PDA

View Full Version : "Finish ONE of your armies at least, dear..."

Astromarine
03-07-2006, 19:06
"... or no more toy soldiers for you"

Aaah, the famous words often said by our wives, that so inspire us to speed up our efforts. :angel:

In my case, I have minis for 5 Armies. Originally, I had the following:

Enough Dark Angels to make a company of marines, plus about 30 terminators for a Deathwing army
Maybe around 3000-5000 points of Dwarfs
A battalion box of Tomb Kings, that I bought in GW Online to take advantage of a glitch that had them at 18 quid each
A Tyranid Army deal

So, out of all these, what do you think I decided to make as my next project?

Well... Vostroyans. :D This was the last straw that made my wife decide to state the simple command at the beginning of this thread. Since I managed to buy a ton of Vostys before she did, I decided to go ahead with my original plan and try to finish them so I can buy more crap :D

This is what I have after all my mostly random purchases: (I never played Guard, and dunno how to make an army yet. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.)

1 Chimera
4 Snipers
36 Normal Troopers
3 Grenade Launcher
2 BP+CS Sargeant
3 Vox Operator
3 Medics
1 Standard Bearer
1 Officer with Sword, PF, Trademark Item
4 Plasma Gunners
4 Flamer
2 Lascannon Team
2 Mortar Team
6 Officers with Laspistol, Sword

I'll be using this thread as a blog for the construction of, hopefully, all my armies starting with this one. The current status is not that awesome: I have 5 models primed, one of them I'm painting before the others as a test model; The chimera is about 4/5 built, I only need to decide on its options; and I have about 15 or 20 other models filed down and deflashed, ready to take the primer once I'm happy with how my first 5 look.

As soon as I finish writing this up I'll work on the test marine for about 2 hours, after I do I'll take a picture of it and post it here so you guys can comment on it. I'm not very good at converting stuff especially metal, but I guess with an army like this I think I'll pretty much have to. After all, having 6 essentially identical officers will look a bit weird. :)

So, wish me luck, comment on the army list, suggest further purchases for later on, etc. Also, please insult and deride me if I fail to keep up with steady updates. Steady commitment and progress is hard for me, I need all the help I can get. Or no more little toy soldiers for me. Evil, evil missus.

HiredSword.
03-07-2006, 19:57
well i'm sure we've all been there, so i bid you good luck.

(btw, please don't paint your men in the typical red and bronze that GW are doing, come up with something original. just a personal plea, plus you'll thank me later when you're the only one at the local store with a different coloured vostroyan army :p )

Hortwerth
03-07-2006, 19:59
Start with a small playable army:
5-man Command squad with medic, standard, two flamers (or mortar team) and the best officer leading, plus maybe change a flamer for a vox.
5-man Platoon HQ with one of the officers, medic, and a mortar team plus some flamer or 3 plasmas,
2x10-man units with grenade launchers or plasmas and lascannon teams, 1 with Vox.
10-man Armoured Fist squad in Chmera with a flamer or plasma or grenade laucher, with Vox.

Then you'll find you have an awful lots of spare officers (sell them :) or make sergeants of them as long as they have no power weapons), and you lack some serious firepower.

Then it's Leman Russes for you, sir. But only after you have the above finished!

Arcane_Blade
03-07-2006, 19:59
Be it parents, Girlfriends, Wives etc., we've all been there. Good luck with this! I'm looking forward to see how this develops.
Dan :skull:

Codsticker
03-07-2006, 21:06
My wife never places such restrictions on me- she couldn't without looking like a complete hypocrite as she has about 6 different animal 'projects' on the go at any time.

Astromarine
03-07-2006, 22:59
well, after a very short work session (needed more prep work than I thought I would) here's a few pictures to tide us over. So far I have my work area (traditional :)), the test model WIP, and the base I plan to put him on. I'm trying out a Deep Prussian Blue scheme, if I can make the damn blue appear uniform I may even do it. Grrr.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/work_area.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/vost_side.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/vost_base.jpg

Still learning
04-07-2006, 00:31
wow, i like that blue vostroyan. I never thought to do them that way.

Kotobuki
04-07-2006, 01:02
As far as getting blue to cover goes... I personally like it better over black. Seems to go a lot quicker for me. Also, if you're going to be doing alot of metals, and you do them with metallics, that's a lot of area to re-paint black anyway. Most of the browns (which I assume you'll be using for the leather stuff) seems to go better over blacks too. This is all, of course, in my personal and somewhat limited experience.

icebergman
04-07-2006, 01:19
The only way I get to keep buying more is that I make buildings for this hobby to sell on Ebay. the more I sell the more minis I get to buy, plus it's paying for my game board too!!

Hortwerth
04-07-2006, 01:22
You should try to kill two birds with one stone and get the shading easy with the use of white undercoat and thinned down paint. Just paint a lighter blue first not caring much for its coverage, and then give it one or two washes of dark blues.
But as I see you're using Vallejos, so coverage should not be an issue.

Mojaco
04-07-2006, 07:00
That's quite a tidy work place. Helps ofcourse when you don't do a lot there :)

If you need to finish an army quick you couldn't have picked a worse one. Why not drybrush a Tyranid or Tomb King army first to get the "finish an army" part over with.

Astromarine
04-07-2006, 07:49
because that will never work. One of the reasons why I have so little painted, is that I agonize over it. I want to have well painted miniatures, and I don't care how long it takes, I'll never cut corners. So if I had taken the Tyranids, I'd painstakingly work on each little blob of flesh by itself and take just as long. :)

You should try to kill two birds with one stone and get the shading easy with the use of white undercoat and thinned down paint. Just paint a lighter blue first not caring much for its coverage, and then give it one or two washes of dark blues.
But as I see you're using Vallejos, so coverage should not be an issue.

See, it's these kinds of comments that make me think I must be doing something wrong. That blue you see there has, I believe, about 8 coats. Yet it STILL isn't uniform. When I get home I'll post a close-up shot of the thigh area, so you can see what I mean. Also, I'm a bit unsure on how to apply highlights to that surface. It doesn't help that all the minis I painted until this one were space marines.
Besides, I like painting. I do. It's just that my attention span is equivalent to a baboon with ADD. The idea is to take the army I'm most interested in at the moment, and work on it in detriment of my other hobbies, and other armies. It's not to rush things to get them over with. :)

Hortwerth
04-07-2006, 09:45
Take it from me, to have an army finished (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30799&highlight=adeptus+mechanicus+a)you have to cut some corners. Just find a way to do it so that it's not noticeable. One way to do it is using extensive washing on the models. Normally I blend everything together, working with 2 to 4 opened paints at the same time.
When it comes to mass painting, I always use washing. The tip is to make 2-3 very watered down washes of similar colour and then re-apply the lighter base colour at the uppermost highlights.

Washing works best when you paint 10+ models at the same time, as the first model needs to dry completely before you get to the last one, so that you can make another go at once.

For starters, take an equivalent of Ultra blue and apply it over the white. Maybe 2 coats will be needed. Then take some Regal Blue equivalent, water it down so that it's more water than paint and apply it over the whole blue area. Continue on other models, then apply again on them all. If it's still too bright take some black and regal blue, mix them and water down and make another wash.

Cheatah
04-07-2006, 11:23
Good luck Astro.
The blue looks great!

HPD_Andy
04-07-2006, 11:32
Hey, take Hortwerth's advice. The boy paints pretty well for himself!

Eisenhorn
04-07-2006, 12:43
When it comes to mass painting, I always use washing. The tip is to make 2-3 very watered down washes of similar colour and then re-apply the lighter base colour at the uppermost highlights.

Washing works best when you paint 10+ models at the same time, as the first model needs to dry completely before you get to the last one, so that you can make another go at once.

I was think about this the the othere day and wondering if it would work. Now i know thx Hortweth

Astromarine
04-07-2006, 15:42
OK, I did what I promised, and took a couple of REAL closeup shots of the blue jacket as I currently have it. Basically, I need help. I have no idea why, even after a LOT of coats of very diluted blue, it still looks blotchy as hell. Also, my highlights really suck (I tried mixing 50/50 grey and blue, and it's too much of a contrast with the prussian blue, even if with about 70/30 water. Can I get a couple hints on what to do?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/Vost_badblue-02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/Vost_badblue-01.jpg

ExquisiteEvil
04-07-2006, 20:37
OK, I did what I promised, and took a couple of REAL closeup shots of the blue jacket as I currently have it. Basically, I need help. I have no idea why, even after a LOT of coats of very diluted blue, it still looks blotchy as hell. Also, my highlights really suck (I tried mixing 50/50 grey and blue, and it's too much of a contrast with the prussian blue, even if with about 70/30 water. Can I get a couple hints on what to do?

Astro,

Use a black undercoat. Seriously, not only will it allow faster painting but you wont get the 'blotchy' look...

Then use Horts advice. Start with the lighter colour over the black, then tone down with REALLY watered down paints, then add final highlights(optional!)

EE

Hortwerth
04-07-2006, 21:44
WHat EE says. White undercoat is only for... erm, elves and the sorts. White horses, blonde hair, fair skin, bright clothes, you get the idea.

Prussian Blue is nowhere near bright clothing...

Heph
04-07-2006, 22:09
I would keep it the way you are doing it as it looks VERy realistic as if it actually has the right texture.

Math Mathonwy
05-07-2006, 05:57
I would keep it the way you are doing it as it looks VERy realistic as if it actually has the right texture.
Exactly. If you aren't going for the cartoony look, I would leave it as it is and just start highlighting and inking as needed. If you look at a cloth over someone, you'll note that it isn't uniform.

Astromarine
05-07-2006, 05:57
Hm. Maybe if I squint real hard the real life model will look realistic ;) and the bottom line is that I don't like how it is, so it will be changed. But thanks :)

Hort and EE: wow, that's challenging a few preconceptions I had. First of all, the black undercoat. When you say "white is for elves" do you mean at my level, or for everyone? I know there's people around that use only white undercoat for everything, are they wrong?

Second, are you saying that after the black UC I should start with the brighter colors? Won't that look awful? I mean, most color "recipies" seem to start with the darkest one to ease the coverage over black, you really want me to apply, say, blood red or the vallejo equiv) directly over black and then go darker?

Still learning
05-07-2006, 06:37
Second, are you saying that after the black UC I should start with the brighter colors? Won't that look awful? I mean, most color "recipies" seem to start with the darkest one to ease the coverage over black, you really want me to apply, say, blood red or the vallejo equiv) directly over black and then go darker?

thats what i thought to, it would be good to get an answer from some real painting gurus here? (hortwerth, looking in your direction)

CaputMortuum
05-07-2006, 07:23
Start with the lighter colour over the black, then tone down with REALLY watered down paints, then add final highlights(optional!)

You can do it as long as you are using a color that doesn't have any white mixed into it (all grays for example). If it has white in it, it is impossible to water it down enough without white pushing through as the predominant color, thus making it impossible to make smooth transition to darker tone.

I would, however, do it the "traditional" way, starting from the darker tones.

caput

Math Mathonwy
05-07-2006, 08:31
If you want uniform blue, use grey undercoat. It won't make the colour as splotchy as white does, but it doesn't mute the brigthness like black does. I undercoat with straight black or white only extremely rarely these days.

Hortwerth
05-07-2006, 08:46
I just gave some opinions on how I would do it. I thought that Vallejo cover superior to GWs paints (mine do) and that painting a brighter tone would be easy.

However, it was only and advice when it comes to colour tone, not its coverage. For coverage, I tend to use some brighter colour before applying the ill-covering colour. Like Bronzed Flesh before Blood Red, or Codex Grey before Ultramarine, or Goblin Green before Dark Angels Green. Then wash with darker colours until you get the right tone. Instant shading and highlighting, too.

Astromarine
05-07-2006, 09:15
aha, I see what you mean. Yes, Vallejo covers better that GW (Hull Red is the WonderPaint(tm) for me.). The reason why I used so many coats was because I used really diluted paint, trying to use several transparent layers to do some highlighting. What I found was that, maybe because my brush strokes were too uneven, or for some other reason, I ended up with that uneven mess, instead of the smooth blended surface other people manage. :)

This thread got me thinking. Can this uneven result come from having too much paint on the brush, and it kinda "pooling" in some places? I think that a couple times I did that, dropping a big splotch of paint on the mini that I then had to spread over the surface.

So, if I understood correctly, your suggestion is to:

prime black
paint some good-coverage paint to make an even surface of the same "basic" color as the final result will be (ex. Hull Red)
go up to the highest highlighted color on the whole surface (Ex. Blood Red)
gradually, using very diluted paint, shade the surface into the final look (Ex. mix scab red with the blood red and a LOT of water, do lots of layers)

is this right?

In any case, everyone and especially Horth, I really appreciate the help you've been giving me. The plan going forward is to try out these ideas on a different model, to try to understand a bit more about the process. Then finish one model by this weekend. If all goes well, I'll start mass production. I have 3 of the GW basing kits, so I have enough resin and slate to base all my vosts I think. Unfortunately, when I leave work today I won't be able to work a lot on it. You see, I'm Portuguese ;) I should have time to at least prime a model black to test the new ideas and leave it to dry.

Thanks again for all your help. Let's see if I can start making this into a project log, rather than a "how do I..." thread. :D

Codsticker
06-07-2006, 02:40
If you want uniform blue, use grey undercoat. It won't make the colour as splotchy as white does, but it doesn't mute the brigthness like black does.
I always undercoat with grey as well for the same reasons.

FearFrost
06-07-2006, 02:50
Highlighting with that grey is going to give you muddy effects, because the value of the blue is almost the same as the grey...so you arent getting any lighter, just changing the color, which means no contrasts, which means no highlights.

Try a really light grey like ghostly grey, or just white, or maybe even bleached bone.

Brian

FearFrost
06-07-2006, 02:53
Also, you should aim for your paint to be about the consistency of milk, so if its a lot thinner than that (like water-thin) you are going to have serious transparency issues, which is the issue with your blue, I think.

Hortwerth
06-07-2006, 08:19
With washing try to apply little of the paint/water mix at a time. Blotching comes mainly from the long drying time and the water surface tension. You can add a bit of PVA glue (white glue) to the mix to get neater coverage, or a bit of a washing liquid to get more into the recesses.
I don't usually bother with this as I'm too impatient and I just use less paint&water mix, giving it a few coats so that the tone builds in stages - I have control over it then, applying more/less in the next stage to the places that need/don't need it.

On a second thought, I should try the PVA trick on some models before I give it as an advice.

Aenarion
06-07-2006, 12:23
The PVA trick does leave the wash in the recess better, rather then running everywhere at times.

BlazeXI
06-07-2006, 12:29
Astromarine,

i have the same problem with my girlfriend:( . I just put minis to the cuppord when she's not there:evilgrin: . Though I planning to have a green summer with Orks and maybe Night Goblin armies to be taken out of my vaults to be finally familiarised with a brush.

Definitely paint blue on black. A nice colour scheme for those Vostroyans! Will look great with urban bases.

Arcane_Blade
07-07-2006, 23:16
I want updates! Now! *Picks up shotgun* I said NOW! But seriously, I want updates!
Dan :skull: (updates!)

Astromarine
08-07-2006, 16:51
I will post an update tomorrow. Unfortunately, I haven't been painting much, not because I'm slacking off, but because my new computer arrived (apple macbook - my first Mac EVER after a life of Windows and Linux use) so I've been busy setting that up and learning how the whole operating system works. This was a bit unexpected actually, I was expecting it only next week.

See you tomorrow :) gonna work a bit on it now.

Cheatah
08-07-2006, 17:44
Say... I didn't know Mac already had internet access??

j/k of course... please tell us what you think about your apple...
(I am stuck on PCs)

DirtJumper
08-07-2006, 18:29
About the "paint a lighter coulor and then wash" technique, it does work very well, and allows faster painting even to high standards if you go about it right. Even the 'Eavy Metal team does it. They used it in the Giant painting tutorial in one of the more recent issues of WD.

Eversor
09-07-2006, 00:56
Congratulations on your new computer. Welcome to a whole new world of love :-)

Astromarine
12-07-2006, 22:39
grrr all this time and no update. To be honest, I haven't done any of what I said I would. The reason I'm posting this is just to keep the project in the forefront of my mind, and not let it fall down into oblivion. This is the main enemy I have to fight, just general inertial and my idiot mind going "oooh shiny" and veering in a completely different direction. It's 11:39 here so no time for painting today, I'll go back to work on the vostys tomorrow. I hope. :rolleyes:

Mortare
12-07-2006, 23:07
I have the same problem, most of the time that i spend thinking that i might do some more painting/converting tends to end up with me browsing warseer for what other people are up to!

n00bLord
13-07-2006, 00:17
Nice choice on the Mac my friend, in an attempt to help you out the best I can, try atleast setting your self a goal of painting a model a night, or two a night which isn't to stressful and allows enough down time to not get your self wound up over the whole aspect of painting so many. I find it works best for me, although handing out advice isn't a sin so I hope it helps. And you won't get to nausiated with the thought of having to paint so many models at a time either.

Codsticker
13-07-2006, 04:41
I find that even trying to paint a single model a night can be a bit too much to ask sometimes (like at this time of year when I'm very busy) but as long as I do something- glue a couple of things together or prime a couple of models or just something small like painting eyes- I feel like I haven't completely abandoned a project.

FearFrost
13-07-2006, 04:48
Hortwerth: you know that "white glue" and PVA are not the same thing, right?

PVA works with acrylics...I dont know if cheap white glue does. Just FYI.

Hortwerth
13-07-2006, 08:01

You know that each country has its own range of products like these? I use "Bostik" or "Wikol" for instance, no "White" or "PVA" glue around here. Had to guess they are the same as their uses are the same as the "PVA" or "White" glue mentioned in White Dwarf, and are based on water (Wikol) or some polivinylcat medium (Bostik) and can be thinned with water.

Astromarine
18-10-2006, 08:57
Oh look, it's an update on a three months old thread :D

Well, the expect happened, after all the trouble I had with the test miniature, I kinda got dispirited and gave it a rest "for a couple days". Next thing I know, it's three months later. Weirdly enough, what brought me back was find a couple videos on youtube of a painting instruction video. I really liked the technique he used to work with the paints (not to PAINT. How to mix it on the pallete and stuff) and after trying it I found I enjoyed myself a lot more. My previous way of mixing and diluting paints, and to prep the brushes was a bit painstaking and slow. It's hard to explain, but doing it how the guy did, just making a very freeform mix-and-water on a tile, made a real difference to my enjoyment of the act of painting.

So, at the moment I'm working on a new test model Vostroyan. Primed black this time, I managed to finish his (still prussian blue) jacket yesterday, and I'm MUCH happier with the results. Pics to be posted tomorrow, as today I have a group painting session with some friends.

In parallel, I've also started some work on my Dwarf Longbeards (old school metal). Trying to work with my Vallejo metallics at the moment, I'll post the results as well as soon as my first group of 5 is done.

So if you're reading this welcome back to my painting log, I'll try not to let it slide quite so much again.

precinctomega
18-10-2006, 09:22
Good job, Astromarine! Keep the momentum going. I'm in exactly the same position (although I have only three unfinished armies), but I'm being harsher on myself: I have to finish ALL THREE before I allow myself to buy anything new...

Except Inquisitor models, obviously.

R.

Astromarine
18-10-2006, 09:25
yeah, that part didn't work out so well. I stopped buying GW until I have at least a 1500pt army in both fantasy and 40k, BUT I did buy a Russian Strelkovy Company box set for Flames of War. That game looks just too awesome to pass up. :D

Cheatah
18-10-2006, 11:31
Welcome back Astro... can't wait to see some pics...

Astromarine
19-10-2006, 08:47
well whaddayaknow... this time I actually did what I said I would. The test vostroyan is coming along OK, though I fear his highlights might be a bit too subtle. I need some help on his rifle though, can't seem to get the hang of freehanding the woodgrain on it. As for the Longbeards, I'm slowly working on their metal armor, to try out different combinations of metal paints and see the effect. At the moment I'm slightly disappointed with the Vallejo metals, but maybe it's the painter rather than the paint ;)

As promised, pics will be done tonight of all my WIPs. Also, I'll post a list of what exactly I have so I can start organizing the work a bit. Thanks for reading.

Astromarine
23-10-2006, 09:01
So no pics yet. The good news is that this doesn't mean I haven't been painting, just the opposite. :D

On Friday the first part of my Flames of War order arrived, so I've been working on those exclusively. 40 Russian infantry and 4 tanks. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of spending a lot of time cleaning and basing the infantry, only to find out that it's impossible to properly paint 15mm figures when they're glued 5 per base. So I had to destroy all the putty and basing materials to be able to work on them. /cry

precinctomega
23-10-2006, 09:36
Keep going! We're still interested and still watching. I'm motivating myself with my Empire army (see "The Solemn Brotherhood" thread, if you have time) by trying to decide what army I will buy with the proceeds of selling it when I've finished with it...

One of my ideas is a Rogue Trader's military entourage done as WH army with allied Vostroyan IG, so I'm watching this thread carefully.

R.

hallowed_are_the_ori
23-10-2006, 11:17
""... or no more toy soldiers for you"

Aaah, the famous words often said by our wives, that so inspire us to speed up our efforts."

Wierd, if my girlfriend told me that i'd tell her where to go if you know what i mean :S

Nice idea of blueish Vostroyans, i like!

Astromarine
23-10-2006, 12:50
@hallowed - yeah, but you didn't marry her yet, which means that the schackles haven't come on yet. ;)

@precinctomega - I have been following your thread as well, I was the one making the comment on the musicians. :D

Thanks for the posts, guys, it's always heartening to know you have an audience :) I've been working on minis pretty much every day, so I should have some pics soon. Just need time to setup the "photo studio" properly.

precinctomega
23-10-2006, 13:19
@hallowed - minis... booty... minis... booty. You know, I love my minis, but it's really not that hard a choice! ;)

R.

Astromarine
23-10-2006, 13:52
ain't that the truth. ;)

Festus
23-10-2006, 14:34
Hi

Just to dispel a myth:

From Wikipedia
PVA is sold, as an emulsion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emulsion) in water, as an adhesive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhesive) for porous (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porosity) materials, particularly wood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood). It is the most commonly used wood glue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_glue), both as "white glue" and the yellow "carpenter's glue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter%27s_glue)", the former also used extensively to glue other materials like paper (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper) and cloth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloth).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyvinyl_acetate

Greetings
Festus

Astromarine
24-10-2006, 00:46
Here's some pics as promised. Two of my current test Vostroyan, one of which shows the size of the little russian buggers I have to paint 40 of. One of the buggers themselves, and lastly, one of the 4 T-70 tanks I have to paint to go with the buggers. All that's left now are my Dwarfs, which I didn't do because my camera ran out of juice.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/new_attempt.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/new_att_front.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/strelk.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Vostroyans/t70.jpg

UnRiggable
24-10-2006, 01:18
so smalll.....

Astromarine
24-10-2006, 09:55
heh yeah. And the worst part is that the russians are the tyranids of Flames of War. A blister comes with a platoon of 40 men, and a game typically requires at least 6 platoons, plus assorted tanks, artillery, etc.

Astromarine
09-11-2006, 00:56
Well, now that I'm more focussed on the Flames of War stuff rather than the Vostroyans, I expect the viewership of the log to plummet (as if it was high in the first place. HAH) In any case, here's the first squad I managed to finish, as well as an (unassembled) pic of the whole army I have to do, just for scale. Heh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Russians/P1010368-01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Russians/P1010363-01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Russians/P1010361-01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Astromarine/Russians/P1010359-01.jpg

MAD MAN-A-TRON
09-11-2006, 01:13
Where are the T-34s at?

Astromarine
09-11-2006, 01:19
don't have any. That's the Strelkovy Batalon army box, with an additional 5 T-70s to make up the 1500 points. In any case, before I buy the T-34s I still have to flesh out my Strelkies to 3 platoons per coy, and buy 4 extra guns to make a full God Of War.

MAD MAN-A-TRON
09-11-2006, 01:54
I must say, I've always been fascinated with the russian's ability to adapt and their grit during ww 2.
You might appreciate this picture
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v386/lofi_thriller/Historicsoldiersweekend037.jpg
That's an M1910 maxim machine gun, used by the russians.

Astromarine
09-11-2006, 02:06
is that you? If so, you're my personal avatar of awesome for today :D

MAD MAN-A-TRON
09-11-2006, 02:53
That is, in fact, me and thank you for making me your personal avatar of awesome.

Codsticker
09-11-2006, 04:19
Well, now that I'm more focussed on the Flames of War stuff rather than the Vostroyans, I expect the viewership of the log to plummet (as if it was high in the first place. HAH)

Nuh-uh... I'd love to follow a FoW log as I intend to collect an army shortly.