View Full Version : Special Characters and Lore of Undeath

Minigiant
28-02-2015, 10:19
Can i take Skrag the Slaughterer with Lore of Undeath? for example

Ramius4
28-02-2015, 14:01
Can i take Skrag the Slaughterer with Lore of Undeath? for example

Here is the rule. So yes, you can.

"This section describes a new type of spell and presents a brand new Lore of Magic that can be used in your games of Warhammer. Unlike other spells, which can only be used by Wizards who list that spell lore in their special rules, any Wizard can choose to generate spells from the Lore of Undeath."

Minigiant
28-02-2015, 14:03
Thank you

For Ogres more specifically, does that mean i would need Butcher tax if Skrag had Lore of Undeath

Ramius4
28-02-2015, 14:14
For Ogres more specifically, does that mean i would need Butcher tax if Skrag had Lore of Undeath

I don't have the Ogre book in front of me. But if you normally need to have at least one Wizard with Lore of the Great Maw, then yes. You would need one.

Minigiant
28-02-2015, 16:46
Well the exact rule is

"If you field any Butchers and/or Slaughtermasters in your army, at least one of them must choose there spells from the Lore of the Great Maw"

So i guess the arguement comes down to whether Skrag the Slaughterer counts as either a Slaughtermaster or Butcher

Ramius4
28-02-2015, 17:06
So i guess the arguement comes down to whether Skrag the Slaughterer counts as either a Slaughtermaster or Butcher

I just checked the Ogre FAQ and there is no errata saying that he counts as either a Butcher or Slaughtermaster.

Therefore, you are fine taking Lore of Undeath for him.

"If you field any Butchers and/or Slaughtermasters in your army, at least one of them must choose there spells from the Lore of the Great Maw"

It's a silly restriction anyways.

Minigiant
28-02-2015, 17:12
I just checked the Ogre FAQ and there is no errata saying that he counts as either a Butcher or Slaughtermaster.

Therefore, you are fine taking Lore of Undeath for him.

Thank you very much

This changes everything so i better get brainstorming

Fluff wise he will be rising those that died of starvation

Dazqpr
02-03-2015, 18:58
He is a slaughtermaster so you would need to pay the butcher tax. But other than that the lote of undeath is fine. Least thats how i read it and i think enough of your opponents would to cause you problems.

Minigiant
02-03-2015, 20:17
He is a slaughtermaster so you would need to pay the butcher tax.

If you can point me to where it says he is a Slaughtermaster?

He was in the background but is now the Prophet of the Great Maw

The Magic rule on pages 87 and 89 in the book are both only located to and only refer to Slaughtermasters and Butchers. It is not a Lore special rule but a special rule for the two characters in question. Neither are Skrag

It is not in the FAQ which is surprising considering words as written says Skrag cannot be supported by a Butcher with a lore other than LotGM

Do not get me wrong I am willing to be proved wrong but so far there is nothing that says this cannot be done

Minigiant
04-03-2015, 16:25
There is also a great thread here (http://www.ogrestronghold.com/forum/index.php?topic=27499.msg360592#msg360592) outlining why Skrag is not a Slaughtermaster