PDA

View Full Version : 9th edition and terrain?

Webwolf
04-06-2015, 17:25
Hi,

I have looked in GW's online store, and saw that there were some terrain/buildings missing from the Fantasy line.

Do any of you know if there will be new terrain or building made for 9th edition?

DeathGlam
04-06-2015, 17:31
I can't remember who exactly said it but i do remember one of the rumour guys mentioning new terrain kits.

English 2000
06-06-2015, 03:34
Harry mentioned new terrain is coming and it doesn't look like anything in the current setting.

Blkc57
06-06-2015, 10:04
Harry mentioned new terrain is coming and it doesn't look like anything in the current setting.

Bubble-terrain? 40k space ships stuck in the warp? Now you have me curious

Poncho160
06-06-2015, 14:00
More skulls apparently, i think was said

English 2000
06-06-2015, 14:08
He was joking about the skulls. At least I hope he was.

jascarr4
11-06-2015, 14:25
I snatched up the Garden of Morr from my local GW shop this week. It's a great set and very useful for other games I play. It was to have been taken off the shelves like the other WFB stuff that got yanked on Saturday. I find it odd that a graveyard set would not be forwardly compatible. People still die, do they not?

Ramius4
11-06-2015, 14:38
I find it odd that a graveyard set would not be forwardly compatible. People still die, do they not?

I'm sure it has nothing to do with compatibility.

That kit has been out for several years now. I'd imagine they don't sell very often anymore, and it's probably not worth the shelf space, and definitely not worth producing more when they run out.

English 2000
11-06-2015, 16:21
If it's going to be a new world perhaps Morr isn't part of the new fluff.

Given the improvements in their kits, especially on mould lines and such over the years I imagine we're going to see vast improvements on terrain kits.

Witchfate Tor is a bitch to put together.

I just assembled my Arcane Ruins, the gaps are going to need a lot of work with liquid green stuff.

The mould lines on the Walls and Fences set are in bad spots.

Everyone says to permanently mount the Garden of Morr on a base because otherwise pieces always fall over.

Everything I've read/watched about the forest kit says the leaves just won't stay on. When I get to doing mine I won't be putting leaves on and the gaps in the tree trunks will need a lot of liquid green stuff work as well.

I LOVE the look of the terrain kits (one of my biggest Warhammer regrets is that I didn't get the fortified manor or warhammer buildings set when it was available) but I really do expect them to make more user friendly kits next time around.