PDA

View Full Version : Horus Heresy Forgeworld Book Scenarios

Samsonov
31-05-2015, 18:52
Do the Horus Heresy Forgeworld book contains scenarios, if so, how many and how detailed? The Vraks books have 25 scenarios between them, all having detailed maps and force lists. The Badab books only contain six, each without detailed maps or detailed forces. How does the Horus Heresy books do on this account, more like Vraks or Badab?

Spiney Norman
31-05-2015, 19:42
Do the Horus Heresy Forgeworld book contains scenarios, if so, how many and how detailed? The Vraks books have 25 scenarios between them, all having detailed maps and force lists. The Badab books only contain six, each without detailed maps or detailed forces. How does the Horus Heresy books do on this account, more like Vraks or Badab?

I only have book 5, as well as the red Istvann books (which have no missions, only army lists). Book 5 has 9 missions in total, six 'generic' missions for playing games in the age of darkness and three 'legendary missions' which represent the Calth campaign. There is a whole campaign system to use with the three legendary missions which all have specific deployment maps. Force are not particularly detailed, in the first of the three there are no restrictions, in the second the commanders of the two forces are specified (Guilliman and Kor Phaeron specifically). In the second and third the forces are asymmetrical, with the traitor force being larger in each case.

The six generic AoD scenarios are designed to be used by symmetrical forces using the AoD FOC, there are also 6 deployment maps intended to be rolled in separately (for a total possible 36 different scenario/map combinations).

Hope that is helpful, perhaps someone else can chime in with details of books 1-4.

Azazyll
31-05-2015, 19:50
They are all similar to the above iirc. Each book contains several scenarios, more than Badab but perhaps less than Vraks.

Samsonov
02-06-2015, 19:14
This is unfortunate. Perhaps the only weakness of the Badab books was the scenarios. I'd thought about doing the Vraks scenarios in epic scale, it would have been nice to do the same with Horus Heresy. So refighting, say, drop site massacre would just be playing lots generic games except for some very specific events?

Azazyll
03-06-2015, 03:03
That was my sense, but then I'm far less interested in scenarios personally. I buy the books for the lore and unit rules. I'd generally make up the scenarios myself from the narrative.

There is an excellent system for campaigns in book four though. If you're into linked battles that's the place to go.