PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a full human tau army?

sunspear
02-06-2015, 16:21
I have been thinking about a full human tau army. Just because I like to convert and I think it would be a fun project. I know that I would have a hard time doing this with battle suits but I could with fire Warriors and pathfinders.
One thing I'm curious about, has anyone read any fluff of black library novels that mention. Human auxiliaries?

Da Roc
02-06-2015, 17:15
yes, the novel Fire Caste and its relevant accessory short stories mention gue'vesa, there even was a pathfinder team with a tau leading a group of human scouts.

InstantKarma
02-06-2015, 17:18
I have been thinking about a full human tau army. Just because I like to convert and I think it would be a fun project. I know that I would have a hard time doing this with battle suits but I could with fire Warriors and pathfinders.
One thing I'm curious about, has anyone read any fluff of black library novels that mention. Human auxiliaries?

There actually used to be rules using Gue'vessa "Human Helpers", I think back in 3rd-4th ed. They were essentially IG with Carapace Armor, and a few of the models could be armed with Tau weapons.

The background was that these were IG or civilians trapped behind enemy lines after the Imperials were 'allowed to leave' Tau space following the Damocles Crusade, and they Tau sweeping back into previously Imperial worlds. They were integrated into the Tau Empire and given full status as citizens and filled in a niche between the close combat averse Tau and the 'barbaric' kroot.

Khorneflakes01
02-06-2015, 19:42
In Dark Crusade the Tau (after winning campaign mode) use humans. I think it's an interesting Idea, maybe ogryn heads for battlesuits? Fire warriors with Guardsmen heads.

jeffersonian000
02-06-2015, 20:15
This has been a wish list idea of mine for years, based more on a modern military than on Human-Tau levies. It's a great idea, would be awesome to see on table.

SJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sunspear
02-06-2015, 20:44
I wonder if it would be possible to create some human "counts as" kroot for close combat?

BillyBones
02-06-2015, 20:51
Personally I think that it would be cool to make kind of a mix, make some basic squads like a regular guard, than make some elite troops in Tau armor and pulse weaponry, maybe even with Tau sergeants, this could symbolize kind of a reward for loyalty of passing something like fire caste's trial by fire and then you could build guard vehicles with Tau weaponry and technology, why waste good vehicles, that the guardsmen are familiar with. And finally a few really well selected could be trained as battlesuit pilots, but there would be not much place for conversions. And you definitely want some tau models in command squad, even if the commander himself isn't Tau, he could have Tau bodyguards/advisors instead of those available to guard command squad.

Polyglot
02-06-2015, 21:22
The Taros Campaign FW book actually sets out the rules for Gue'Vesa Auxiliaries. I don't personally use them, as I think they're not hugely worth their points, but at the same time I have the models as it's a nice way to break up the army.