PDA

View Full Version : FW airbrush paints

Poncho160
22-05-2015, 14:00
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/AIRBRUSH_PAINT_RANGE.html

FW have released their range of airbrush paints, some intresting colours released, they seem to be matches for the Legions, so it will finally be easy to paint the Sons of Horus! Haha

Never having bought airbrush paints before and looking to get an airbrush, are these good value?

mattl
22-05-2015, 14:03
http://http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/AIRBRUSH_PAINT_RANGE.html

Working link: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/AIRBRUSH_PAINT_RANGE.html

Poncho160
22-05-2015, 15:14
Cheers, changed it :)

Wintermute
22-05-2015, 18:31
We have a dedicated thread to discussing pricing which can be found here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-GW-General-Discussion). Any comments in this thread about pricing will be removed, just like the posts I have just deleted.

Wintermute

Kalidane
22-05-2015, 18:57
Looking forward to some comprehensive reviews. I can't see what they might have done to make a better paint so surely it's just convenient colours that they are bringing to the table. Better than other paints on the market, not just what GW offers.

Always a chance to be surprised however.

Autumn Leaves
23-05-2015, 00:11
I'll be interested to hear about the coverage and flow.
I have invested in the Vallejo Air range of paints and the coverage is absolutely stellar. The metallics are out of this world.
I'm wondering if the quality will be comparable to the Vallejo Air range.

YunYun
26-05-2015, 06:03
How does airbrush paint differ from the normal stuff, and the colours look cool c:

Wintermute
26-05-2015, 19:04
How does airbrush paint differ from the normal stuff, and the colours look cool c:

As the name suggests they are designed to be applied via an airbrush.

Flame Boy
27-05-2015, 14:50

In general, airbrush paints tend to have thinner consistency so that they don't block the airbrush so easily.

I was surprised that nobody had posted about these paints until now. I saw a post in 40k News and Rumours that mentioned them, but no actual info until they showed up on the FW website.

I can see FW making some nice deals bundling a few squads, legion accessories and the correct legion paints in the future.

I have mixed up a batch of citadel paints for a custom chapter, but if they don't work very well I'll probably be looking for that deep red the word bearers paints seem to have. The metallic paints and the clear paints should make painting metallic models tons easier. I've generally found working with metallic paints to be a chore, so I would give them a try.

tristessa
28-05-2015, 19:09
I got some at the open day but haven't used them yet. Pigment looks good. I imagine they'll be on a par with the vallejo ones (which are great) but in the heresy shades. Interestingly enough I asked about an Alpha Legion colour and they told me they're still working on it. I think FW have had a lot of input into the range.

Earl_UK
09-06-2015, 13:52
I like using airbrush paints with a brush also as it give a very smoth surface, all be it needing a few coats, but that also depends on what your looking for and what your painting on, worth trying out one either way.

otto1485
09-06-2015, 16:40
I've just used some of these to paint a landraider and deredeo dreadnought - they are very good and certainly comparable with the Vallejo Game Air and Model Air - they sprayed well straight out of the pot - even the metallics. I was using a DeVilbiss Dagr with a 0.40 needle.

ATB Otto

TheFang
09-06-2015, 18:09
Have FW published any colour guides for painting the Legions with these yet?

Lucifer216
10-06-2015, 09:54
I've been using them and have been very happy with the results so far - one word of warning though - the purple clear tone really dials the brightness and contrast down - more so than I was expecting and I suspect that's true for the other clear tones as well.

LunarLizard
14-07-2015, 11:06
I've been using them and have been very happy with the results so far - one word of warning though - the purple clear tone really dials the brightness and contrast down - more so than I was expecting and I suspect that's true for the other clear tones as well.

I am looking into buying these paints for my airbrush.
Do you use them neat or have to water them down before use?

Lucifer216
14-07-2015, 11:09
I used them neat with no issues. I forgot to add that the clear tones seem to result in a somewhat glossy finish.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Earl_UK
15-07-2015, 13:27
I am looking into buying these paints for my airbrush.
Do you use them neat or have to water them down before use?

That really depends on what your trying to do, i find that if im trying to get finer lines with my airbrush thinning the paint does help, Its very much a case of trial and error on some paper and finding out what does what and how you want it to look.

Poseidal
15-07-2015, 15:52
Are those in the old style 'pots' still?

I would really prefer a dropper bottle, even if I do a mix in a separate container before putting it in my airbrush.

Could someone tell me why should I buy these over, say, the Vallejo Model Air / Game Air lines?

ebbwar
15-07-2015, 18:12
Are those in the old style 'pots' still?

I would really prefer a dropper bottle, even if I do a mix in a separate container before putting it in my airbrush.

Could someone tell me why should I buy these over, say, the Vallejo Model Air / Game Air lines?

To show that the part you love about 'Teh Hobby'™ is buying GW products ;)

Deamon-forge
15-07-2015, 18:23
i picked up a few to use on my AVP game going to use a brush and look forward to trying them price wise a little expensive i think at just under 4 pot compared to other companies

Scribe of Khorne
15-07-2015, 18:42
I can only speak to the Word Bearer red, but its awesome. Really great consistency, even just for loading up on a brush.