PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious CoD Terrain wouldja buyit poll for Old Guard

TheOTHERmaninblack
03-07-2006, 08:01
Here it is, old son.

So there's this thread regarding some building sprues of what is apparently a prototype of the Cities of Death building line. For some reason, GW decided not to make these simpler sprues available, although they seem to have used them extensively themselves.

So check out the thread, http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35906

and come back here to vote.

muskrat
03-07-2006, 08:11
I make my own scenery, but beyond that, I wouldn't pay for buildings.

But I love how GW raises prices to cover losses, yet wastes molds on this and all the special edition minis that never see the light of day after the event passes.

O well. Not hijacking this thread on you bud, just kinda struck me.

Colonel_Kreitz
03-07-2006, 09:17
Actually, I rather like those and would buy them ahead of the present Cities of Death stuff, which is wayyy too over the top in my opinion. If I think Imperium, sure, there will be some insane looking, gothic structures, with skulls and seletons in the masonry and what have you.

However, for the most part, I picture vast, dull looking hab-blocks and factories. A bit like what the outskirts of St. Petersburg looks like, actually (not intended as a slight against any Russians reading this. It's a beautiful city).

KingNic
03-07-2006, 10:38
Look into the Pegaus gothic buildings (http://www.hawaiigamers.net/forum/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=13&showentry=141) if you want modular gothic terrain with more whitespace and for MUCH cheaper.

old guard
03-07-2006, 15:55
It took me an age to find it. Thank you kind sir you are a gentleman (despite what everyone else says:D )

We know about the Pegasus gear, thank you and yes it does fulfill a function however this is not really the point here.
Despite the Doomsayer ' I'm not inspired by the GW terrain' school of thought (not a direct quote... I thought I should mention that before someone becomes outraged and goes on one.... calm down...its just a hobby), I quite often am and particularly in this instance with the buildings created A) for the COD codex and associated WD articles (gonna have to make a governor Soloman) and B) the fortress in the Black templar codex. That's not to say that I want to recreate in exact detail everything of theirs that I see (would that I had the space:( ) but its quite often a good starting point.it does what its supposed to ..it inspires, the only problem being that having been so inspired you don't get the chance to really have a go!:mad:
What I am really looking at here is more choice (note to self must stop sounding like the government!:eek:) and variety.
Ultimately people, if it was available, would you go for it. For me the answer is a definite yes and taking into account the 3 available sets, for everyone of the available ones I would have 2 of the prototype.

lord_blackfang
03-07-2006, 17:13
Variety is always good. I'd buy a few boxes of them.

Colonel_Kreitz
03-07-2006, 20:32
Look into the Pegaus gothic buildings (http://www.hawaiigamers.net/forum/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=13&showentry=141) if you want modular gothic terrain with more whitespace and for MUCH cheaper.

Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread here, but I just wanted to note: Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Those are very, very nice indeed, and much better looking than GW's, which are far too "busy."

Bregalad
03-07-2006, 23:08
As I said in the other thread: I have and like the Pegasus Gothic building, but it cannot be compared to the CoD kits: It has only three different walls (no roof or floors!) and only one door, so modularity is VERY limited. So basically you can only build one cool looking building. CoD sprues allow you much more variability and interchangeability. So thank you GW!

The poll is a bit weird, with one NO and three YES (two of them "YES if not too expensive"). Well, I voted for YES ;)

TheOTHERmaninblack
04-07-2006, 01:31
The poll is a bit weird, with one NO and three YES (two of them "YES if not too expensive"). Well, I voted for YES ;)

Sorry if it put you off, but the point of the poll as requested was to show GW an interest level in an effort to get them to make the sprues available. I'll expand on the answers if it makes it easier.

In a heartbeat! means that you'll buy them if they're made available and you don't care what the conditions are or what the price.

Meh.... means that you won't buy them, so GW shouldn't bother to release them.

Well, I mean how much.... means that you wouldn't mind having them, but not if they were much money at all. The take it or leave it choice

I'd buy them as long as.... This means that you'd pay a reasonable amount, but GW shouldn't get too FW on the price. Of the three yes answers, this is probably the most valid from the standpoint of GW actually taking heed and making them available.

So the yes answers are a matter of scale while the no answer is just no, and how many varieties of no do you need? As any dating-age girl can (and will) tell you, no means no.:angel:

old guard
04-07-2006, 08:21
As the old saying goes when a lady says no she means perhaps, when she says perhaps she means yes, if shes says yes, shes no lady and unworthy of bringing home to meet mother.

but yes the idea here is to demonstrate just how much inerest there is.

The Dude
04-07-2006, 08:29
It would need another sprue of plain walls to go with it or it would be a pretty limited set.

that said, I'd probably pick up one or two :D