PDA

View Full Version : FF7 help needed

MidnightResistance
14-06-2005, 09:23
I've played through FF7 more times than I can remember, but I can never get the right combination to unlock the Big Materia in the rocket with Cid.
Therefore I can never get Bahamut Zero... :(

please help meeeeeeeee

Jedi152
14-06-2005, 11:49
I had this exact problem. When i played it through originally, i got it. (in fact i got everything there is to get in the game :p )

But when a friend and i were replaying it, i couldn't for the life of me get it. And i didn't manage to stop the train either!

If you're desparate, and the code isn't different every time, give Gamefaqs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) a try.

MidnightResistance
14-06-2005, 11:53
Yes, I am desperate. lol

The code is:
Enter Circle, Square, X, X while in the rocket.

Tom - Heretic
14-06-2005, 16:26
Who needs the bahamut trio when you have knights of the round? :D.
It's a crime that KotR doesn't appear in any of the subsequent games...

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 17:48
KotR killed the game for me:

"Oh look, a tough enemy"
Summon > KotR

WHAM....dead.

Chuffy
14-06-2005, 18:28
Not entirely true, emerald weapon could survive knights of the round.

In fact it could survive about 5 KotR....

Man I hate Emerald weapon.

x-esiv-4c
14-06-2005, 18:31
Couldn't you do some kind of Mime nonsense or something? I never beat emerald weapon however.

Chuffy
14-06-2005, 18:42
I have beaten Emerald, however you need the most ridiculous combo of materia ever, like KotR, Revive, Mime...I can't actually remember how to do it.

DisruptorX
14-06-2005, 19:06
You cannot use Knights on Ruby weapon, or he counters with Ultima.

Emerald weapon is not very hard, by comparrison. The simplest combo, by the way, is final attack/ pheonix. You should not need any others.

warlordgrubnatz
14-06-2005, 19:52
i cant kill emerald? even with kotr, and the underwater breathing materia, i had all 3 bahamut summons, loved em :)

Tom - Heretic
14-06-2005, 22:52
KotR+ HP absorb and Final attack+phoenix is your favourite for emerald, coupled with mime x 3. Did I mention having three sets of final attack+ phoenix? Makes you nearly unkillable. W-item (one on each char) and 50 megalixers is also a good combo.
A fair bit of work, but the magic urns in the northern cave let you level up to a crazy level. Still, it's down to luck wether your combo chains can survive, if you get my meaning.

The weapons are still easier than pennance, though. Yikes.

DisruptorX
15-06-2005, 00:51
I beat emerald weapon really easily. All you have to do is level up a bunch and raise all your stats up.

Jedi152
15-06-2005, 08:47
I killed both Weapons with the killer combo: (a bit different to Tom - Heretic's)

KotR - hp absorb, Counter - mime.

Stand on the back row (so emerald can't 'stamp' on you.). Maybe works best if only Cloud is alive.

Cast KotR. Weapon will counter with something that will do 8-9000 odd Hp, but not enough to kill you. Cloud will counter with mime (KotR) and absorb X% (can't remember) of damage done, well over 9999.

Switch over and watch tv for 20 mins (i actually did do this!) and come back later for the victory. I managed to kill both weapons by pressing the X button 3 times each!

MidnightResistance
15-06-2005, 09:13
I didn't bother with the Weapons, or breeding all those bloody chocobos and finding Knights of the Round.

I marched down that crater and popped a cap in Sraph Sephiroth's ass with Barret's SUPER MACHINE GUN SHOOTY LIMIT BREAK -instant kill!
It must have been an assault cannon :D

Chuffy
15-06-2005, 12:12
Yeah KotR isn't neccessary to beat the game, all you need is Cloud with the Ultima Weapon and Omnislash. ;) (which can sometimes do more damage than KotR)

MidnightResistance
15-06-2005, 12:37
I still cant get over Barret gunning down Sephiroth.
He somehow was dealing double damage and fired off more shots than I could clearly count. He just cut ole Sephi in half :D

Chuffy
15-06-2005, 12:44
Barret pitied that foo'.

Yin - Yang
15-06-2005, 14:56
Damn, reading this thread make's me want to go play through FF7 again....well I can't think of a reason not to, so that's my plans for the weekend sorted!

Tom - Heretic
15-06-2005, 15:14
Barret pitied that foo'.

didn't you hear? Barrets mommo din't raise no fool.

Has anyone else tried to max everyones stats? Getting everyone to level 99 is pretty simple, but morphing stat-ups takes forever. I hear that seph becomes a REAL monster when cloud is at level 99... :evilgrin:
Maybe I'll have a pop at him later on and let you know if it's true.

Chuffy
15-06-2005, 15:19
I've never maxed up to level 99, but I have had all my characters on 9999 Hp with 999 MP. Highest level I've ever got is about 81.

Gotta love HP Plus materia.

Tom - Heretic
15-06-2005, 16:23
Can't get 9999HP without it :(.
MP I don't see as so important as using the w-item bug you can have infinate megalixers. You just need enough MP to start your favourite combos off. Let mime, counter, HP absorb and KotR do the rest :).

Jedi152
15-06-2005, 16:35
Has anyone managed to do the lucky 7's thing yet?

x-esiv-4c
15-06-2005, 16:37
Heh, Never managed that 7 thing...Although truth be told haven't really put much time into it.

MidnightResistance
15-06-2005, 16:54
never leave home without it

Jedi152
16-06-2005, 08:52
Damn, reading this thread make's me want to go play through FF7 again....well I can't think of a reason not to, so that's my plans for the weekend sorted!
This is the best idea i've heard all week. Dug out my FF's last night:

6:Only played for about 20 mins. Really should get into it.
7:Playing again soon!
8:Got to disc 3 and got bored.
9:Never been out of the box! (Long story. Basically it belonged to a friend who i don't see any more-therefore my game now! :D )

MidnightResistance
16-06-2005, 09:18
I've nearly completed DISGAEA, afterwards I'm looking to dig out FF7 if things don't work out with this chick...

Tom - Heretic
16-06-2005, 12:52
This is the best idea i've heard all week. Dug out my FF's last night:

6:Only played for about 20 mins. Really should get into it.
7:Playing again soon!
8:Got to disc 3 and got bored.
9:Never been out of the box! (Long story. Basically it belonged to a friend who i don't see any more-therefore my game now! :D )

9 is pretty strange, especially coming after the techno fantasy of 7 and 8. Just be warned....the main character is possibly one of the most unlikeable in any game I've played. :mad:
That includes mario.

Reinnon
16-06-2005, 19:45
9 had a really good beginning, it just gets dull in the later CD's

the vivi sub plot was very well done imo.

best one for pure power, 8 easily.

have squall with full hitpoints counter attack and absorbion from all elements just rules. Squalls limit is second only to Clouds

10 was also good fun, perhaps had the best story but to get the most out of it you have to take ages to build all the special weapons....then the rest of teh game was too easy....and summons just sucked without their limits

all good stuff.

Yin - Yang
16-06-2005, 20:09
Yeah, Zidane is easily the worst main character out of all the FFs I've played. Vivi's great though :D. And I agree with Reinnon, the start of FF9 is great, very enjoyable, but I found it wasn't as good after Disc 3.

Chuffy
16-06-2005, 23:33
Squall or Tidus were the worst main FF characters!

Man squall was such a whiny Emo loser:

"boo-hoo, I have a scar and I hate you blahblahblahblah"

Man that just reminds more of why I hate 8.

DisruptorX
17-06-2005, 05:13
Squall or Tidus were the worst main FF characters!

Man squall was such a whiny Emo loser:

"boo-hoo, I have a scar and I hate you blahblahblahblah"

Man that just reminds more of why I hate 8.

:rolleyes:

Sqaull was hardly "whiny", as he kept to himself. If you did not enjoy the game, please think of a detraction that actually applies.

Chuffy
17-06-2005, 10:08
:rolleyes:

Sqaull was hardly "whiny", as he kept to himself. If you did not enjoy the game, please think of a detraction that actually applies.

Okay:

1) Junctioning system was dire.
2) The characters were lacking in life, imagination and....character.
3) Worst storyline ever. "Oh hey, we actually went to the same orphanage! It must be those GF's fault!"
4) Squall.
5) The whole design of the game, you just didn't get a sense of the world of FF8, the whole conflict with Galbadia and stuff just didn't seem worth knowing about. Unlike in FF7 where you the world after the Wutai-Midgar war and Shinra ruling all, plus FF9 with the three kingdoms going at it. You got a really good sense of conflict going on, unlike 8.

Reinnon
17-06-2005, 15:21
i liked the junctioning system actually, gave alot more cutomisation to the game.

the orpanage thing i admit didn't need to be in the game, but i thought it was very good.

tidus was a good character in my book, his story was different from the others.

DisruptorX
17-06-2005, 17:31
I actually rather liked Squall, he wasn't an ******* questioning his identity (and sexuality) like Cloud was.

The junctioning system was great, personally.

The plot was awful, but whatever.

Yin - Yang
18-06-2005, 00:45
On no, don't get me wrong, i prefer FF9 over FF8 anyday. But I fail to see what's wrong with Squall...just like DisruptorX, I liked him. But I must admit, plot was awful and I really hated Junctioning. Overall, i prefered the Materia from FF7 system most.

MidnightResistance
18-06-2005, 10:50
The materia was such a good system. I wasn't happy that they tried to improve on it and came short.
Materia was simple and it worked well. The others systems weren't quite so simple and left me frustrated and thinking that I'd have crap equipment and just level up my characters more instead.

Jedi152
21-06-2005, 10:46
The materia was such a good system. I wasn't happy that they tried to improve on it and came short.
Materia was simple and it worked well. The others systems weren't quite so simple and left me frustrated and thinking that I'd have crap equipment and just level up my characters more instead.
Agreed. And i got p***ed off with having to make my own weapons in FF8. It just came down to playing that annoying card game for hours to win cards, then synthesize them into items, then make weapons.....

Tom - Heretic
21-06-2005, 16:17
All FF's do that to a certain extent. You always have to get rare items to make better weapons (seven aside). It can get tedious in all of them

I didn't find squall so annoying, nor Tidus (after the first half hour). None of them are Cloud though ;).

Cloudscape_online
21-06-2005, 16:27
Materia was good and simple. The linked slots made sense too. Fire materia + Elemental materia makes your armour fire resistant or weapon cause fire damage. Liked cloud, Squall...hmmm, Tidus (need a big gun to answer that one.)

Buying and finding weapons and armour was the simplest way of getting new equipment

MidnightResistance
21-06-2005, 19:57
Much better than FF8 where you impersonate McGuyver, pick up a monster spleen, a spanner and an elastic band and make a Gunblade -:wtf:

x-esiv-4c
21-06-2005, 20:10
Much better than FF8 where you impersonate McGuyver, pick up a monster spleen, a spanner and an elastic band and make a Gunblade -:wtf:

Hehehe, my thoughts exactly. That entire system was flawed. I remember running around the forests to kill a particular creature to get a special bolt or something.....what the hell. :confused:

Chuffy
21-06-2005, 21:49
And SEED levels, the only way to gain money...

I like scavenging money off of a giant caterpillar! Why couldn't I in 8!?

TenTailedCat
21-06-2005, 23:24
Because FFVIII was made by a different Directir than FFVII - and get this, he didn't like the ATB system and admitted in an interview that he "Doesn't really play many RPGs" ...still, many people cite FFVIII as the best in the series.
It's FFVII for me, the series has gone downhill big time in recent years.

Bloodthirster90
25-06-2005, 09:41
erm, are we not supposed to be helping someone out with FF7? Oh well...

I personally liked FF9 but i got to Ispens Castle wishing i had kept all the characters first weapons and got so screwed that i couldn't be bothered to go on. I sold it. if anyone knows what happened at the end, please tell me. i desperatly wanted to finish it, but i couldbn't be arsed.

Tom - Heretic
25-06-2005, 09:45
Viviv becomes "a real boy" after meeting a lot of other puppets and thinking he's going to die very shortly (all the others did). Turns out he was "special" or something...

Zidane is a clone from another world, where you go to. The big boss (can't remember his name...looked like a girl, silver hair) is another of these clones. You kill him and escape.

All the others get happy endings. Zidane and dagger hook up (shock).

Reinnon
25-06-2005, 11:37
Viviv becomes "a real boy" after meeting a lot of other puppets and thinking he's going to die very shortly (all the others did). Turns out he was "special" or something...

Zidane is a clone from another world, where you go to. The big boss (can't remember his name...looked like a girl, silver hair) is another of these clones. You kill him and escape.

All the others get happy endings. Zidane and dagger hook up (shock).

erm...isn't that a massive spoiler for those who haven't played the game?

i think PMing him would have been better

TenTailedCat
25-06-2005, 11:40
What was the FFVII question? My god-like prowess at this game can answer ANY question you care to ask.

Chuffy
25-06-2005, 11:42
erm, are we not supposed to be helping someone out with FF7? Oh well...

I personally liked FF9 but i got to Ispens Castle wishing i had kept all the characters first weapons and got so screwed that i couldn't be bothered to go on. I sold it. if anyone knows what happened at the end, please tell me. i desperatly wanted to finish it, but i couldbn't be arsed.

!?!

You are aware that you could have bought low level weapons from a Moogle in the second room.

Besides I had kept all of my old weapons, one because I knew about Ipsens Castle before I went there and two I had so much gil from levelling up anyway I didn't need to sell anything.

Bloodthirster90
25-06-2005, 11:47
!?!

You are aware that you could have bought low level weapons from a Moogle in the second room.

Besides I had kept all of my old weapons, one because I knew about Ipsens Castle before I went there and two I had so much gil from levelling up anyway I didn't need to sell anything.

I was getting bored of it anyway. i had ff7 to be getting on with anyway :rolleyes: