PDA

View Full Version : The missions topic...show me your own mission

aglim
30-06-2006, 12:06
I like a lot doing strange missions...
I'm getting a little bored of the victory points missions and i enjoy a lot the missions with alternative victory conditions...

Did you ever thought about a cool scenario to do with your friends? (possibly involving tau)
If so post it here and share it with the community...;) :cool:

:cheese:

neko
30-06-2006, 12:37
I was playing around at one point with the idea of a mission in which the Tau have to fly down a heavily defended fjord to reach their target at the other end (inspired by the film 633 Squadron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/633_Squadron)).
In the end I think I decided though that whilst the imagery would be cool, the gameplay probably wouldn't be quite so great. That's assuming that we ever got around to reconstucting a 40k scale fjord in the first place...

Gen.Steiner
30-06-2006, 14:00
Tau special forces (Pathfinders and Stealth teams) hit a Guard resupply convoy (trucks, Trojans, Sentinels, couple of Guard units in Chimeras).

Space Marine strike force teleports in to hit a Tau HQ area - kill the Etheral(s)!

Chaos uprising among the Tau's Human auxiliaries - supported by Alpha Legionnaires. The Tau have to capture the ringleader while the Alpha Legion try to destroy a strategically vital communications node.

Drones go haywire following a nuclear-level strike by a renegade Inquisitor - drones (everything from shield drones to Heavy Gun Drones) versus scattered Tau infantry and the odd battlesuit. Vehicle electronics are down, so no Devilfish or Hammerheads as anything but scenery.

Disrupt the Meeting: Dark Eldar Mandrakes led by Decapitator have to kill the Eldar and Tau officials at the signing of a treaty, and blame it on the Imperium, in order to start a huge war.

Those do you for? :p

norwegianpuma
30-06-2006, 14:57
Chaos uprising among the Tau's Human auxiliaries - supported by Alpha Legionnaires. The Tau have to capture the ringleader while the Alpha Legion try to destroy a strategically vital communications node.

:D Genius! That was a really cool idea! I've got to test it!

Scamshouse
30-06-2006, 16:07
I was playing around at one point with the idea of a mission in which the Tau have to fly down a heavily defended fjord to reach their target at the other end (inspired by the film 633 Squadron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/633_Squadron)).
In the end I think I decided though that whilst the imagery would be cool, the gameplay probably wouldn't be quite so great. That's assuming that we ever got around to reconstucting a 40k scale fjord in the first place...

There was an Ork vs Imperial Guard version of this at UK GD 05, the Orks were flying Fighter Bombers down this valley with a Dam at the end. The IG had loads of Basilisks dug into the sides of the valley.

Very nice it looked too.

Gen.Steiner
30-06-2006, 16:15
The IG had loads of Basilisks dug into the sides of the valley.

Surely Hydra flak tanks? Basilisks are artillery, not anti-aircraft...

Spamus Eatus
30-06-2006, 18:42
Well, my buddy and I recently ran our in-house tourney about a month ago. Here's the missions we cooked up. I should add that they were inspired by Astronomi-con, a super kick-ass tourney that I have frequented. (Blatant plug over)

Now none of these involve story-based missions, but they are quite fun and well balanced. (according to our feedback forms:p ) With a little tweaking, you could turn these into a really fun story-driven game.

glowing in the dark
30-06-2006, 19:31
We replayed once "Battle for Neretva" where one tried to cross the bridge and the other tried to hold it.But the main part was when infantry got in the water they would be dragged for d6 inches,and if you rolled 6 they would freeze to death.FUN!

Frecus
30-06-2006, 19:38
There was an Ork vs Imperial Guard version of this at UK GD 05, the Orks were flying Fighter Bombers down this valley with a Dam at the end. The IG had loads of Basilisks dug into the sides of the valley.

Very nice it looked too.

That's "bommers over da sulphur river". I've seen it played on a convention with toy planes and stuf converted to be orky. It looked awesome.

Frecus
The glade wanderer
Madwarrior

aglim
01-07-2006, 10:25
Spamus Eatus you're great...that's what i was looking for...Thank you :D