PDA

View Full Version : Flaming breath weapon on a daemon prince

Portz
23-03-2015, 18:48
Hi played a guys last week I used a breath weapon on his white lion units as I did not think this was a magical attack but he said it is who is right and who is wrong thanks guys

SimaoSegunda
23-03-2015, 21:02
Normally, you would be right, as the Flaming Breath power is not a magical attack, HOWEVER, a daemon prince has the 'Daemonic attacks' special rule which states that any attacks made by a model with that rule, including ranged and special attacks, is magical.

Short answer, he was right, it's a magical attack.

forseer of fates
23-03-2015, 21:03
A doc dp has a rule to say all of his attacks even special ones and stomps are magical, a woc dp has no such rule, so unless the breath weapon says magical then it is not. im pretty sure it is not.

SimaoSegunda
23-03-2015, 21:08
Actually, Forseer of Fates, the WoC daemon prince DOES have that rule. P.30 for the DP bestiary entry, P.24 for an explanation of the rule.

Choombatta
23-03-2015, 21:33
Well, the Rulebook FAQ does state:
Q: Do Breath Weapon hits benefit from any other special rules,
equipment or magic items of the model that inflicts the hits? (p67)
A:No

Magical Attacks is a Special Rule, correct?

SimaoSegunda
23-03-2015, 21:41
Army book trumps rulebook, and the WoC book specifically states that all attacks, including ranged, special and stomp attacks count as magical from a DP.

forseer of fates
23-03-2015, 22:02
That would be correct, if it says inc stomps and such, I thought the woc daemon prince only had the demonic attacks rule, which I think only makes its attacks magical, I don't have my book to hand.

SimaoSegunda
23-03-2015, 22:22
Well, when you've got your book, page 24 is what you need. Under the 'Army Special Rules' section, 'Daemonic Attacks': "Attacks made by a model with this special rule are magical. This includes any special, ranged, or Stomp attacks they make". Page 30 shows that the DP has the 'Daemonic Attacks' special rule.

forseer of fates
23-03-2015, 22:25
Yeah I checked, it is indeed all attacks including stomps and special attacks, case closed then chaps :)

Portz
24-03-2015, 07:29
Thanks guys