PDA

View Full Version : Ever decreasing page count

Cherrystone
01-07-2006, 20:07
Im feeling negative about the rumoured rule changes for 7th edition but also with 40 less pages what do you think has been left out?
Seige rules maybe.

WillFightForFood
01-07-2006, 22:13
Decreased page count isn't a problem if the rules are more concise and clear. It wouldn't matter if the rules were on a single page if they were clear and addressed the relevant game issues adequately. Although at a single page people might not want to pay $50 for it.

FlameKnight
02-07-2006, 04:54
I wouldn't be surprised if the siege rules were omitted. They didn't work especially well in 6th, and I can't see jagex doing anything big to revamp it in time for the new BRB. Skirmish might stay though, it just seems more necessary to have than siege.

Viskrit
02-07-2006, 11:37
I'd like to see a new Rulebook for Skirmish. Sort of like Cities of Death for 40k. :)

Skirmishing battles are always fun. I know there's Mordheim, but it'd be nice with more universal rules, not just for the City of the Damned.

Icarus
02-07-2006, 13:44
It's probably just a more concise version of rules. I must say as someone who came from 40k to Fantasy I found the rulebook ridiculously wordy. They could have said the same thing in a third of the time.

And yes, very possibly things that are currently in the Appendix section like Skirmish will get their own add-on book. GW seems very keen on this idea of modular rulebooks, which I actually think is a pretty good thing.

Rork
02-07-2006, 14:07
If fewer pages = fewer vague rules = fewer arguments then I'm all for it.

alextroy
02-07-2006, 16:54
Given that the appendix is 50 pages long and contains reprinted rules, speical rules, and rules commentary, I am not worried.

Viskrit
02-07-2006, 22:17
And yes, very possibly things that are currently in the Appendix section like Skirmish will get their own add-on book. GW seems very keen on this idea of modular rulebooks, which I actually think is a pretty good thing.
Good to hear.

As for the rules being shortened, whether it is a good thing, or a bad thing, can't be said before we have the actual book in our hands. :)

Commissar von Toussaint
04-07-2006, 18:38
GW is notorious for dragging out their rules writing. Most GW rule books could be condensed to 20 pages or less of text - with examples. Indeed, the last go-round, they had to erratta the bad diagrams and throw out the "clarifying" examples!