PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Retailers?

Sacred
31-05-2015, 19:15
I was just wondering where is advised as an alternative retailer to GW (online) for miniatures/supplies? Ideally somewhere with good reliability for delivery, high product availability and most importantly a trustworthy payment option.

I've tried searching the forums but I can't seem to provide the correct criteria to find what I'm looking for?

Any and all help appreciated :)

mikesmight123
31-05-2015, 20:31
Google should help you out, it all depends where you live. Look out for shops that give a discount. For me I use my local gw store. Too bad I buy things full RRP, but hey I play there for free.

Though one thing can be said,always but stuff from where you usually play to support the shop. If I was to buy from a retailer I would use wayland games.

Hope this helps :)

Spider-pope
31-05-2015, 22:44
I was just wondering where is advised as an alternative retailer to GW (online) for miniatures/supplies? Ideally somewhere with good reliability for delivery, high product availability and most importantly a trustworthy payment option.

I've tried searching the forums but I can't seem to provide the correct criteria to find what I'm looking for?

Any and all help appreciated :)

Whereabouts are you in the world? There are a few decent UK retailers i can recommend - Dark Sphere, Triple Helix to name a couple i use regularly.

MajorWesJanson
01-06-2015, 02:07
US I tend to go with ChaosOrc when I am not buying from my FLGS or E-Bay for bits.

Tyberos
01-06-2015, 06:07
I'm surprised this isn't a stickie subject to be honest.

I hear plenty of good feedback about Darksphere but haven't used them myself. I can vouch for GiftsForGeeks, and they tend to ship items really fast and match Games Workshop's free shipping on orders over 40.

It would be worthwhile confirming your country as Games Workshop's trade policies mean you may not be able to use certain sites, or at least that the sites wouldn't be allowed to ship to your region. The ones I've mentioned are UK.

powser
01-06-2015, 06:21
Anything half decent that services Australia would be appreciated. It's like a GW prohibition down here.

Sacred
01-06-2015, 10:23
Sorry totally forgot to say I'm from the UK.

I was looking at Triple Helix before but was unsure if it would be safe to put my bank card details in.

stroller
01-06-2015, 10:28
Gifts for Geeks have been excellent in my experience. However, if you're UK, you're unlikely to be THAT far from a bricks and mortar store, which also often offer discounts.

dwarf114
01-06-2015, 10:44
If anyone knows of a good store in australia that would be helpfull.

Bob Hunk
01-06-2015, 12:56
I have used Wayland Games lots of times without problems. :cool:

beanerboy
01-06-2015, 13:33
Must say darksphere.co.uk gets my money most months. Always plenty in stock, quick to dispatch, if you have a larger order and some bits are not in stock when ordered they dispatch as they come in. Postage is reasonable.

Had the privilege of popping into their store recently. Nice friendly staff who are happy to help and point you in the right direction as they stock more than just gw stuff.

Rabbitden
01-06-2015, 14:55
another vote here for 'gifts for geeks'. I've been using them for about 3 years and they've always been very efficient and helpful. Secure/safe payment too.

MrKeef
01-06-2015, 16:33
In the UK I can't recommend Darksphere.co.uk enough. Fast shipping, 25% off GW and various discounts on other lines. You said you're looking for trustworthy payment options, they have both PayPal or a credit/debit card option.

Spider-pope
01-06-2015, 17:35
Sorry totally forgot to say I'm from the UK.

I was looking at Triple Helix before but was unsure if it would be safe to put my bank card details in.

I've never had a problem with them.

Senbei
25-06-2015, 11:17
US I tend to go with ChaosOrc when I am not buying from my FLGS or E-Bay for bits.

(UK) I've had mixed experiences dealing with ChaosOrc... though this was many years ago. I ordered some stuff 'in bulk' and it had some models from a different range mixed in with what had been advertised. Another order also had something missing that I never did get... That said, the 2nd hand stuff I did get was pretty good. Possibly a better choice if you're in the US and can badger them a bit, or are ordering single miniatures that can't be 'bulked out' :P

sasheep
25-06-2015, 12:30
Firestorm Games. Honestly it is the best online (and actual store) retailer I have used. They are really quick with delivery and are good at communicating if you have any queries or if there are any issue.

Chevron_Locked
25-06-2015, 17:13
The Outpost, Sheffield based store, 20% off on the items they stock, dunno if that applies online or not...

Dreadknight
25-06-2015, 17:56
I'm from the Netherlands, but still I buy from DarkSphere now and then. This mainly depens on shipping rates (due to sizes) and the course of the GBP vs the Euro. Otherwise there are some dutch retailers as well who give at least 20% off with attractive combination discounts on new/pre-order stuff. But I'm very pleased with DS up to now, and never had a bad experience with them.

DazzaD
25-06-2015, 19:27
I have used Element Games many times with no problems.

punkfish
25-06-2015, 20:11
My gaming group used to use Wayland games as a meeting place for our quarterly battles. In terms of pricing they're pretty good but be prepared for some long waits if stuff is out of stock. If you're in a hurry I wouldn't recommend them.

Gifts for Geeks have always been excellent - I generally use these guys - quick delivery and decent discounts.

Dark sphere are also very good, both in store and by mail order.

Oboc
26-06-2015, 03:48
In Australia you want to be using black cultist

Taniwha
26-06-2015, 04:19
How have you found black cultist Oboc? I usually buy from The Combat Company, mainly because they display stock levels on their site (if I want to buy something I usually want it asap, not in 4 weeks when it arrives in stock). I see black cultist doesn't display their stock levels, and they say allow up for 4 weeks for delivery...

Oboc
26-06-2015, 12:58
I've never had issues, always been 5-7 days.

I'll go check out the fombat company never heard of them

Void_Walker
26-06-2015, 14:05
The Outpost, Sheffield based store, 20% off on the items they stock, dunno if that applies online or not...

Seconded. Just looked at their website and it looks like the discount does apply online.

Taniwha
27-06-2015, 02:31
I've never had issues, always been 5-7 days.

I'll go check out the fombat company never heard of them

Nice one, I'll give them a try.

dblaz3r
28-06-2015, 00:18
In Australia you want to be using black cultist

Nice, wish I'd known about these guys yesterday. Will be giving these guys some business in future.

Greavous
02-07-2015, 10:49
in my local market a guy has setup a warhammer/miniture gaming store, he also has a website to order from.
he gets 20% off Gw prices and hands it to us the buyers (yay 100 models for 80).

so make sure to check small local buisnesses aswell even a few miles away as the postage cost from there store to your house is probably alot cheaper even fuel to go collect it.

MrKeef
04-07-2015, 01:35
in my local market a guy has setup a warhammer/miniture gaming store, he also has a website to order from.
he gets 20% off Gw prices and hands it to us the buyers (yay 100 models for 80).

so make sure to check small local buisnesses aswell even a few miles away as the postage cost from there store to your house is probably alot cheaper even fuel to go collect it.

So what's his website?