PDA

View Full Version : SM Command legs sprue?

Friendly Neighbour
29-06-2006, 13:58
According to the GW online store, a SM Command Squad comes with a "command legs sprue":
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120101028&orignav=10

The Devastator squad doesn't:
http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99110101308&orignav=10

Well I just bought 3 command squads and 2 devastator squads. None of the command squads contained the "legs sprue" instead they had ordinary tactical marine sprues for legs.

However both devastator squads did contain the "command legs sprue".

So either I managed to get 5 faulty boxes at once or the online store is wrong.

Can anyone help me out? Is the online-store wrong?

Grimtuff
29-06-2006, 14:02
When the command squad was first released the "Command Sprue" was not ready, the ones you were sent were obviously some of the first batch.

(Well certainly the ones I got at Games Day 2 years ago were ;) )

Mad Doc Grotsnik
29-06-2006, 14:03
Ah! Well, you see....

I got my Command Squad at Games Day when they were first released, before that sprue was added.

Have a word with Mail Order, or the shop you bought them from (assuming it was a non-Mail Order).

They are usually happy to replace what your missing.

Friendly Neighbour
29-06-2006, 14:10
So the commandsquad is suppose to come with the command legs sprue, but when they where first released they didn't?

Will the store exchange my boxes even though they where of the old kind?

Grimtuff
29-06-2006, 14:12
I don't see why not, if it was something you were expecting to get in the box then it's your right as a customer to inform them.

boogle
29-06-2006, 14:21
The problem is, they might then have to go through a few boxes of their current stock, before they find those that have the right legs in, making those boxes that are opened virtually non-saleable, you might be better off rining Direct Sales and explaining that to them

Friendly Neighbour
29-06-2006, 14:25
Thank's everyone! I'll ask the store how they want to handle it, they're nice guys so I'm sure they'll find a way.

t-tauri
29-06-2006, 17:51
The problem is that the box has "contents may vary from illustration" which means they can substitute the sprue in if they want-as long as the kit comes with enough bits to make the right number of guys of the right type you've no real legal right to have it changed.

Indeed if they're old stock they may not be able to replace them. Be very nice when you ask for a replacement as they'd be well within the law to point at the little disclaimer and say "sorry".

Mad Doc Grotsnik
29-06-2006, 18:00
Thats not the GW way though!

Chances are they'll either get some sent to you, or sort it out another way. This is why GW are such a pleasent company you know! Excellent customer service.