PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts of Dwarves; A short list for a short army

The Blue Knight
19-04-2015, 17:11
Hello out there in WARSEER!

Like some others on the boards I am joining a WHFB in-store campaign. I plan to give my nascient Dwarf Army some love and will use them for the campaign.
As summarized by some others the staring conditions are as follows:

Players will start with 1000 Point armies. Armies are to be taken from a single book, no End Times (as of yet).
No single character choice may be over 250 points, but you must have one Hero and one wizard. Only one may be a spell-caster, however, as I am running dwarves I will have to take a Runesmith. No Special Characters.
Core troops must be a minimum of 250 points. You can spend more than 250 points on core but each unit must be no more than 250 points. Units may not exceed 25 models unless they cost a total of 8 or less points.
You must have at one Rare or Special Choice, but you can only have a maximum of 1 of each.
Other limitations for the Army List for the Campaign:

Limit of 1Fast Cavalry Choice.
Limit of 1 Skirmish unit.
Limit of 1 Monster.
Limit of 1 Warmachine. This includes Steam Tanks and Iron Blasters.
You may only spend a maximum of 50 points on Items/Gifts/Runes/Vampiric Powers and the like. This is for the entire army.

Based on the above I am thinking of taking the following:

HEROS

Thane (BSB) with Shield, Pistol and Rune of Speed/+1Init and Rune of Warding/+6 ward (119pts)
RuneSmith with Shield and Rune of SpellBreaking (88pts)
CORE

11 Quarrelers with GW, Shields and Musician (175pts)
10 Quarrelers with GW, Sheilds and Musician (160pts)
SPECIAL

20 Hammerers with Shields and FC (330pts)
RARE

Organ Gun with Rune of Burning (125pts)

In lieu of the Quarrelers I have could switch out both for a 23 Man Unit of LB's with HW&Shields (329pts). This could alo be used to switch out the Hammerers for extra stability of the line, but I thought that 'hitiness' was needed in the list.

Anyway please let me know what you think or any recommendations.

Thanks in advance,

THE BLUE KNIGHT

Groza
20-04-2015, 10:03
Is it just me or did you just break the site.

theJ
22-04-2015, 11:44
Not just the site, but the rules as well; they clearly state that you are not allowed to have any single unit worth more than 250pts maximum, and yet those hammerers are worth 330. SHAME ON YOU!
..also, you may want to ask the organisers how you're supposed to fit a wizard into an army without any wizards available to it... unless they've already clarified that they count runesmiths as wizards, in which case.... SHAME ON THEM!

The Blue Knight
22-04-2015, 19:58
Is it just me or did you just break the site.

I knew that I had an determental effect on all things computerized, but I never considered myslef the electronic equivalnet of Typhoid Mary. Maybe I should be going for a WoC MoN list?

Not just the site, but the rules as well; they clearly state that you are not allowed to have any single unit worth more than 250pts maximum, and yet those hammerers are worth 330. SHAME ON YOU!
..also, you may want to ask the organisers how you're supposed to fit a wizard into an army without any wizards available to it... unless they've already clarified that they count runesmiths as wizards, in which case.... SHAME ON THEM!

@theJ

Thanks for pointing that out! I Got carried away!

As far as the Spellcaster, I am obilgated, nay compelled, to take the RS in lieu of the Wizard. The organizers have clarified this. I'd rather not take him at this level, but there it is.

Panzer MkIV
23-04-2015, 12:07
Can you give a list of the models you have and how they're armed?

Edit: why is my reply on top?

Edit: never mind

The Blue Knight
23-04-2015, 19:26
Sure Panzer

I have at the moment;

25 warriors or lbs with hw&s with FC
25 hammerers with FC
2 18 man units of quarrelers with GWs both with FCs
10 hand gunners
10 iron drakes
1 cannon
1 organ gun
One bsb thane
One hero with hw&s
two runesmiths

That's my throng-lite.

The Blue Knight
24-04-2015, 13:02
Okay

It was kindly pointed out to me that I violated a campaign rule as well as the site; the Rule that no unit can exceed 250pts.

So keeping that in mind along with my available models (noted above) I have come up with the following list;

Thane with BSB GW and RoIron(122pts)
Runesmith with GW and RoSpellbreak (91pts)
17 Longbeards with HW&S Musc and StdB (241pts)
12 Quarrelers with GW
15 Hammerers with Std and Musc (245pts)
Organ Gun with RoBurning (125pts)

The idea behind the LBS is use in CC as well as to steady the young'uns in case i am face with a torrent of archery of gunfire.

Ideas? Likes?

Thanks in advance

TBK

SuperHappyTime
08-05-2015, 22:55
Okay

It was kindly pointed out to me that I violated a campaign rule as well as the site; the Rule that no unit can exceed 250pts.

So keeping that in mind along with my available models (noted above) I have come up with the following list;

Thane with BSB GW and RoIron(122pts)
Runesmith with GW and RoSpellbreak (91pts)
17 Longbeards with HW&S Musc and StdB (241pts)
12 Quarrelers with GW
15 Hammerers with Std and Musc (245pts)
Organ Gun with RoBurning (125pts)

The idea behind the LBS is use in CC as well as to steady the young'uns in case i am face with a torrent of archery of gunfire.

Ideas? Likes?

Thanks in advance

TBK

Based on the contest rules, that's a pretty good way to go.

It's a debatable point, but Warriors with GW and Ironbreakers might be better than LBs/Hams.

Also, you might free a Longbeard or two for points elsewhere, as they still roll for Ld if they lose 4 either way. I'd spend those points on a rune of accuracy or forging for the Organ Gun, since you'll want it shooting.