PDA

View Full Version : high elf lord use 2 hand weapons

TYRANTKING
24-03-2015, 20:18
Can a high elf lord use 2 hand weapons. Can't find anything on this

Knifeparty
24-03-2015, 20:33
He has the ability to purchase an additional hand weapon right there in the basic equipment list for 3 points. Alternatively you can buy the Fencer's Blades magic weapons that would give him an additional attack because they are paired. Remember though you do not benefit from additional hand weapons when riding a mount.

swordofglass
24-03-2015, 23:42
He has the ability to purchase an additional hand weapon right there in the basic equipment list for 3 points. Alternatively you can buy the Fencer's Blades magic weapons that would give him an additional attack because they are paired. Remember though you do not benefit from additional hand weapons when riding a mount.

Also it's worth noting that if you're mounted, you don't get an extra attack from having an additional hand weapon (unless you're a Savage Orc), but you DO get an additional attack from having a paired weapon.

Lord Dan
26-03-2015, 15:25
Also it's worth noting that if you're mounted, you don't get an extra attack from having an additional hand weapon (unless you're a Savage Orc), but you DO get an additional attack from having a paired weapon.

Oh, not this again...

Mr_Rose
26-03-2015, 17:45
Oh, not this again...
What's wrong with that statement?

Lord Dan
26-03-2015, 17:59
There's nothing wrong with that statement.

There's something wrong with the fact that there's nothing wrong with that statement.

Mr_Rose
26-03-2015, 18:20
Eh, magic. Swords don't normally burst into flames and the ones that do should by all rights be more dangerous to the weilder than the target, nor do hammers possess the appropriate aerodynamic properties to return to ones hand when thrown; yet being crafted to work in conjunction causing them to be marginally more flexible than their mundane, unconnected counterparts is where you draw your line in the sand?

theunwantedbeing
26-03-2015, 18:56
There's something wrong with the fact that there's nothing wrong with that statement.

Welcome to 8th edition!
Congrats on finding your way out of that hole you were stuck under for the past however many years 8th edition has been out....no there aren't any up to date FAQs.

TYRANTKING
26-03-2015, 20:15
Sweet. Thanks guys. so my custom high elf mounted lord can in fact wield 2 swords but doesent benefit from the extra attack till his mount dies. Unless he is u seing the fencers blades. Ty guys

Lord Dan
26-03-2015, 20:59
yet being crafted to work in conjunction causing them to be marginally more flexible than their mundane, unconnected counterparts is where you draw your line in the sand?
Oh, stop. You know fully well that my problem isn't with the believability of it, it's with the fact that there is, in this ruleset, an apparently unintentional differentiation between an "additional weapon" granting +1 attack and a "paired weapon" granting +1 attack.

Ludaman
27-03-2015, 18:10
Oh, stop. You know fully well that my problem isn't with the believability of it, it's with the fact that there is, in this ruleset, an apparently unintentional differentiation between an "additional weapon" granting +1 attack and a "paired weapon" granting +1 attack.

The real question is this: why is there a rule preventing you from gaining an extra attack from an additional hand weapon while mounted in the first place?

If it's okay that my dude on a horse steers with his knees while swinging a hammer twice the size of his body, why in the name of pete's magical dragon can't he swing two-swords from horseback instead. Hell, I'd say the fact that just about every army gets horseback archers, considering that firing arrows effectively from horseback is one of the toughest skills to master, is a damn sight crazier than my personal hero being able to fight with two swords!

But that's GW rules for ya. Nonsense

Lord Dan
27-03-2015, 19:01
Agreed, Luda.