PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 2500 pts Swedish comp

Gharnukk
22-02-2015, 14:47
Greetings. I have a real list building flow so I wanted to post my Vampire counts list aswell. Pretty straight forward. It is a beastly scream list, Strigoi themed. I like the screams and the regen so I hope that it will be fun to play. Please let me know what you think and thank you for looking.

Valeriu: Ghoul King. 370 -13
- Level 1 (Vampires)
- The other tricksters shard
- Dragonbane gem
- Aura of dark majesty (-2 for each Death shriek in the army)
- Beguile
- Red Fury (-10)

Master Necromancer. 190 -18
-Level 3 (Death) (-10)
- Obsidian amulet

Necromancer. 65 -5
- Level 1 (Vampires)

Wight King. 129 -4
- Nightshroud (-2)
- Shield

Banshee. 95 (1st -7 + additional -5 for 3 or more Death spells)

Banshee. 95 (2nd -13 + additional -5 for 3 or more Death spells)

50 Skeleton Warriors. 295 -6
- Full command (Banner of Swiftness)

40 Zombies. 125 -4
-Standard

20 Zombies 65 -3
- Standard

6 Dire Wolves. 48 -2

6 Dire Wolves. 48 -2

6 Dire Wolves. 48 -2

8 Crypt Horrors. 304 -30

Varghulf. 175 -5

Mortis engine. 220 -20

Terrorgheist. 225 -30

Total points: 2497

Swedish comp score: 10,2

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
27-02-2015, 00:24
Honestly, I feel like your list is kind of lacking in teeth. The Strigoi is only S5, and can't cut through armour. You're not guaranteed to get D&D on a level 3 death, and death magic with all those screams is a pretty big comp hit. With only level 1 vampires casters those crypt horrors aren't particularly durable.

For comparison, I've built a double blender BK bus list that comps in at a 10.

I'd say give the Ghoul King a Giant Blade. Boost both the necros up a level and put them on vampires instead of death. Drop the two banshees to pay for this. Consider putting the BT on the mortis engine. I'd also give the baby necro a Scroll of Shielding and the master necro the black periapt. Wight King should get a Great Weapon (and drop the shield). If you can afford it, put the Rod of Flaming Death on something...it's a cool item that doesn't have a comp hit.

I'd also drop the Varghulf for a 4-pack of Vargheists. Yeah they have double the comp hit, but for the same price they're just loads better and still fit with your theme.

Gharnukk
27-02-2015, 05:57
Thank you for you input :) I have never played this kind of list before. I am a Knight bus kind of guy too.
But always wanted to take the Ghoul King for a spin. What other units do you use besides your two buses?

PirateRobotNinjaofDeath
06-03-2015, 20:08
Thank you for you input :) I have never played this kind of list before. I am a Knight bus kind of guy too.
But always wanted to take the Ghoul King for a spin. What other units do you use besides your two buses?

One bus, two blenders in it. It'll smash basically anything you put it up against. I run it with either two units of vargheists (cheap on Swedish) or one varg one terrorgheist. The vargs flush stuff into the way of the knight bus, and dismantle warmachine batteries to protect the bus.