PDA

View Full Version : 500 Point Empire Army

vandomue
12-03-2015, 15:41
Hello Everyone,

I am starting an Empire army for an escalation league and I am wondering what a good build would be for 500 points. This is what I was thinking of;

Warrior Priest on Barded Warhorse with Heavy Armor, Enchanted shield, and Luckstone

8x Inner Circle Knights with F/C and (Banner that allows you to re-roll your first failed leadership test)

5x Pistoliers

10x Huntsmen

Total: 498

So, the strengths of the list are that it has good maneuverability, can hit pretty hard, the knights with the Warrior priest will not be hopeless if they get stuck in combat, the Huntsmen and the Pistoliers can be really annoying, and, the best thing about the list, it allows me to participate significantly in all three phases of the game.

Disadvantages - The biggest risk I think is that the lore of metal could really cripple my knights.

Any modifications to this list or thoughts of what a better list would look like would be greatly appreciated. Ideas on an Empire army with war machines at 500 points would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Vandomue

Khastarax
16-03-2015, 12:17
Take no magic items in 500p = more bodies

TheCaledorian
16-03-2015, 16:13
Well, the list seems good, but you are right about one thing- a level 1 mage could wreck half your army with the lore of metal's signature, Searing Doom. You don't have anything other than bound spells, which are okay, but not powerful enough to kill your enemy. Make sure you kill any mage that they bring, and avoid units of, White Lions of Chrace, for example. Great weapons will wreck you if they charge and strike first.

Hope this helps a bit, good luck!

tanniith
16-03-2015, 17:03
Well, the list seems good, but you are right about one thing- a level 1 mage could wreck half your army with the lore of metal's signature, Searing Doom.

Not likely. With how spell generation works at 500 points with a level 1 mage he can just 6 dice the dispel. The only way that mage is getting his spell of is with IF -- not really a great plan for your general (likely) and 17-20% of the entire points value of your army.