PDA

View Full Version : Interex.

chuxfm
15-05-2015, 15:44
Hey all,

Read a little about the Interex recently. There isn't a lot going around about them though from what I can google. is there any decent artwork of what they might look like? What about further reading?

Kind of fascinated by the idea of another human empire besides The Imperium in the 40k universe. Even if they were wiped out during The Great Crusade.

Chux.

Durandal
09-03-2016, 11:38
I'm intrigued by the interex too (or intersex as autocorrect would have it) I'd love to play them as an army and would like to read more about them in 40k novels too.

blackcherry
11-03-2016, 13:02
Given they were wiped out almost completely between the first and second Horus Heresy books, I think there isn't much left to talk about with them. But it seems they existed to show how great mankind could become again...only to be wiped out because it suited the vain needs of a flawed being. Dark humour is a 40k staple after all.

agurus1
11-03-2016, 22:31
I thought that Horus wasn't able to complete his conquest of the interex for one reason or another?

The Black Shield
11-03-2016, 23:06
Here's a bit about the Interex. http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Interex

Durandal
16-03-2016, 11:57
They could still be written about retrospectively as is the case with HH. And maybe they could figure in 30k?

Theocracity
16-03-2016, 18:00
Given they were wiped out almost completely between the first and second Horus Heresy books, I think there isn't much left to talk about with them. But it seems they existed to show how great mankind could become again...only to be wiped out because it suited the vain needs of a flawed being. Dark humour is a 40k staple after all.

That matches with how I feel about various portrayals of non-grimdark non-Imperium human civilizations in the 40k Galaxy. They exist to either be crushed (to highlight the thoughtless cruelty of the Imperium) or to be corrupted (to highlight why the Imperium's thoughtless cruelty is the only way to survive in an even crueler galaxy). They're part of the dark humor of 40k rather than something that could actually stand on its own in the fiction.

Mr. CyberPunk
16-03-2016, 18:19
That was one of my main beef with the HH books. To me, the parts about meeting other humans empires during the great crusade was one of the most interesting aspect of the books, but it was mostly brushed aside really quickly.

Razios
16-03-2016, 21:23
That was one of my main beef with the HH books. To me, the parts about meeting other humans empires during the great crusade was one of the most interesting aspect of the books, but it was mostly brushed aside really quickly.

Problem is that it would become the "good faction" and have the same problem as the tau or ultramar have(that they are marysuetopias) granted I would learn a little more about them BEFORE being crush but so is (grimdark)life.

Azazyll
17-03-2016, 15:27

Because it's the Horus Heresy series, not the Great Crusade series. It's a question of focus. The series is already overlong and broad in scope as it is.

Problem is that it would become the "good faction" and have the same problem as the tau or ultramar have(that they are marysuetopias) granted I would learn a little more about them BEFORE being crush but so is (grimdark)life.

The Tau are good? They meet all of the classic criteria of fascism. I don't think anyone in 40k is good. But the Interex, as a group consciously aware of and yet still resisting Chaos, might have fit the bill.

Plus, cyborg centaurs and monkeys with guns. That would have been cool.