········Orc Great Shaman:
········Talisman of Preservation:

+ Heroes (130pts) +

Night Goblin Big Boss (55pts) [Battle Standard Bearer (25pts)]

Night Goblin Shaman (75pts) [Lore of da Little Waaagh!, Wizard Level 1]
····Rules: Fear Elves, Hatred (Dwarfs), Magic Mushrooms
····Magic Items (25pts) [BRB - Dispel Scroll (25pts)]

+ Core (603pts) +

Forest Goblin Spider Riders (95pts) [Boss (10pts), 5x Forest Goblin Spider Rider (65pts), Giant Spider, Musician (10pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]

Goblin Wolf Riders (65pts) [Giant Wolf, Musician (10pts)][5x Spear (5pts)]

Goblin Wolf Riders (65pts) [Giant Wolf, Musician (10pts)] spears 5pts

Night Goblins (273pts) [Boss (10pts), Musician (10pts), Netters (45pts), 3x Night Goblin Fanatics (75pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]

Night Goblins (105pts) [Musician (10pts), Night Goblin Fanatics (25pts), Standard Bearer (10pts)]

+ Special (465pts) +

Da Immortulz (465pts) [35x Black Orc Immortulz (420pts), Boss (15pts), Musician (10pts)] standard bearer 10 pts with flaming banner 10 pts

+ Rare (600pts) +

Doom Diver Catapult (80pts) [3x Crew]

Doom Diver Catapult (80pts) [3x Crew]

Goblin Rock Lobber (85pts) [3x Crew]

Goblin Rock Lobber (85pts) [3x Crew]

River Trolls (270pts) [Bone, club or bit of tree, 6x River Troll (270pts)]

dond2
11-02-2015, 04:30
So what do you guys think of this list for a tournament? I'm wondering if I should drop the trolls for manglers?

Jind_Singh
14-02-2015, 22:59
Is the Orc shaman in the gobbo unit I'm guessing?

You may want to consider some form or combat ready characters in that unit as otherwise there are no ways to protect the vulnerable characters hiding in there

dond2
16-02-2015, 03:50
Yeah it is. Should I drop one troll and put some fencers blades on the orc shaman?

Jind_Singh
17-02-2015, 06:17
At that point upgrade the bugger to Savage so he has 3 attacks going into combat - and if he pulls of Fists of Gork he's up to 6 attacks, he's a mini monster!

The list is ok and at the same time it's not.

It has the flavor of an all-rounders army but is missing some structure in it's crafting.

For e.g. you got Grimgor and his Black Orcs as a combat unit, the Trolls are good support - but that's pretty much it! The Night Goblins are not really designed for close combat from the looks of it, there are no Squig Herds, chariots, to help add much needed combat res - and the Black Orcs with Grimgor are not enough of a threat all on their own

A squig herd is just 150pts for 15 squigs and 10 herders - but boy o boy they hit hard, 15 WS4 S5 attacks...nom nom
20 Savage Orc Big Uns helps fill core AND grabs you a boatload of attacks - and again are decent cheap

Now all of a sudden that's three nasty as heck combat units!

Night Goblins - I prefer the unit to be AT LEAST 50 strong with characters included - my main unit is 48 of them with full command,netters, 1 fanatic - and then a Lord and Hero - their goal is to help juice up the combat res while the NG add much needed combat res AND help break steadfast

I also don't get why Spider riders need a banner - it's just easy VP to burn away AND cost 10pts that could be used in other places

Don't take this all the wrong way - the list is also decent as it is, the warmachines will help you out in a few games - this was to illustrate the lack of combat potential of the army

dond2
18-02-2015, 18:15
Wolves and spiders oh my (2396pts) +++ ++ Orcs & Goblins - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.2. (Standard) (2396pts)

++ + Lords (645pts) + Grimgor Ironhide (355pts) [AB - Blood-Forged Armour, AB - Gitsnik]

Savage Orc Great Shaman (290pts) [Lore of da Big Waaagh!, Wizard Level 4] ····Magic Items [AB - Lucky Shrunken Head (Savage Orc Shaman or Great Shaman only), BRB - Fencer's Blades] +

Heroes (130pts)

+ Night Goblin Big Boss (55pts) [Battle Standard Bearer]

Night Goblin Shaman (75pts) [Lore of da Little Waaagh!, Wizard Level 1] ····Magic Items [BRB - Dispel Scroll]

+ Core (615pts)

+ Forest Goblin Spider Riders (65pts) [5x Forest Goblin Spider Rider]

Goblin Wolf Riders (65pts) [Musician] ····5x Goblin Wolf Rider [5x Spear]

Goblin Wolf Riders (65pts) [Musician] ····5x Goblin Wolf Rider [5x Spear]

Night Goblins (165pts) [Boss, Musician, 3x Night Goblin Fanatics, Standard Bearer] ····20x Night Goblin [20x Short Bows]

Savage Orc Big 'Uns (255pts) [Boss, Musician, Standard Bearer] ····20x Savage Orc Big 'Un [20x Additional Hand Weapon] +

Special (546pts)

+ Da Immortulz (441pts) [33x Black Orc Immortulz, Boss, Musician] ····Standard Bearer [BRB - Banner of Eternal Flame]

Trolls (105pts) [3x Troll] + Rare (460pts)

+ Doom Diver Catapult (80pts)

Doom Diver Catapult (80pts)

Goblin Rock Lobber (85pts)

Goblin Rock Lobber (85pts)

Mangler Squigs (65pts)

Mangler Squigs (65pts)

So this is the list I could get. Just have to buy the savages and the manglers. Does this list have better combat potential? I halved the troll unit and downgraded them to regular trolls in order to add the points for the manglers. Is that a better trade?

Jind_Singh
20-02-2015, 04:48
sick sick sick!!

I love it!!!

I tell you why...

Extra combat potential thanks to the Savages
Extra distraction thanks to Manglers (Means folks not paying attention to other units for at least 1-2 turns)
Shaman is now a combat beast

ONLY tweak that may be worth it, may not, is taking out 5 wolf riders OR a single Troll and investing into Netters...

- Adds some protection to the unit, especially the characters, as the unit becomes T4 and the characters become T5 essentially vs a netted opponent
- Combo charge the Gobbos with the Orcs (just get Gobbos into combat with a single model) and now you add some combat res AND potentially reduce strength of the enemy (so the Orcs become T5 essentially!!)

I really like the list - it's got some proper potential - the warmachines will also help out big time.

Hint - use the Manglers along your back line - bouncing back and forth sideways along the deployment zone - their job is to prevent enemy units from going warmachine hunting. In the late game advance them - and try to go through a combat, sure you mangle your own guys but you also mangle the enemy units too!

dond2
23-02-2015, 13:59
Played a game against high elves last night. It went well and was bloody on both sides but due to some bad leadership tests I lost my savages turn 1 so I spent the game without magic. But I killed everything in his army except his sea guard unit with his general and BSB while he killed all of my units except my warmachines. Overall a much better showing for my ong