PDA

View Full Version : Vostroyan Rough Riders!

Sir_Lunchalot
01-07-2006, 05:08
Yes I know this is 40k General. No, this isn't a rumor. In Canadian WD #2, which I recieved in the mail today, there's an article showing off a shiny new Vostroyan army. At first I thought it was a gamer's showcase, but the lack of a name, and quality of painting suggests that it's actually part of the studio army. Anyways, among lots of basing, and converting tank commanders, there are two pages on how to make Atillan rough riders into Vostroyan rough riders. the mandatory bit comes in two (2) steps: 1) remove silly Atillan hat. 2) add silly Vostroyan hat. As the owner of a shiny new Vostroyan army who is currently waiting for mongolian support to get to my local GW store, I was ecstatic at this news. I have a couple rough riders lying around that I've been meaning to do something with, so I tried it out on one. Wow, it was EASY. I'm really happy, and yeah, that's that. Has anybody else tried this?

P.S. On a mildly unrelated note it Turns out the Trolls are smarter than we give them credit for. I suspect the delay in shippig my rough riders happened to make sure I read that article, so I don't go ahead and paint them and then bam, read the article and think aw crappit, why'd I go and do that? Aren't those trolls geniuses? The moral of the story: don't hide under bridges. Trolls will eat you.:chrome:

Zzarchov
01-07-2006, 05:17
I wonder if you could convert Vostroyan infantry to attilla infantry as easy..

Sir_Lunchalot
01-07-2006, 05:19
Y'know, you probably could. jsut snip off the top of the Vostroyan hat, file it down, and sculpt on the Atillan fur donut.

Beebop
01-07-2006, 05:29
Sounds cool, can we see some pictures?

Psycho_Laughs
01-07-2006, 05:58
that army was on the UK website a couple weeks ago.

ss_cherubael
01-07-2006, 15:55
It belongs to Bryan Cook from the Australian HQ, its a freaking awesome army, but they are conversions not models, and if you think that is good painting you should see his other armies. He can also paint faster than most people i know while still achieving the same high standard!!!!!!

Acolyte
01-07-2006, 20:22
the Atillan fur donut.

That just sounds wrong.

Xavier
01-07-2006, 22:26
http://uk.games-workshop.com/imperialguard/vostroyan-regimental-assets/1/

Sir_Lunchalot
01-07-2006, 23:53
update:

I went to my locak GW today to see about getting the other 8 rough riders I need. It turns out there are none left in Canada. and there won't ever be. the blisters are being discontinued so I get to do a giant bitz order. oh the irony.:chrome:

Psycho_Laughs
02-07-2006, 08:32
what part of canada you talking about?
the GW store in richmond center in BC still carries them, as well as the Comic Shop in vancouver BC.

Sir_Lunchalot
02-07-2006, 19:20
I'm in Calgary, Alberta. neither of the GW stores has any left, and out of the two rogue traders here, one has only one left, the other wasn't open yesterday.. which reminds me to give them a call.