PDA

View Full Version : Legions of Chaos and Generals LD

SanDiegoSurrealist
09-03-2015, 14:29
Warhammer: Daemons of Chaos: Can only use the Generals LD or BSB is of the same Daemonic alliance (i.e. If General is a Bloodthirster only Khorne stuff gets to use is LD, if BSB is Nurgle only Nurgle gets to us the BSB), right?
Warhammer: Legions of Chaos: General could be a BT and everyone gets to use his LD (Daemons, Beastmen, Warriors, and Skaven apparently being added to that).

Having the General's LD be usable by everyone and a BSB that is functional as well seems like a pretty good reason to run even straight Daemon list as a Legions List.
The trade off, of course, is that all Daemons become unstable and use the new Reign of Chaos.
They lose the chance of making a break test and rolling double 1's and restoring the unit but also lose the roll double 6's and pick the entire unit up.
Also lose the chance of having to test Instability for the entire army on a roll of double 1 on Winds of Magic.

Want to make sure I am interpreting the rules correctly.
What am I missing?
I am sure there is a reason or two why this would not be a good idea?

Maetco
09-03-2015, 17:49
I'm not sure I understand your question but my guess is that you have missed that LoC has the same restriction as DoC "Daemons receive no benefit from the IP or HYG! rules, unless both they and the model with those rules are Daemons of the same allegiance." If not could you try to explain again with different words and maybe even the slowest will catch up :)

SanDiegoSurrealist
09-03-2015, 19:26
I'm not sure I understand your question but my guess is that you have missed that LoC has the same restriction as DoC "Daemons receive no benefit from the IP or HYG! rules, unless both they and the model with those rules are Daemons of the same allegiance." If not could you try to explain again with different words and maybe even the slowest will catch up :)

Ahh my mistake, I did miss that.
Working and do not have book in front of me.
Thank you

Kerrahn
18-03-2015, 15:24
I just thought about something today that might help, Warriors of Chaos Daemon Princes are not restricted to sharing their LD with models without the same 'Daemon of' rule, so could share it with WoC, Beastmen and even Skaven in the new Grand Legion list, but also since they are technically still a 'Daemon of' a specific God, they should still be able to share it with DoC of the same God as well.

forseer of fates
19-03-2015, 01:52
Archaon as general solves problems, but do you really want unstable daemons. No, no you do not.