PDA

View Full Version : Store Rebranding

SamTheSane
01-04-2015, 17:08
I noticed a new GW store opening on Tottenham Court Road in London on my way the the Gym yesterday. I also noticed that the store is called 'Warhammer' rather than 'Games Workshop'. Could they be dropping the Games Workshop branding going forward?

3eland
01-04-2015, 17:11
This is OLD news

Here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?400951-GW-stores-being-rebranded&highlight=warhammer+store+rebranding

and here: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?404938-GW-Re-brand&highlight=warhammer+store+rebranding

SamTheSane
01-04-2015, 17:16
AH apologies, didn't see those threads.

BramGaunt
01-04-2015, 20:48
Isn't Tottenham Court road a somewhat 'elevated' adress in London?

Haravikk
01-04-2015, 21:35
Not sure what to feel on this one; every step away from old Games Workshop is IMO a bad thing, as it was the company that made the hobby its priority.

Seriqolm
01-04-2015, 21:39
Isn't Tottenham Court road a somewhat 'elevated' adress in London?

Its in the centre of London if that's what you mean by elevated, its about 500 metres from the now old Oxford Street store.

Sedekiel
01-04-2015, 22:42
The barrista of the Bottega will have a nerdgasm every weekend...

BramGaunt
01-04-2015, 22:44
Its in the centre of London if that's what you mean by elevated, its about 500 metres from the now old Oxford Street store.

I meant a more exclusive adress, but I think I mixed this up.

mweaver
01-04-2015, 23:34
I hadn't spotted those threads either Sam, so it was news to me!

I should probably check the General threads more often.

hagen88
02-04-2015, 07:47
I actually visited "old" gw store in Oxford Street just a couple of days ago and the manager invited me to the BIG event of Tottenham Court Road inauguration sometime around next week or the week after it (sorry, can't remember exactly, he gave me a flyer but I threw it away) and told me this new store would be the new "flagship" store... I'm not english so I don't exactly know what that means, he said it would be a big store hosting many events, painting competitions etc... Isn't the flagship store the most important one in the country? And shouldn't it be in Nottingham then? Of course, Tottenham Court Road it's practically the bellybutton of the western civilization (I mean it's on the very centre of London City and literary thousands of people of every foreign nation visit it every day) and a central store here would certainly have more visibility than one in Nottingham, I believe...

Edit: found a link to the facebook page of the new store: https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTottenhamCourtRoad
It does look like the store will just show the Warhammer brand and not the usual gw one... Interesting times ahead for sure, but I can't for the love of Sigmar understand what it could mean!

Seriqolm
02-04-2015, 12:59
I meant a more exclusive adress, but I think I mixed this up.

Its definitely moving to a more prominent place as there is a large regeneration project going on at that end of Oxford Street with the new crossrail (Tube/train line) station being built at Tottenham Court Rd.

Chiron
03-04-2015, 13:02
One of the problems with the old Oxford Street store was it was in the Plaza shopping centre, so late night openings depended on that being open late (which it wasn't)

SanDiegoSurrealist
03-04-2015, 13:13
Played WHFB for the first time and bought my first box of Lizardmen at that Oxford Street store in 2003. Sad to see it go.

logan054
03-04-2015, 13:17
I actually visited "old" gw store in Oxford Street just a couple of days ago and the manager invited me to the BIG event of Tottenham Court Road inauguration sometime around next week or the week after it (sorry, can't remember exactly, he gave me a flyer but I threw it away) and told me this new store would be the new "flagship" store... I'm not english so I don't exactly know what that means, he said it would be a big store hosting many events, painting competitions etc... Isn't the flagship store the most important one in the country? And shouldn't it be in Nottingham then? Of course, Tottenham Court Road it's practically the bellybutton of the western civilization (I mean it's on the very centre of London City and literary thousands of people of every foreign nation visit it every day) and a central store here would certainly have more visibility than one in Nottingham, I believe..

Not sure that Nottingham has ever been the flagship store. I thought it had always been just the head-office with a tiny store, pub and mass tables slapped on the side for good measure. Nottingham certainly isn't the best location for a flagship store.

sorberec
03-04-2015, 16:30
Not sure that Nottingham has ever been the flagship store. I thought it had always been just the head-office with a tiny store, pub and mass tables slapped on the side for good measure. Nottingham certainly isn't the best location for a flagship store.

Well the Nottingham store (the one in Nottingham city centre) is just like most other GW stores. At Warhammer World (a few minutes walk out from the city centre proper) you have a store about the same size as most GWs I've been in (bearing in mind there's more stuff for sale because there's no gaming tables in the store area), although with the added novelty of forgeworld stuff for sale, plus the miniature gallery, Bugman's and the gaming hall. To be a flagship store I'd expect a larger store carrying all of the product line in a prominent highstreet/high footfall spot.

littleRaven
04-04-2015, 18:54
Wouldn't make much sense closing the plaza one as they just moved from upstairs to downstairs. & it's still in the main high street of London after all plus being inside plaza has advantage its a welcome haven from all the madness of shoppers. At least it's set back from the front street;). Bit more peaceful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk