PDA

View Full Version : Evilbeetle's Ongoing Painting Project

evilbeetles
01-07-2006, 03:09
Hello Everyone,

Today I was looking at all the kits that I have that still need to be put together and painted into fuctioning armies. In the past I would start a project log but rarely did I finish or if I did I would forget to post pics and so forth. So what I am going to do is to create an ongoing painting project thread. This thread will see all kinds of models posted as I get through my pile. I will try hard to to stay on one army before moving on to the next...

As it stands I currently have a Black Templar army, Bretonian, and Orc & Gobbo army to get through. First on the list is my Black Templars. I need to get them going sonn so they are my focus. So, here is my first crusader squad with another on the way shortly!

All comments and encouragements to keep going are welcome!:cool:

Mantan
01-07-2006, 03:15
the pictures could certainly be better. Looking pretty good everall though.

Dance of Winter
01-07-2006, 09:41
Those fellows look really nice. IMHO you could try gloss varnish spray on some of your templars. I sprayed all my black armoured marines with gloss varnish, and it made them look so good. And like you, I just painted one grey high light layer. It is worth to try!

I'm waiting to see more!

/Dance of Winter

Ps. This was my first post!

Arcane_Blade
01-07-2006, 11:44
Nice! They are really well painted. :) As mentioned before, you could improve on the photography though. I'm no expert, but if your camera has a macro setting (Flower), then use it. Plus use a tripod or some other support while taking the pictures. Otherwise, well done. I have a lot of things unpainted etc., that I really need to get done.:( Perhaps this thread will be an inspiration. So keep up the good work, and get those armies finished! ;)
Dan:evilgrin:

evilbeetles
04-07-2006, 03:34
Hello again,

I thank all for the comments and I shall work on the camera thing. To my mistake I hurried the photos and that is where som of the nasty photos rose from. Attached are some quick pics of my next Crusader Squad with my Marshal as well. Some of the pics are in B&W because I thought it looked cool. As I get these guys done I promise better pics for when they are completed :) .

Zakhero
17-07-2006, 16:10
From what i can tell u used a few fantasy bits and they really made those guys nice. You captured that midevil knight aspect that the chapter is known for. good work. Cant wait to see these guys painted.