PDA

View Full Version : My WraithKnight conversions are no longer appropriate. What to use them as?

Galef
19-04-2015, 00:23
So just a few months ago I converted the following 2 WraithLORDs on Vyper jetbikes to represent my Saim-Hann WraithKnights

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F0rFvmIf8dc/VJBXEbplODI/AAAAAAAABCg/5O-NVQ-_k98/s1600/WraithKnights.jpg

With the added bulk of the Vyper, the "laser sight" above the single cannon and the sword, there was no issue with them representing WraithKnights.

However, with the changes to the WraithKnight rules (and the fact that I am not going to be "that guy" that fields 2 WKs), I don't think they fit very well anymore. This makes me very sad because I LOOOOVE these conversions; they are my favorite conversions ever.

So, does anyone have any ideas what I could use them as? I was thinking since the heavy Tanks are now 1-3 in a squadron, maybe I could use them as Fire Prisms/Night Spinners on the flank of my actual Prism/Spinner

Dr.Clock
19-04-2015, 01:14
My word... those are... interesting. Full points for originality - a little OTT for my liking, but certainly well executed.

Anyway - yup - fire prism looks fine. And if you just use the suncannon version of the WKnight, I think most people won't mind terribly. Still very powerful, but without D weapons, a bit less likely to get peoples' backs up.

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

Losing Command
19-04-2015, 04:02
Damn, those are some awesome conversions. But yeah, alternative Fireprisms seems the most fitting.

Galef
19-04-2015, 05:17
Thanks for the replies. I do own 1 actual WraithKnight that can use from time to time.

One of the main reasons why I dont think these conversions will work as Gargantuan Creatures is because of Stomp. They just dont look like they could do it.

murgel2006
19-04-2015, 10:13
awesome work.
I also say fire prism. Especially in a iyanden list.

Retrospectus
19-04-2015, 18:40
why wouldn't they work as wraithknights?

Galef
19-04-2015, 19:24
why wouldn't they work as wraithknights?

Well,they are a little smaller than the actual WK, but I didn't see that as a problem when WKs were basically double a WLord before. Now that WKs are Gargantuan, they come with a lot of rules that jetbike-riding WLords just dont seem to represent (like FNP, Stomp, etc.). They can also split-fire and I only modeled 1 gun per guy, saying that it was a 2-shot gun to represent 2 Wcannons.

Also, I am OCD when it comes to running models in pairs (if I own 2 of them anyway). These 2 WK conversions were made to be my primary anti-tank on the 6th ed codex. I DO NOT want to run 2 of the new WKs (cuz I want to have opponents who enjoy themselves and will continue to play me)

MajorWesJanson
19-04-2015, 21:19
+1 for Fire Prisms.

Neckutter
20-04-2015, 06:32
You can bring them in squadrons now. Looks like you'll have to make one more conversion!

aprilmanha
20-04-2015, 10:08
Possibly try to fit them both onto one base to be a bit more "Gargantuan" ?
Or would that make them a bit to busy? :P

Also I can totally imagine these guys doing a stomp attack, they just stop above the targets and cut the engines >:D