PDA

View Full Version : How many types of Magic Items can one guy have?

drdenner
28-04-2015, 17:53
Dont have my book with me, and its been a while i checked up on this, but how many magic items can 1 dude have?

1 Banner
1 Weapon
1 Arcane
1 Enchanted
1 Armor
1 Shield

Is this correct? Does the Armor and Shield both just count as an armor choice, so its either an armor OR a shield?

theunwantedbeing
28-04-2015, 18:07
Does the Armor and Shield both just count as an armor choice, so its either an armor OR a shield?

Indeed, they're both from the same category and you can only have up to one item from each category.

ie.
You can't take two magical swords
You can't take two magical banners
You can't take two arcane items
etc

Evil Hypnotist
28-04-2015, 18:47
A quick point; a BSB wouldn't be able to have a magic banner AND magic items

drdenner
28-04-2015, 18:57
This part had me confused:

A model can only have one suit of armor and one shield, so if you give a model a magical suit of armor or a magicial shield, it replaces any mundane equivalent already worn by the model

Mr_Rose
28-04-2015, 19:58
This part had me confused:

A model can only have one suit of armor and one shield, so if you give a model a magical suit of armor or a magicial shield, it replaces any mundane equivalent already worn by the model

It's there to convey that you can't wear your Armour of Fortune over the top of your Full Plate in order to get a 2+ save as well as the Ward, nor can you carry an Enchanted Shield together with a regular one. However, you can wear Full Plate and carry an Enchanted Shield.

forseer of fates
28-04-2015, 20:23
Unless your a slann :P

furrie
29-04-2015, 07:49
A quick point; a BSB wouldn't be able to have a magic banner AND magic items

that depends on the BSB, but most have it in there rules that they can't have a magic banner and other magic items