PDA

View Full Version : Orcs & Goblins 2500 pts Swedish comp

Gharnukk
26-02-2015, 22:43
Greetings.

Here I have a for me fluffy list as it contains my characters who all have their own fluff. I hope you like it :)
You can follow the progress of the army on my blog. It's a work in progress and I will update as often as I can.

Gharnukk: Black Orc Warboss. 258 -10
- Talisman of Preservation
- Ogre blade
- Dragonhelm
- Shield

Rukk: Savage Orc Great Shaman. 250 -30
- Level 3 (Big Waagh!)
- Lucky Shrunken Head
- Obsidian Amulet

Kaz’gar: Orc warboss . 288 -13
- Gutmuncher: Wyvern
- Enchanted shield
- Spear
- Potion of speed

Kar’zok: Orc warboss. 293 -16
- Fleshripper: Wyvern
- Charmed Shield
- Spear
- Dragonbane Gem
- Potion of Foolhardiness

Godrak: Savage orc big boss. 119 -15
- BSB (Standard of Discipline)
- Great weapon

Snikkitz: Night goblin shaman. 50-6
- Level 1 (Little Waagh!)

37 Savage Orc big 'uns. 442 -34
- Full command
- Additional hand weapons

5 Wolf riders. 60 -3
- Spears
- Shields

5 Wolf riders. 60 -3
- Spears
- Shields

20 Night goblins. 105 -5
- Shortbows
- Netters

Troll. 35 -2

Doom diver. 80 -11

Doom diver. 80 -11

Rock lobber. 85 -6
(WMP 18 -14)

Arachnarok. 290 -15

Total points: 2498pts

Swedish comp: 10,6

Jind_Singh
01-03-2015, 16:35
I think that Gharnukk has been taking drinks from Kar’zok's potion of fool hardiness!

I've not seen a lower model count for an Orcs & Goblins list at a 1,000pts - this is 2,500pts!

From my perspective there is simply too much invested in characters - and there is no actual physical army here. Even the characters:

BSB - he's dead sooner or later when you reach combat and he's only taking you from Ld9 to 10 - which is good but 9 with a re-roll is more than ample.
Level 1 shaman - not sure what his role is in life, there are perhaps 1-2 spells that don't cut it from the Little Waagh, this fellow really needs to be a level 2 to be of any use to anyone as he can then try single dice casting of the spells as most casting values are 5+.

Wyvern Riders - great models, good builds you selected but really it's an all in army thanks to having TWO of them.

If you face an enemy that can't handle these monsters you will do well. Face Empire, Dwarf, Ogres, and now we're in trouble - but so many other armies have a lot of counters for these units - and they take away close to 600pts.

And whose going to help keep a single combat block alive and kicking? The Night Goblins are a small speed bump - but other than the Savages and the Spider no one can really take any hits/dish them back - no Squig Herds, no back up infantry units...

I'd almost be tempted to ditch ONE of the Wyvern Riders and then:

Add a squig Herd for 150pts (10 Squigs, 15 herders)
Add some extra Night Goblins (make them hand weapons and shields) (inc characters unit needs to be 50 strong)
Add big bosses with great weapons
Swap Savage BSB for NG BSB, give him some ward saves

This now gives you:

Savage Orc fighting block
Night Goblin fighting block
Squig herd fighting block
Arachnork Spider fighter
Wyvern fighter

Without really sacrificing your theme and feel of the army.

But that's just me, 8th needs and requires an army to back the game plan up, and frankly too many points in characters

Gharnukk
02-03-2015, 08:08
Haha best reply ever Jind :D Made me laugh out loud here at work. I will do my best to meet you half way here ;) Will make another list and post it as soon as I can.

Jind_Singh
02-03-2015, 17:02
Haha best reply ever Jind :D Made me laugh out loud here at work. I will do my best to meet you half way here ;) Will make another list and post it as soon as I can.

Got to admit - I was chortling too when the 1st line came to me!

It's always tough responding to someones list - as a fellow list hobbyist I know the how much time, love, and attention we pay to making our lists - especially in your case where you have heavily invested into the lore of the army.

My own, 100% all Goblin list, has so much story and invention that it's actually impossible for me to change ANY of my list - every unit HAS to be there, damn the game results!

But still - had a duty to try and reach out to you as I want to see all Greenskins prosper

Gharnukk
02-03-2015, 17:21
I cried for a While but I feel better now ;) My original list included Boar boyz because I like the models. But mine ride Wolfs. I prefer Trolls over Squig herds (Mostly because I own no Squigs :D). So I'm thinking a unit of 6. Another thing I was thinking about was Spider riders instead of Wolf riders, two units of 6 maybe.

Jind_Singh
06-03-2015, 04:03
any joy on the new version of the list?

Gharnukk
06-03-2015, 07:06
I was hoping on some input on my changes :D

Gharnukk
11-03-2015, 10:17
Finally had some time to update the list. I know, I know. It still has a very low model count :D I dont know why but I like it!
It's for friendly comped games and not for hardcore gaming so let me have it! ;) It's a bit softer this one on the comp side.

Gharnukk: Black Orc Warboss. 263 -10
- Basha’s axe
- Armour of destiny
- Shield

Rukk: Savage Orc Great Shaman. 250 -18
- Level 3 (Big Waagh!)
- Talisman of preservation
- Fencers blades

Kar’zok: Orc warboss. 293 -16
- Fleshripper: Wyvern
- Charmed Shield
- Spear