PDA

View Full Version : Word Bearer axes?

Nihilus66
15-03-2015, 00:19
Hey all, just been browsing through the horus heresy range on forge world and came to the Word Bearers helmet upgrade kit. They show images of the helmets on some marines just wondering if anyone knew where the axes they are holding come from? I can't see them on any other kit either.

Spiney Norman
15-03-2015, 00:47
I actually emailed them to ask this very question

On 14 December 2014 at 08:27, <> wrote:
Hi Forgeworld,

I noticed, while looking around your site, some really nice looking power axes, they are pictured carried by models made up using the HH words bearers MkIV torso upgrade pack in some of the photos for that product. I'm thinking they would be pretty perfect for Ashen circle with power axes or even assault marines with them, but I can't find the axes anywhere else on your website.

Could you direct me to where I can get them from, or are they something you will release in the future?

Thanks

The reply was

Hi there,

Thanks for the email. These are conversion's from the Word Bearers Ashen Circle models. They aren't somethign we had planned for release at the moment but I am glad you think they are so cool!

Thanks

If there is anything further we can do to assist you, or if you have any queries about the information we have requested or provided, please telephone us.

Regards,
Forge World

If you have a query about your order, please call
0115 900 4995 within the UK
011 44 115 900 4995 from the US and Canada
00 44 115 900 4995 from much of Europe

Our office hours are:
0930 1800 (GMT) Monday to Friday
0930 1700 (GMT) Saturday

Now as far as I know those power axes do not come with the Ashen Circle kit (though I don't actually own it), and instead they have their own brand of chain-axes called 'axe rakes' which ae a similar shape but have the chain blade edge which is absent here. Perhaps the guy got confused by my email or something.

Nihilus66
15-03-2015, 01:07
Ah ok, thanks for that. Yeah looking at the ashen circle axes now in the unpainted shots I can see how u could file them down to achieve that, cheers heaps Spiney Norman!