PDA

View Full Version : LoC fun experiments

NpSkully
18-03-2015, 22:08
I've been puttering around with a couple different LoC army lists since the Glottkin came out. Come up with a couple things but nothing I'm super happy with, except one. Thinking about running a chaos ogre meatbus replacing the tyrant and bruiser bsb with a doombull and gore bull bsb. Marks vary, might do nurgle and run Spume as warlord so I can have LD 10. Wondering if any of you guys have come up with anything else unusual and fun that you like. I wanna branch out a bit so I'm just seeing what's going around.

logan054
18-03-2015, 22:45
I like the ogre idea, it's much more interesting than the usual trolls with gorebull cheese.

Atm I'm playing with different idea as for a khorne legion using bloodletters (I just want to play some).

A list using the new bloodthirster is also very appealing.

Fazhak
20-03-2015, 05:18
Consider running the a large block of Chaos Ogres with the Mark of Tzeentch and great weapons. Add a Gorebull BSB w/ the Mark of Tzeentch and the Armor of Destiny. Add a Doombull with the Mark of Tzeentch, the Warrior Bane, the Pelt of the Shadowgave, the Talisman of Preservation, and the Ironcurse Icon. Between the Pelt and the Icon, your Ogres should be able to get into close combat, as spells, shooting, and war machines all will have a difficult time hitting them. Once in combat, the two minotaur characters each have 3+ ward saves, so few attacks will likely wound them, while fewer still will be able to target the unit itself. The unit's return strike via great weapons will likely be sufficient to kill any opposition, especially after considering Impact Hits and Stomps.

Enjoy and let us know how it works out for you! :)

NpSkully
20-03-2015, 12:51
Cool thnx. Was debating the tzeentch idea but I hadn't quite figured out a way to get the best ward synergy. That one sounds really good though. Also concerning Khorne, I was debating running them with a beast banner, MoK, and putting Scyla Anfinngrim in the unit to make them unbreakable since minotuars and ogres don't have great leadership.