PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Vampire Counts vs Dark Elves

HammerSim
12-04-2015, 23:22
Hi guys, here is another match I had recently.
Let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKlchOu5gPg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKlchOu5gPg)

This is my list.

1 Vampire Lord, 496 pts (General; Level 3 Wizard)
1 Sword of Strife
1 Enchanted Shield
1 Talisman of Preservation
1 Red Fury
1 Quickblood
1 Hellsteed

1 Vampire, 266 pts (Level 2 Wizard)
1 Nightshroud
1 Luckstone
1 Ironcurse Icon
1 Aura of Dark Majesty
1 Beguile
1 Hellsteed

1 Wight King, 165 pts (Battle Standard Bearer; Great Weapon)
1 Obsidian Amulet (Magic Resistance (2))
1 Skeletal Steed

12 Black Knights, 418 pts (Musician; Standard Bearer; Barding)
1 Hell Knight
1 Banner of the Barrows

1 Necromancer, 65 pts (Level 1 Wizard)
35 Zombies, 115 pts (Musician; Standard Bearer)
35 Zombies, 110 pts (Standard Bearer)
35 Zombies, 115 pts (Musician; Standard Bearer)

10 Dire Wolves, 80 pts
10 Dire Wolves, 80 pts

1 Spirit Host, 45 pts
1 Spirit Host, 45 pts

Composition Report:
Points of Lords: 496 (0 - 500)
Points of Heroes: 496 (0 - 500)
Points of Core: 500 (500 - Unlimited)
Points of Special: 508 (0 - 1000)
Points of Rare: 0 (0 - 500)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

forseer of fates
13-04-2015, 08:12
Lords and heroes are atm 0-1000 in a 2k game. I would have made the vampire l4.

Kayosiv
13-04-2015, 21:37
The dark elf player seemed new to the game.3 times he charged in with no benefit to himself. 3 times he died uselessly and dealt no meaningful damage. There's a reason for the witch elf charge. He wanted his assassin to do work. But when that failed, he needed to learn his lesson but isntead kept smashing into the vampire wall and dying.

Deployment wise He really just needed to space his bolt throwers apart.

If he hadn't been givng you free points with his units and instead focused 3 rounds of shooting from triple bolt throwers and the two dark shard units at you, I'm not sure you could have kept the knight unit up enough to prevent damage from begining to land on the vampires inside. As it was, he practically beat himself as you just moved forward and collected the victory points he gifted to you.

Also note that witch elves are fenzied and thus cannot flee. And I think black guard are immune to psychology and may not be able to flee either. Either way, your proposed strategy of him fleeing wouldn't have worked in at least 1 scenario, but you were right that charging in was the wrong move.

Sad to see his new hydra lose to zombies and then be chopped apart. I personally love them as a monster.

HammerSim
13-04-2015, 23:31
Hi and thanks for the feedback.

forseer, we are playing pre-end times rules so 25% lord choice, otherwise I definitely would have gone for level 4.

Kayosiv, yes you are correrct that my friend is relatively new to Warhammer. He has had maybe 8 games prior to this and still very limited in terms of rules and strategy understanding.
I was trying to coach him during the game but really by turn 2 he was on the back foot, thanks to his Witch Elves.
But Frenzied units and units with Immune to Psychology still flee, they are just immune to my fear. I didn't see any thing under frenzy that said they are unbreakable. So he still needed to roll double 1s to not run.

"the unit automatically passes all Panic, Fear and Terror tests it has to take. It should be noted that they have to take Break tests (and other Leadership tests) normally — being stoic does not necessarily make a warrior entirely heedless of mortal danger." from the BRB p71

Kayosiv
14-04-2015, 01:03
You misunderstand. They are able to "flee from combat," but they cannot "choose flee as a charge reaction," as you suggested him to do in the end game wrap up strategy discussion. The reason for this is that I think that they are immune to psychology and thus cannot flee, but I really don't remember. I've just been playing it that way for a very long time and knew the reason long ago but it faded away when we didn't need to know the reason, just the rule. Wish I had a rulebook on me to give you a page number.

HammerSim
17-04-2015, 23:47
You misunderstand. They are able to "flee from combat," but they cannot "choose flee as a charge reaction," as you suggested him to do in the end game wrap up strategy discussion. The reason for this is that I think that they are immune to psychology and thus cannot flee, but I really don't remember. I've just been playing it that way for a very long time and knew the reason long ago but it faded away when we didn't need to know the reason, just the rule. Wish I had a rulebook on me to give you a page number.

Oh you mean flee as a charge response. Yeah I think you are right. BRB Pg 71 "If the majority of the models in a unit have the Immune to Psychology rule, the unit cannot choose Flee! as a charge reaction. Pride, or a sluggish acceptance of the situation, prevents them from doing so."

forseer of fates
18-04-2015, 12:42
Its in the errata for the main rulebook its not a end times thing :P