PDA

View Full Version : Cities of Death, terrain templates, what a step in the right direction!

shakespear
01-07-2006, 20:45
I was ECSTATIC when I saw that any terrain built had to fall into certain guidlines.

One of the only bad things about GW games is terrain choice. There are no clear rules.

I likes how in MWDA you had X amount of pieces per game and they had to fit specific guidlines.

I never liked how GW just left it up to the players. One tourny I played in had a styerfoam "wall" 3 feet long and 1 foot high.

I am hoping to see some templates in 40K's future.

Rork
01-07-2006, 21:18
Meh. Just agree with your opponent beforehand what is what.

It's not that difficult, and since people buy scenery from various companies to play GW games, it's tricky to standardise.

shakespear
01-07-2006, 21:25
Meh. Just agree with your opponent beforehand what is what.

It's not that difficult, and since people buy scenery from various companies to play GW games, it's tricky to standardise.

Yea but he has his "ultra assualty army of death" (TM) and I am fielding my "ultra shooty army of death" (TM)

So you have a "terrain conflict" I want little or none he wants a forrest. CLEAR rules could sort that out.

The Purple Ninja
01-07-2006, 21:52
The part where it states in the rules "No less than 25%" of the table covered in terrain seems pretty simple enough to me. Cram a quarter of the table with terrain from the collection, and then spread it out evenly acros the table.

Nice and easy balance.