PDA

View Full Version : How would you kit out a Blood Tide of Khorne box WHFB?

Brother Haephestus
21-03-2015, 22:48
Hey gang, the title says it all! How would you kit out a Blood Tide of Khorne box for WHFB? There is one caveat, I added a second box of Khorne 'Thirsters to the unit to make it pre-End Times legal.

Please understand that "I wouldn't take X Unit, I would take Y Unit", etc. arguments are immaterial. I'm only interested in how you would kit this box. Also, there's not a lot to work with so your options are going to be limited. I shouldn't be, but I am a Full Command kind of guy. However, not taking full commands could plus up the 'thirsters or something.

1x Daemon Prince
20x BloodLETTERS (because I'm an idiot)(double idiot)
3x Bloodcrushers
1x Skullcannon

Here's what I came up with (the points lent itself well to a 1000 pt force).

Daemon Prince of Khorne, Chaos Armor, Wings, 2x Lesser Gifts (Just about any of them are good, but my main "must-keep" is Dark Blessing).

15x BloodLETTERS with Full Command, Standard of Discipline (still an idiot)

3x Bloodcrushers, Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

Skull Cannon

My thoughts were that the DP and the 'Crushers should be moving fast enough to remain roughly within Inspiring Presence of each other. A little extra movement on the 'Crushers makes that "reach out and touch" a little sweeter. I want to charge/supporting charge with these two units. The 'LETTERS (3rd time is a charm) will haul butt to pull intercept duties or support other charges, and with the risk of them falling out of IP range decided to "umph" their leadership a tad.

Nubl0
21-03-2015, 23:04
Bloodtide doesn't come with any thirsters, but it is excellent value. That said post end times 40 thirsters lists might be a thing.

Brother Haephestus
22-03-2015, 01:30
Bloodtide doesn't come with any thirsters, but it is excellent value. That said post end times 40 thirsters lists might be a thing.

Sorry - it's a "dyslexia" sort of thing - BloodLETTERS ... derka derka.

(I don't have dyslexia. I am one of those "thingamabob/whatchamacallit/dodad ... you know what I mean!" types ...)

Skywave
22-03-2015, 04:18
So the bundle come with 10 Bloodletters, and you want another box to get 40 of them? :P Assuming that's another error/typo, then you'll have 20 to play with.

For the list, unless you value flying on the Prince that much, you could drop it in favor of fielding all 20 on the Bloodletters instead (sans magical banner). If you play 1k game with that, I'm not sure flying will be that valuable here, and I would at least try both option. I don't know if the Prince kit have an option to not use the wings, but if it does you could try to magnetize it to switch between the two mode.

And with a non-flying Prince that might hang around the unit more, I'd drop the magical banner too. If you are up for dropping a command model somewhere (you can still have it modeled but not in the army list, can be but in the back rank to not confuse anyone), I'd take the Banner of Swiftness on the Bloodletters.

Brother Haephestus
23-03-2015, 02:18
Sorry. Chalk it up to pre-coffee.

I did 40 because I plan on ultimately having two boxes' worth of goodies and I have the 40 swimming in my head from two kits and 2 'Letter boxes.

Good advice. I'll tinker. But I must be honest, a Prince in the back 40 rampaging ... I may want that flight to be default.