PDA

View Full Version : advice on starting AM

Boss Zagstruk
06-06-2015, 12:29
So i want to get back into the game and AM look amazing so looks like im back into the hobby. Im still kinda up to date with the game i just havent written an army list in years or used allies or formations yet. Which is my problem. How do i use both Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii?

From my inexperienced eyes cult mechanicus seem like the should they should be my primary force as they have a hq choice but few troops choices and less bodies on the table. Or would CM be s better ally with just a hq,2 troops n a heavy support choice? Im not sure about the electro guys.

Also what formations in both books are worth using?

Cliffisen
06-06-2015, 16:47
Accually, I'm in the same bout as you. So I'll be following this thread closely :)

Dkoz
06-06-2015, 17:32
From the few battle reports I've seen with CM it seem like they would be good as either a primary force or an ally it just depend on your style of play.

Boss Zagstruk
06-06-2015, 17:39
But can Skitarii ally without a hq?

druchii
06-06-2015, 18:01
In 40k, now, an army can be made up of any number of detachments (like the combined arms detachment or allied detachment from the Mai rule book, or any of the codex version), and/or formations.

So you could have an AM main detachment (where your warlord comes from), and then sprinkle in CM and skitarii formations to your hearts content. I've not read through both the Skit and Cm books but if they have in-codex army detachments you could run one from Skitarii, one from AM and one from CM and make a viable army like that.

Don't get caught up on HAVING to use the CAD or allied cad, you don't necessarily have to.

d

Pg116-122 lay this all out pretty clearly.