PDA

View Full Version : Question about Stupidity Tests

Nell2ThaIzzay
30-06-2006, 06:15
If I have a model that needs to take a Stupidity test, can he use the leadership of the general if within 12"?

Here'd be the exact situation:

Necromancer with Crowd of the Damned (+4 Ward Save, Wearer is subject to Stupidity even if immune to Psychology), leadership of 7, but is within 12" of Vampire Count that has a leadership of 9.

Can the Necromancer use the Vampire Count's leadership?

T10
30-06-2006, 09:23
Yes.

-T10

Nell2ThaIzzay
30-06-2006, 09:35
Thank you.

:)

Gorbad Ironclaw
30-06-2006, 10:00
The real question is, why give the necromancer the crown of the damned?

Nell2ThaIzzay
30-06-2006, 11:21
The real question is, why give the necromancer the crown of the damned?

I'm toying with some options.

I'm looking for some ways to help protect my Necros in combat, since I put them with my regiments. So I'm looking for ways to help them not die so easily. A 4+ ward save contributes to that.

However, I'm unsure if I want to risk the stupidity test. Even on a 9+, there's still a chance he can fail, and there's no good time for me to lose out on a Necro during my magic phase.

I just wanna know what all my options are for protecting the Necromancers.

ZomboCom
30-06-2006, 12:15
Crown of the damned is a very bad choice for a necromancer. Necros should be kitted out with items that help their magic casting, not their combat abilities. The best way to protect them is to not let them get into combat. If they do, they're dead no matter how you kit them out. Give 'em the book of arkhan, the staff of damnation, the black periapt or a power familiar, and load up on scrolls where you have the space.

I wouldn't risk the crown of the damned on anything less than a ld10 vampire lord.

Nell2ThaIzzay
30-06-2006, 21:47
Crown of the damned is a very bad choice for a necromancer. Necros should be kitted out with items that help their magic casting, not their combat abilities. The best way to protect them is to not let them get into combat. If they do, they're dead no matter how you kit them out. Give 'em the book of arkhan, the staff of damnation, the black periapt or a power familiar, and load up on scrolls where you have the space.

I wouldn't risk the crown of the damned on anything less than a ld10 vampire lord.

See, normally I do that. But now I'm looking at ways that I can protect my Necros.

Usually, I run them in my regiments of Zombies and Skeletons, and don't have any problems. But the past couple games I've played, I've lost at least Necro, although usually really late in the game so it doesn't really cause any problems. But last night, playing against my friend, I lost 2 Necros by turn 2 because he just targetted them in combat.

I don't like running Necromancers independantly, because that opens them up to too many other risks, like shooting, magic, or some sneaky charges, all of which I have had happen to me.

Normally I run 3 Necros, with a Book of Arkhan, Staff of Damnation, and 3 Dispel Scrolls between them. But after last night, I might like to try to squeeze in some protection for them as well.

ZomboCom
01-07-2006, 00:55
Giving them a ward save just isn't worth the points, especially since it means you miss out on the cool toys.

Keep 'em in a unit until the last minute, then leg it for the woods just before the unit gets charged.

You have to accept that sometimes they will die, there's just not much you can do about it. Kitting them out for protection is just a waste of points, and hurts your magic too much, so pretty much defeats the point of taking them.

Nell2ThaIzzay
01-07-2006, 06:47
Giving them a ward save just isn't worth the points, especially since it means you miss out on the cool toys.

Keep 'em in a unit until the last minute, then leg it for the woods just before the unit gets charged.

You have to accept that sometimes they will die, there's just not much you can do about it. Kitting them out for protection is just a waste of points, and hurts your magic too much, so pretty much defeats the point of taking them.

I've got no problem with the fact that I can't protect them 6 turns a game, every game.

What I do have a problem with, however, is losing 2 Necromancers by the end of turn 2.

Most of the time when I lose my Necromancers, it's towards the end of the game when it doesn't much matter anymore. But this past game, I lost them early, and there wasn't much of anything I could have done about it. I'd like to try to prevent that as much as possible.