PDA

View Full Version : funny eBay listing

Cynigher
02-06-2015, 00:56
So looking for an archaon model on ebay I come across this listing which is a pure gem

Give it a look.
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/201362089583

Anyone come across anything similar before?

Groza
02-06-2015, 01:07
There is already a thread for this kind of stuff :) (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?213582-quot-Oh-god-that-cant-be-right-quot-ebay-auction-thread/page335)

Althenian Armourlost
02-06-2015, 01:10
lol nice. It's all true as well. Especially about the new bloodthirster, that model is cack.

Col. Tartleton
02-06-2015, 05:11
To be fair the pose where he's landing looks okay. The one leaping looks absurd however.

Pojko
03-06-2015, 05:31
I hope someone buys it. The description was hilarious and true.

That being said, I've struggled to get through the Archaon book. Maybe because I know how it ends. Or maybe just because it's been a total downward spiral since Nagash. Who knows.

Wesser
03-06-2015, 07:05
I hope someone buys it. The description was hilarious and true.

That being said, I've struggled to get through the Archaon book. Maybe because I know how it ends. Or maybe just because it's been a total downward spiral since Nagash. Who knows.

My theory is that GW fired the smoking monkeys after Nagash and hired George Lucas to write the rest

Gorthaur
03-06-2015, 17:24
lol nice. It's all true as well. Especially about the new bloodthirster, that model is cack.

I didn't like that one much either, I always felt Khorne daemons should have animal heads like a seriously angry dog or bull. But they just came out with a mess instead. Im actually worried to see what they might do with the other 3 great daemons.

Col. Tartleton
03-06-2015, 18:35
http://miniset.net/files/set/gw-99119915037.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/99129915020_KhorneBloodthrister03.jpg

It's a little janky but lets not pretend it isn't a huge improvement.

Col. Tartleton
03-06-2015, 18:36
Double Post.

Groza
03-06-2015, 19:04
How is it an improvement?

Col. Tartleton
03-06-2015, 19:09
It doesn't look awful?

Groza
03-06-2015, 19:22
It looks awful.
The previous version doesn't.
Are you going to actually explain how it is an improvement?

Inquisitor Kallus
03-06-2015, 19:37
It doesn't look awful?

Indeed. The previous one, also the KoS are bad bad bad models. I own them and the proportions arent great, theres no dynamism to them, theyre kind of charicaturish with their rediculously big fists and the wings on the thirster are just...

The new one smashes the old one in everything but price (and probably durability)

Admittedly id have liked to have seen a more dog like face included but the actual designs and details on the new one are extremely well done. I like some of the details on the KoS and the dreads on the old thirster but ther than that the new thirster is a big improvement. The one really good GD is the LoC, though he is a pain to assemble

Ramius4
03-06-2015, 19:37
It looks awful.
The previous version doesn't.

I disagree.

Are you going to actually explain how it is an improvement?

Are you going to explain how it's not?

In the end it doesn't matter what you or I think, or how we explain it, nobody is right or wrong here. It's just our opinion.

Groza
03-06-2015, 19:48
But it's funny how everyone can present their opinions as fact until I do it too, and then suddenly it is wrong, and it is time to retreat to subjectivism and "all opinions are equal".
And for a fact none of the GDs lack dynamism. The plastic BT looks like a dancing chicken in fact, whereas the previous BT is brilliantly posed in a dynamic yet constrained way that underlines the martial prowess that lies beneath his ferocity.

Inquisitor Kallus
03-06-2015, 21:04
But it's funny how everyone can present their opinions as fact until I do it too, and then suddenly it is wrong, and it is time to retreat to subjectivism and "all opinions are equal".
And for a fact none of the GDs lack dynamism. The plastic BT looks like a dancing chicken in fact, whereas the previous BT is brilliantly posed in a dynamic yet constrained way that underlines the martial prowess that lies beneath his ferocity.

No one is stating their opinions as fact, just opinions.

As to dynamic in relation to the old BT model...

Sorry I just couldn't resist :p , ive only recently seen the meme.

dynamic
dʌɪˈnamɪk/

1(of a process or system) characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.
"a dynamic economy"
(of a person) positive in attitude and full of energy and new ideas.

It doesnt really have any dynamism to it, Static legs, straight axe arm. The wings have a hint ans does the dreadlock head with the bellowing. Its quite characterful of its age whilst the new one has a more balrog/general big scary demon feel to it. Tbh I think if you made a poll the majority of Warseer would probablypick the new version over the old aesthetically. I know id definitely upgrade, if I could afford to..... :cries:

Groza
03-06-2015, 21:36
How is a straight arm a signifier for dynamism? Is the signature nosferatu pose (arms bent) more dynamic than Aenarion going against N'Kari (arms stretched)?
And how are the legs "static"? Are we looking at the same model? He is clearly in forwards motion and the entire model is harmonically adjusted to that motion.
As for stating opinions as facts, or at the very least not having the decency to back them up in any meaningful way, check out Col. Tartletone's posts that started this.

ihavetoomuchminis
03-06-2015, 21:52
There's already a thread for being pedantic, arrogant about other people's opinions, using strawman arguments and spouting nonsense. Keep it there.

On topic, that ebay listing is pure gold. I've had a good laugh.

Andy p
03-06-2015, 22:15
*Shrug* :o