PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Lore of Undeath Ryze Summoning

SanDiegoSurrealist
02-03-2015, 20:37
This may have been discussed before, but a quick search did not turn anything up.

The signature spell Ryze - the Grave Call - Summon 50pt or 100pt of Infantry units or 150 points of Monstrous Infantry (depending on power level) from the Undead Legions Book.

Infantry means anything classified as "infantry" in the Undead Legions Book, right?

At the medium level could you summon a Necromancer?
If so, he is not 100pt, do you get to kit him with a bunch of gear to get him to 100?
Does he then get spells as well? I would assume it is similar to Chaos Daemons possession roll on the Reign of Chaos chart, when you put down a Tzeentch Herald and roll for spells immediately.

forseer of fates
03-03-2015, 01:06
You can only summon characters with the spell that specifically summons a character, so unless you are Nagash, arkhan or have a lot of grave counters, you get one, level 1 necromancer, with no gear, hardly worth the spell.

furrie
03-03-2015, 07:02
an infantry character is still an infantry unit, so I would say you can

the_picto
03-03-2015, 11:51
Technically, I think you can use the unit type spells to summon characters. So a necromancer using Ryze or Mortarch Manfred using the monster spell. But, I don't think this was intentional otherwise the character spell seems a bit pointless.

Anyway, if the basic unit is less than the total for the spell then you can spend the difference on gear and items.

SanDiegoSurrealist
03-03-2015, 15:34
Okay, thanks guys.

Just wondering if adding a level 1 of Undeath to my Legions of Chaos list would be worth it.
I tried once just raising units of Skeletons and a unit of Vargheist and it was pretty effective.
Had this idea I could raise Necromancer and then, assuming he is not picked off right away standing on the battlefield all by his lonesome, in turn he could raise more units, etc.

Minigiant
03-03-2015, 22:19
Its RAW vs RAI