PDA

View Full Version : Ork faction wishlisting

Mike3791
30-05-2015, 23:32
So with the looming and rapid arrival of full fledged factions and subfactions, what direction would players like to see an Ork faction go?

Faction: Orks

Subfactions/codexs such as:
-Ork Clans
-Gretchen
-Squigs

I think that could be in the realm of possibility, especially since I think it would be cool to fully flesh out the gretchen & squig armies. Maybe let gretchen specialize in shooting (like better BS, snipers & melta guns) and let the squigs take on more of the monstrous creature roles. That would make the Ork faction a lot more balanced and fun to play. What do people think?

cuda1179
31-05-2015, 01:55
Ork Clans would be great. I think ork player have for YEARS been screaming for the Squiggoth to be included. Plus, where the heck are my boar-boys?

Born Again
31-05-2015, 02:15
Every single time this thread comes up, I say the same thing.

Squig rider cavalry. Please just give us squig rider cavalry.
I mean, how can you not want this?

Abaraxas
31-05-2015, 03:47
Actual miniatures to represent the individual clans instead of just a paint job would be great.
Slim chance of that happening though, so I guess it's a good thing my Ork stuff is all RT/2nd ed sculpts.

Theocracity
31-05-2015, 04:06
So with the looming and rapid arrival of full fledged factions and subfactions, what direction would players like to see an Ork faction go?

Faction: Orks

Subfactions/codexs such as:
-Ork Clans
-Gretchen
-Squigs

I think that could be in the realm of possibility, especially since I think it would be cool to fully flesh out the gretchen & squig armies. Maybe let gretchen specialize in shooting (like better BS, snipers & melta guns) and let the squigs take on more of the monstrous creature roles. That would make the Ork faction a lot more balanced and fun to play. What do people think?

I feel like if Gretchin and Squigs are your thing, then a Snakebite subfaction would be a more viable direction for them to take. It could even potentially tie in with new releases - a plastic Wyrdboy, Squiggoths or smaller Squig-critters, Skarboyz, etc.

Another potential would be a more Blood Axe route, with plastic Kommandos, Tankbustas and more of a mainline battle tank variant of a Looted Wagon.

I frankly don't think the Orks need a subfaction codex though. There's no element of Orks that exists completely separate from mainline Orks (like Harlequins do for Craftworlders and Commorites), nor would any plastic releases require so many kits that GW would feel the need to split the rules into multiple books for policy reasons (like Mechanicus). I'd be happy to get a codex that gives some useful formations and exciting rules, and a couple of plastic kits to add new options (say, Buggies capable of mounting some interesting new weaponry).

GrandmasterWang
31-05-2015, 06:09
I don't think they will go it and grots don't interest me..... however if it came with some new models ala Skittari I would purchase Codex:Squigs in a heartbeat.

Squigs could possibly be my favorite things in the Warhammer universe (40k or Fantasy)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Darnok
31-05-2015, 06:58
I think most of the clans can be done already just fine. One faction you can't do without heavy kitbashing is Feral Orks though - I'd love to see GW do something with that. FW already has two Squiggoths in their range, and GW could do great things with Squig cavalry, Mech-Boars or whatever. I don't say you need it - conversions are a thing, and the Ork/Orc range is extremely varied already - but with just a few kits GW could do even more for this.

My (pretty realistic) wishlisting also includes plastic Kommandos and Tankhuntas.

Getifa Ubazza
31-05-2015, 09:12

Put me down for a big mob of these guys. When that concept art came out, I think a very unmanly sound left my mouth. If they wanted to do it as a duel kit, they could do a wild squib mob, with a bunch of gretchin hanging on for dear life. Add a few bits to the kit, to make one of the orks into a runtherd and you got yourself a pretty awesome kit.

Born Again
31-05-2015, 09:38
Actual miniatures to represent the individual clans instead of just a paint job would be great.
Slim chance of that happening though, so I guess it's a good thing my Ork stuff is all RT/2nd ed sculpts.

I can't imagine that happening, the best we can hope for is if the new SM upgrade sets sell well enough, they may look at doing the same thing for other factions, giving us packs for specific clans. Even if they didn't do all of them, Snakebites, Blood Axes and either Bad Moons or Deathskulls would benefit most from it, I think.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a return of Snotling swarms like they had back in the day. They seem to have been relegated to just ammo for the SAG.

Chem-Dog
31-05-2015, 12:48

+1

That concept is the single most exciting thing for Orks since they released a new Shok Attak Gun. the units virtually write themselves - Boyz on Squigs, Characters on Squigs, Squig-drawn Charriot ect ect.

I can't imagine that happening, the best we can hope for is if the new SM upgrade sets sell well enough, they may look at doing the same thing for other factions, giving us packs for specific clans.

I can't believe they wouldn't do it TBH. In addition to add-on kits, it'd be nice to see a little bit of clan customisation in standard boxes, the last Ork thing I bought was the Nobz box and In pretty sure there were some clan specific gubbinz in there - that but just more of it. Especially if you look at the comparatively option laden sprues of recent releases (Sicarians come with four different configurations, two for each head option) and contrast them against Basic Boyz with a general dearth of options.

Personal wishes.
A Warboss kit in line with the CSM Terminator Lord, lots of flair and different combos of equipment. In super fantasy land this would cover every option - including Bike and Mega Armour.

Those Squig Riders.

Clans.

Freebooterz. Bad Docs with Squig-brained henchmen and a collection of Boyz sporting the klankiest new bionic gubbinz (Gyro Stabilised Monowheel FTW), Khorne Stormboyz, Renegade Runtherdz with a swarm of Grotz+1 and all that other glorious bonkersness.
Throw in one or two of the lost Ork units like Wildboyz.

Born Again
31-05-2015, 13:29
+1

That concept is the single most exciting thing for Orks since they released a new Shok Attak Gun. the units virtually write themselves - Boyz on Squigs, Characters on Squigs, Squig-drawn Charriot ect ect.

I believe it actually dates from before the new Shokk Attack Gun - which would make it the most exciting thing for Orks, ever :D

I can't believe they wouldn't do it TBH. In addition to add-on kits, it'd be nice to see a little bit of clan customisation in standard boxes, the last Ork thing I bought was the Nobz box and In pretty sure there were some clan specific gubbinz in there - that but just more of it. Especially if you look at the comparatively option laden sprues of recent releases (Sicarians come with four different configurations, two for each head option) and contrast them against Basic Boyz with a general dearth of options.

Freebooterz. Bad Docs with Squig-brained henchmen and a collection of Boyz sporting the klankiest new bionic gubbinz (Gyro Stabilised Monowheel FTW)

I didn't think of it before, but I'd actually combine the two. Freebooterz would be great as an add on pack, with pirate hats, shoulder-sitting parrot squigs, bioniks and such.

Mike3791
31-05-2015, 14:31
I personally have always been a clan snakebite fan, I love the organic/feral side of the orks. I was toying with the idea of using "night gretchin" models that count as allied Tempus Scions for tunneling (deepstriking) and high BS with special weapons. I love the squig cavarly art, but there is unfortunately nothing close that resemble the models. The closest thing that could be used as "count as" squig cavalry would be either allied bloodcrushers or thunderwolves.

Moriarty
31-05-2015, 15:01
Dumping the snakern-fracken DIck Dastardly Mob Rule test we have currently would be nice. A prime example of how to make the simple complicated it might be, but a pain in the posterior to administer. I'd even be happier with 'roll a 1, run away, roll a 6, charge'.

Astraeos
31-05-2015, 16:26
I have some old White Dwarfs and loved the Freebooterz excerpts they used to publish! I'd love to see a mini-codex based around that. Stuff like Renegade Meks, Bad Docs (with their Squig brained Orks), Ork-Genestealer hybrids, Chaos Orks and other sorts of outcasts and such.

If not then I'd like to see a return of the Feral Orks, or at least a Snakebite codex!

Moriarty
31-05-2015, 23:40
Hi Astreos, you don't need a new Codex for Freebooterz, just 'counts as'. Hereunder Hybrids (Kommandos) Bad Docs (Sluggas) and Chaos (SLuggas):

Greyhound
01-06-2015, 00:23
are you guys implying this picture is NOT fan art, and actually comes from the studio?
I'd buy 10 right off the bat, and this is not an overaction!

MajorWesJanson
01-06-2015, 01:12
Wishlisting

Codex: Orks
Plastic Bugy/Trakk two pack
Plastic Deffkopta 3 pack
Plastic Kommandoes 5 pack
Megaarmor Warboss small box (like the SAG Big Mek)
Clampack Wyrdboy
Clampack Mek with KFF

Codex Orks: Feral Klans
Feral Orks box
Attack Squig Herd
Squig Beast Riders 3 pack
Squiggoth with howdah and gun platform options
Clampack Feral waross
Clampack Shaman of the Waaagh!

All Cing Eye
01-06-2015, 02:15
I want to see a proper Ork Tank, like the ones from Epic 40K.

And I'd like to see some of the prominent Warbosses in the fluff get models, such as Nazdreg and Snagrod.

Greyhound
01-06-2015, 03:01
Wishlisting:

Codex: Kult of Speed
Mostly formations, and some characters
Plastic release:
- New Buggies, with new upgrades, maybe even dual kit with some grot gunning platform
- Deffkoptas back from AOBR

Added rules:
- New warlord traits
- Mob rules: special mob rules for the KoS which make any models run/turbo boost if they fail a morale check (make it a 3+ rerollable by bosspole)

From FW:
Codex: Dread Mob
The walkers back in STRENGTH!
- Fixed warlord trait
- Awesome formations including their walkers and the 'nauts
- "fixed" Kans and dread, by either reduced costs and/or new added special rules like for instance:
* give the walkers 'ere we go, and let them enjoy the walk/run/assault in the waaagh
* free grot riggers for all and throw the armour plates as well while you're at it.
* give them targetting squigs... would love to see Kans become crack shots if they don't move.

totally would make my day but so unlikely in their business model:
Codex: Snakebites
Mostly formations, and some characters
Plastic release:
- A box with 3 sprues of upgrades for their Warhammer orc kits forcing you to buy more GW boxes including:
* Boarboys upgrades
* Black Orc upgrades into "skar boys"
* Squig herder - 40k style.

Born Again
01-06-2015, 11:42
I personally have always been a clan snakebite fan, I love the organic/feral side of the orks. I was toying with the idea of using "night gretchin" models that count as allied Tempus Scions for tunneling (deepstriking) and high BS with special weapons. I love the squig cavarly art, but there is unfortunately nothing close that resemble the models. The closest thing that could be used as "count as" squig cavalry would be either allied bloodcrushers or thunderwolves.

I've always thought that this (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/R8FYngGbmuI/AAAAAAAAAvk/cIwd-6GSpJE/s400/ColdOneChariot.gif&imgrefurl=http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/2008/02/dark-elves-special-units-dark-elf.html&h=341&w=400&tbnid=v1SxMdE7HC_CcM:&zoom=1&docid=sVy_llTkKSJyDM&ei=vDRsVbr8L8jFmAWmtoGIAQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CDEQMygTMBM) design of Dark Elf Cold One, painted red and with ork riders, could be a nice start for a conversion.

are you guys implying this picture is NOT fan art, and actually comes from the studio?

At the time I first saw and saved the picture (prior to the 5th edition codex coming out), I believe it was touted as a studio concept sketch. Whether that has been disproved or not over the years I'm not sure. I'm unfamiliar with the autographed "R" as belonging to any GW sculptors of the time though.

Wishlisting
Clampack Wyrdboy

As a long time fan of Weirdboyz, I'm hanging out for this too. With GW's current penchant for models raised off the bases and sculpted smoke and lightning effects, I'm picturing him held aloft with a storm of Waaaagh! energy lighting writhing around him.

Watch that description turn up as Weirdboy: confirmed on Faeit tomorrow.

shabbadoo
01-06-2015, 12:34

Yes, that is studio concept art done around the same time as concept art for the plastic Stormboyz, Lootas, etc. Not all concept art gets approved for production though. Sometimes it comes out later on, which I hope the Squig cavalry does. "Boar Boyz" need to be left in the past when GW didn't yet know what they were doing, and "Squig Boyz" need to be made.

As to any new codex, Clans need to be heavily featured. That means Formations most likely, but it also means special characters (Nazdreg, you GW @#%$&! :p). Some Clan Upgrade Sprues similar to the new ones for Space Marines would be a good idea too.

Also, a Weirdboy Tower option (with accompanying model sprue) for the Battlwagon would be nice, as would a full-on Orky kit for a Looted Wagon/Vehicle. And plastic kits need to be released for Tankbustas (6 models, including Nob), Buggies/Wartrakks (3-pack kit), Deffkoptas (3-pack kit), Warboss, and Weirdboy. That would be a pretty spectacular release. :cool:

Senbei
01-06-2015, 13:38
Yes, that is studio concept art done around the same time as concept art for the plastic Stormboyz, Lootas, etc. Not all concept art gets approved for production though. Sometimes it comes out later on, which I hope the Squig cavalry does. "Boar Boyz" need to be left in the past when GW didn't yet know what they were doing, and "Squig Boyz" need to be made.

As to any new codex, Clans need to be heavily featured. That means Formations most likely, but it also means special characters (Nazdreg, you GW @#%$&! :p). Some Clan Upgrade Sprues similar to the new ones for Space Marines would be a good idea too.

Also, a Weirdboy Tower option (with accompanying model sprue) for the Battlwagon would be nice, as would a full-on Orky kit for a Looted Wagon/Vehicle. And plastic kits need to be released for Tankbustas (6 models, including Nob), Buggies/Wartrakks (3-pack kit), Deffkoptas (3-pack kit), Warboss, and Weirdboy. That would be a pretty spectacular release. :cool:

Squigs would be nice, maybe a bit less WFB-like though. As for Tankbustas, I could see them being a dual-kit, maybe with some sorta Mek unit armed with KMB and buz-saws?

Greyhound
01-06-2015, 13:41
Kommando/bustas is definitely doable "a la" burnas/lootas with 4 boys and a nob.

TheBearminator
04-06-2015, 08:26
The most important thing for me is to get back our old troop options, or at least some other troop choices than the pathetic two we are now down to. Most of all nobs or dreads/kans. I'm currently building two Ork armies. One of them is a tank heavy dread mob. The other one is a an elite orientated army with nobs, bustas flashgitz and lots of armour (as I love armour). The only thing I absolutely don't want in any of these are boyz and grots. I don't accept having to go unbound for this as I think it's a very humble request. Look at the diversity of troops in the Eldar codex for example.

The second thing I want is an option to take tank squads. Like a small deff skulls formation consisting of three looted vehicle squads. I hate the limitations they put on Ork tanks. I think they're the coolest models around, but while I can take fifteen kanz in a CAD I can only have three looted wagons OR battlewagons, and that also means I have to leave my lootas, mek guns, dreads, gorkanauts, morkanauts, flashgitz at home if I don't have the units to take transport BWs. Seriously. How the hell am I supposed to build a loota army when lootas and looted wagons compete for the same slots?!

MajorWesJanson
04-06-2015, 09:11
Well, with formations, it is easy to have a Bully Boyz or MekMob formation, without having to make everything into troops again.

Orks do need some proper tanks/gunwagons though. They have plenty of Walkers, and Squigoths would be best in a feral ork codex, so a new large kit could be a proper gunwagon, an upgrade of some of the old units like the gobsmasha and bowel burna.

Oots
04-06-2015, 15:34
I'd like to see a proper tank. I suppose one problem is a battlewagon, fully gunned-up, is for all intents and purposes a heavy tank already. So a new design would have to fill a clearly different niche, in terms of armament or price point.

That squig-rider art is pretty cool. I'd make the squig a bit more porcine though. Not an actual boar, just hinting in that direction.

MajorWesJanson
04-06-2015, 15:56
I'd like to see a proper tank. I suppose one problem is a battlewagon, fully gunned-up, is for all intents and purposes a heavy tank already. So a new design would have to fill a clearly different niche, in terms of armament or price point.

Something like say a Mek Wagon. A tank that is say 13/13/10 with no transport capability, armed with a main gun (bigga killkannon, heavy shokk attack gun, or lifta droppa [S9 AP1 with the Bigger they are rules from the Knight Gauntlet), a secondary kannon/zzap gun/supa shoota and the option to add some big shootas and a KFF to protect it.

Moriarty
04-06-2015, 16:16
Can't see why the Trukk couldn't be given the option to mount Big Gunz. Or bolt - on Big Shootas, for that matter. Other than that it would follow the fluff, and make sense, that is :-)

Theocracity
04-06-2015, 17:09
Can't see why the Trukk couldn't be given the option to mount Big Gunz. Or bolt - on Big Shootas, for that matter. Other than that it would follow the fluff, and make sense, that is :-)

Because the kit doesn't come with those guns. And technically it can mount those, as long as you're okay with Forgeworld rules.

Edit: if they come out with a new Buggy kit, that might be a good place to include Big Gunz. Though I'd also like to see some crazy Mad Max ideas, like the harpoons or boarding poles.

popisdead
04-06-2015, 21:31
oooh boy do I miss Ork Klanz.

Having umpteen bazillion Space marine chapters but they cannot still support 6 different Ork lists shows you how narrowminded and lacking in creativity GW Marketting has gotten.

Thankfully there is Unbound and there will always be players who enjoy fun so you can mix and match a little for a refreshing creative game.

Inquisitor Kallus
04-06-2015, 21:43
Klanz and named ork vehicles. Spleenrippas, lungburstas, bowelburnas, braincrushas (though the FW supa kannon is almost this) and Battle fortresses in plastic please. Itd be awesome to see a skullhamma as well as a giblet grinda. TBH id they did a few of the epic 'KoS' typical units id probably end up doing a Kult of Speed/Evil Sunz to go along with my BAs

Mawduce
05-06-2015, 04:32
War Rig... give Orks a War Rig

shabbadoo
05-06-2015, 09:09
Kommando/bustas is definitely doable "a la" burnas/lootas with 4 boys and a nob.
Gotta be 5 regular Boyz, plus one actual Nob-sized Nob body. Otherwise, that would be a good combo-kit.

Theocracity
05-06-2015, 14:27
War Rig... give Orks a War Rig

Is there any real difference between a War Rig and a Battle Wagon? Even their names are almost identical.

Because I'm bored, here's my consolidated predictions / guesstimates / wishlists for Orks, organized by themes that GW could group their releases into (with or without an associated minidex).

Snakebites

-Wyrdboy, either as a clampack or bundled into one of the larger kits below. This one seems inevitable in some form or another.

-Skarboyz / Madboyz dual kit. A guess, but it would tie in with the inevitable Wyrdboy. Models could be done with running legs and pelt-covered backs, with choices of bare scarred chests or ragged chests, and associated mean or goofy arms and heads.

-Squiggoth - if they're going full-out Snakebites, a Squiggoth would be a good big kit to flesh out the theme.

-Squig Riders - seem pretty unlikely to me, but as with the Squiggoth they could be used to flesh out a minidex.

Kult of Speed

-Deffkoptas - another inevitability. I expect the full weapon options, though for some reason I'm not betting on that much new.

-Buggies - my biggest wishlist item. It'd be great if they went all out and included awesome new weapons here. I can even imagine ideas like a chariot option for a Warboss, though that's obviously wild speculation.

-Biker Boss - not really betting on it, but we do need more warbosses in plastic so it'll probably come at some point.

Other

-Kommandos / Tankbustas - they eventually need to get around to these guys, though they've shown that Finecast units will stick around if other kits take priority. Dual kit seems sensible.

-Plastic Warboss - either heavy or mega armor. They're not going to leave us with a Big Mek as our only in-print plastic HQ forever. Edit: For full-bore crazy mode wishlisting, put the regular Warboss in with the Squiggoth along with the Wyrdboy, for a Fantasy style lord and wizard riding a monster :p. Then you'd just need a large clampack for a mega-armor boss.

-Looted Wagon - seems unlikely, but some sort of kit for it would be nice. Mek Gunz options like Wes mentioned would be nice too.

Felwether
05-06-2015, 14:50
Although I'd like to see new buggies, trakks and deffkoptas, I'd be happy with a new Boyz box. The current kit is really starting to show its age.

Also, make the 'Naut a superheavy, as it should be!

Theocracity
05-06-2015, 15:15
Although I'd like to see new buggies, trakks and deffkoptas, I'd be happy with a new Boyz box. The current kit is really starting to show its age.

Also, make the 'Naut a superheavy, as it should be!

Honestly, I don't think we need new boyz. I love that kit so much, and feel like it's held up really well - especially when you start kitbashing with all of the other compatible sets. The only reason I'd like to see a new boyz kit would be for new weapon options.

And yes, the 'Nauts should get some sort of boost - either reduced points or same points with superheavy status. Also Deff Dreads need to have some way to take multiple per slot - either as a squadron or part of a formation (that doesn't cost 1000+ points like it does now).

Felwether
05-06-2015, 17:42
Honestly, I don't think we need new boyz. I love that kit so much, and feel like it's held up really well - especially when you start kitbashing with all of the other compatible sets. The only reason I'd like to see a new boyz kit would be for new weapon options.

Although I do still have a soft spot for the current kit, I have to disagree with you on that one. While you can of course kitbash with other plastic sets, the variety of components still seems pretty meagre (I'm looking at you Warbikers!), the Boyz set is just old, the last few boxes I've bought have had massive mold lines nearly 1mm deep and were a nightmare to get cleaned up! Also, the set features maybe 5 or 6 different heads and 5 different sets of weapons repeated twice and there's so much empty space on the sprues when you compare them to more modern ones. I'd like to see things like running legs, better variety in arm poses (possibly even having the hands separate from the arms so you can mix and match even more freely), at least 10 individual heads and maybe a few more armour bits to make decent 'ard boyz.

Theocracity
05-06-2015, 17:52
I do agree that it could be better, especially when judged by modern standards. But I'd personally rather have new kits with modern sculpting than use up a precious release slot on rereleasing a workhorse kit - especially since the new kits can combine with old Boyz sculpts to freshen them up.

TheBearminator
06-06-2015, 01:07
Well, with formations, it is easy to have a Bully Boyz or MekMob formation, without having to make everything into troops again.

I'm with you on bully boyz, there you get some nice super elites with optional battlewagon transports. But what is the mekmob, I thought it was just the name of a boxed kit?

Grudgedesign
06-06-2015, 07:16
Would looove a new Trakk/Buggy kit. Options for wheels or tracks, and all the weapon options. The unit entry is fairly complex already, so I would't hope for any new weapons though. My second wish would be a real tank, not a transport but a really shooty AV13 tank with plenty of colorful weapon options that could be taken in squadrons. Close combat vehicle options like rollas with proper rules and pinchas would be great as well.

Born Again
06-06-2015, 14:36
-Skarboyz / Madboyz dual kit. A guess, but it would tie in with the inevitable Wyrdboy. Models could be done with running legs and pelt-covered backs, with choices of bare scarred chests or ragged chests, and associated mean or goofy arms and heads.

As much as I'd like to see a return of Madboyz to the game, given the change in direction of the game's overall mood, and in particular orks, I suspect if they did come back they'd be more along the lines of unhinged, raving loony psychokillers rather than the steal your mate's boot to build a submarine Madboyz of yesteryear. I wouldn't complain entirely - I think it'd be better than nothing, especially if they had nice models - but I doubt we'd see them in their old format.

Theocracity
06-06-2015, 15:08
As much as I'd like to see a return of Madboyz to the game, given the change in direction of the game's overall mood, and in particular orks, I suspect if they did come back they'd be more along the lines of unhinged, raving loony psychokillers rather than the steal your mate's boot to build a submarine Madboyz of yesteryear. I wouldn't complain entirely - I think it'd be better than nothing, especially if they had nice models - but I doubt we'd see them in their old format.

I don't know about that - both of the most recent codexes had a callout for Madboyz that described them in classically goofy ways (carrying around rusty buckets and stuffed squigs, as likely to charge the enemy as they are to stand around picking each other's noses). I'm sure they won't be quite as loony as Second edition style, but they're still funny and weird. And who knows what their game role would be - maybe they'll give them some weird new role, like being a warp charge battery for a Wyrdboy or a randomly-acting Fearless tarpit unit.

Born Again
07-06-2015, 02:10
I was actually thinking about that last night. As much as some people hate random tables, there's a bunch of USR's that could be used to represent their behaviour. Roll a dice each turn to see if they have things like Fearless, Rampage etc, certain rolls could force them to move towards the nearest objective, chase the fastest vehicle on the board etc. Maybe having a Weirdboy in the mob could let you re-roll.

Greyhound
07-06-2015, 03:00
If the madboyz can deliver something the rest of the codex doesn't then yes the madness would be the price to pay/risk to take.
But if they deliver ST4/5 attacks... they would need something huge to compensate for the uncertainty.
Like being cheap as grots, or being able to assault from deepstrike when the weird boy teleport them...
Anything else and they will be a miss imho.

shabbadoo
07-06-2015, 06:38
I do agree that it could be better, especially when judged by modern standards. But I'd personally rather have new kits with modern sculpting than use up a precious release slot on re-releasing a workhorse kit - especially since the new kits can combine with old Boyz sculpts to freshen them up.
Probably not a bad idea for all the reasons stated, but they need to keep the guy who did Flash Gitz away from them. That guy sculpted faces on the Flash Gitz that match NOTHING in the Ork range. it really makes them look like Orks...made by some other miniature company. Granted, they are well-sculpted faces, but that they don't actually match anything in the range...at all...is just horribly bad. It is comparable to releasing an Eldar kit where the faces are fat. :p Unity of appearance in a product line is very important. The models need to look like they go together, and to screw it up on the the focal point of a miniature- the face- is pretty bad. The rest of the Flash Gitz bits look just fine, as they match the rest of the Ork range closely enough. Fortunately there is enough variety among the other Nob-sized heads to replace the Flash Gitz heads with others so as to make them better match the rest of the Ork line.

Still, I look forward to the next Ork release. I just hope they keep things looking similar enough style-wise. It would be especially great if Orks had their own proper tank, so I hope to see that.

Flame Boy
08-06-2015, 18:35
I've always thought that this (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ts1HdLGjywM/R8FYngGbmuI/AAAAAAAAAvk/cIwd-6GSpJE/s400/ColdOneChariot.gif&imgrefurl=http://battlereporter.blogspot.com/2008/02/dark-elves-special-units-dark-elf.html&h=341&w=400&tbnid=v1SxMdE7HC_CcM:&zoom=1&docid=sVy_llTkKSJyDM&ei=vDRsVbr8L8jFmAWmtoGIAQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CDEQMygTMBM) design of Dark Elf Cold One, painted red and with ork riders, could be a nice start for a conversion.

That's a good idea, and I would have recommended Knarlocs as another base for Squig riders. I hadn't realised Forge World had stopped selling them. :(

I am collecting a mek-heavy force with lots of Kans and vehicles, but to see a good attempt of those squig riders from the concept art would be pretty amazing.

A dedicated tank for the Orks would make me very happy. The Battlewagon is a nice taxi with the ability to pile some guns on it, but a tank with some decent armour and a big gun of some sort would be ace. Forgeworld have been trying to fill in these gaps with the Mekboy Junkas and Big Traks, but a proper GW plastic kit would be great.

I'd like to see the buggy/wartrak/skorcha rolled into one vehicle with different weapon options. I don't see a real reason why the skorcha has to have the warbike chassis, it feels arbitrary for an army as flexible as Orks are.