrealist
18-02-2015, 14:16
Ok, thats fine then. I don't have the rules in front of me because I don't play either Daemons or Ogres. If the rules in their entry states specifically that they can perform an action that they would not normally be able to do for their unit type then it's legal, which I stated in my first comment.

Yeah it is one of those weird ones.
It also says in its rules it can fire it's cannon if it has moved but not if it Marched.
So can it March?
Chariot rules say no, but this seems to contradict that.

furrie
19-02-2015, 06:54
Yeah it is one of those weird ones.
It also says in its rules it can fire it's cannon if it has moved but not if it Marched.
So can it March?
Chariot rules say no, but this seems to contradict that.

its probably just for the case they make it possible somewhere in the future for chariots to march. Seeing as it doesn't say the chariot can march, but in case it would have marched

SanDiegoSurrealist
19-02-2015, 14:10
its probably just for the case they make it possible somewhere in the future for chariots to march. Seeing as it doesn't say the chariot can march, but in case it would have marched

But there is no need to say it can't march when the rules for chariots implicitly state a chariot can not march. Also there is no need to say it can not march in a preemptive measure in the case that sometime at a later date that chariots can march because those hypothetical future rules would state that chariots can march, hence there is no need to stipulate. :)

theunwantedbeing
19-02-2015, 14:33

...Soulgrinder?

sorberec
22-02-2015, 21:04

Aiming and firing are not the same thing.

SanDiegoSurrealist
24-02-2015, 13:13
Aiming and firing are not the same thing.

The BRB does not differentiate the difference between firing and aiming. The instructions for firing a Cannon is all under the heading of Cannon page 112 of the Big Book.

But upon further inspection it does state "Remember that War Machine are allowed to pivot in the Movement Phase"

So if you don't pivot a War Machine in the Movement Phase then you can only fire in your forward arc, if following the letter of the rules.

LiddellHart
24-02-2015, 21:24
But upon further inspection it does state "Remember that War Machine are allowed to pivot in the Movement Phase"

So if you don't pivot a War Machine in the Movement Phase then you can only fire in your forward arc, if following the letter of the rules.

If I remember correctly, this was errata'd to "in the shooting phase", but I don't have the faqs at hand now.

furrie
25-02-2015, 07:01
If I remember correctly, this was errata'd to "in the shooting phase", but I don't have the faqs at hand now.

it was indeed errata'd to the shooting phase

SanDiegoSurrealist
25-02-2015, 12:20
Thanks guys forgot about that. Thought maybe had been playing it wrong this whole time for a moment there. Cheers.