PDA

View Full Version : WhoWouldWin : Elves Competition vs The GoT Nightwatch at Full Strengh

daftpunkevo
16-06-2015, 16:16
Not sure about the title, as i'm not native english but let's go anyway.

Hi warseer,
So a Waywatcher, a Shadow Warrior and a Shade walk into a bar... and get phased out their universe directly into the GoT one thanks to a goblin shaman eating too much mushroom (yeah i'm that bad at writing fluff).
ANYWAY ;) , they figured out it's not their universe and because how boring this one is they decide to challenge each other to a race.

The one that kill the most Crows win.. Something i'll come up with later..
The NightsWatch is at full strengh (1000 men) and don't know what is comming. Lets say all castle are 10km away from each other (not realistic but i dont want traveling to be a problem).
Which one will kill the most Crows ? They have 3 days for prep.
Round 1 : their standard go-to-war loadout/gear/sword whatever that keeps warhammer attributes and 100 arrows (100 bolt for the shade), they can craft anything.
Round 2 : naked, they must only use human stuff they find and cannot craft anything.

They are average skilled by their race standard (so god among elves)

Which one wins ? Which one dies ? ( if you think they are not up to the task )
Is it 333/333/333 kill or does one is better ?

Edit : don't forget to add in your answer how do you think they win round 2. Are human bows and what not efficient enough to be used like the bows of athel loren ? What do they do when they are out of ammo ? because it's a race Close combat may be faster sometimes than shooting arrow, especially inside a castle. and finnaly is your winner a CLEAR winner or is it close ? :)

The bearded one
16-06-2015, 21:26
I'm putting my money on the waywatcher. Best at hiding in the wilderness, best sharpshooter. The watch would never even find him - at leest the shade and shadow warrior might get swarmed at some point. Waywatchers basically pincushion bretonnian knights and the like for sport, and the watch doesn't seem to be as heuvels armoured as that.

All this assuming the waywatcher and shadow warrior don't just freeze to death.

infamousme
16-06-2015, 21:38
Waywatcher. I know nothing of game if thrones, but I do know WHFB elves. It's the waywatcher.

snyggejygge
16-06-2015, 21:42
My bet is the waywatcher as well, the others are basically WE scouts with different Equipment, but the waywatcher is a better marksman & better at hiding.

Tau_player001
16-06-2015, 22:12
GRRM would find a way to make you believe any of them would win and then kill both of them. But with some raping in between.

ChargeAndDie
16-06-2015, 23:29
Shades might have a chance if it came down to hand to hand combat with ws5 and great weapons and possibly light armour lol

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Warrior of Naggaroth
16-06-2015, 23:44
My bet is the waywatcher as well, the others are basically WE scouts with different Equipment, but the waywatcher is a better marksman & better at hiding.

I disagree with this, neither waywatchers nor shades are just "wood elf scouts with different equipment". I'll agree that the waywathcer is a slightly better marksman (although all three are master archers according to fluff), but I'm not sure if hes better at hiding. Also, I believe both the shade and shadow warrior would be better with the climate/terrain around the wall, since its more like their lands than the waywatchers.

I think they are similiar in terms of forestry, allthough waywatchers are 'wood elves', both shades and shadow warriors live in forests aswell and specialize in ambush warfare. In fact, shades and shadow warriors might have an advantage since they are used to have skilled opponents(each other) while the waywatchers usually fight things with far less knowledge and skill in forest warfare than themselves.

Makiwara
16-06-2015, 23:48
Who would win?

The Shade; an autarii is going to go to the extra trouble of killing and skinning all the auxiliary non-combative members of the Night's Watch and associated whores/merchants/Ollie/random passers by that the Waywatcher and Shadow Warrior would leave behind, massive number bump there.

Waywatcher will get the most ranged kills obviously and would never get found, Shadow Warrior is the middle ground, probably shanks about 25% of the combat force and the Shade is either gutting the rest in combat or rattling off bolts with his repeater; but the Waywatcher and Shadow Warrior just aren't going that extra mile.

Shade all the way.

daftpunkevo
17-06-2015, 11:47
I disagree with this, neither waywatchers nor shades are just "wood elf scouts with different equipment". I'll agree that the waywathcer is a slightly better marksman (although all three are master archers according to fluff), but I'm not sure if hes better at hiding. Also, I believe both the shade and shadow warrior would be better with the climate/terrain around the wall, since its more like their lands than the waywatchers.

I think they are similiar in terms of forestry, allthough waywatchers are 'wood elves', both shades and shadow warriors live in forests aswell and specialize in ambush warfare. In fact, shades and shadow warriors might have an advantage since they are used to have skilled opponents(each other) while the waywatchers usually fight things with far less knowledge and skill in forest warfare than themselves.

Yeah those are definetly interesting points, for me it'll be closer than most people think, hence why i choose them.

grumbaki
18-06-2015, 08:04
The dark elf would go "damn you guys are messed up, go back through the portal and drink himself to death. The high elf would run away and seem therapy. The way watcher would go on a killing spree, but no matter what he does it pales in comparison to what the humans do to each other. Nobody notices the wood elf, no matter what he does or how many people he kills, because his cruelty is just not as creative as the humans.

Memnos
18-06-2015, 10:21
This is in the Game of Thrones universe by George RR Martin?

If so, the elves get poisoned during a wedding before they get the chance to kill any crows.

Guaranteed.

Montegue
18-06-2015, 11:31
The Night's Watchman wins. He still has a world to stand upon. The elves all got sucked into the warp about a month ago or so, give or take.

swordofglass
18-06-2015, 12:19
This is probably the strangest thread I've seen on this forum. I don't know much about the background of each warrior, so I'll adopt a different tack:

Close combat (all have ASF):
1st place) Shade: WS5, can take 2 hand weapons or a great weapon, can take light armour, rerolls 1's to wound
2nd place) Shadow Warrior: WS5, hand weapon, light armour
3rd place) Waywatcher: WS4, hand weapon, no armour. Could reroll 1's to wound if in a forest - but won't be in a forest

The Shade wipes the floor here, then, and the Waywatcher is clearly the worst.

Shooting:
1st place) Waywatcher: BS5, 30" can choose to fire 1 shot at S3 ignore armour, or 2 shots at S3 AP with -1 to hit
2nd place) Shade: BS5, 24", can choose to fire 1 shot at S3 AP, or 2 shots at S3 AP with -1 to hit
3rd place) Shadow Warrior: BS5, 30", S3

Here the Waywatcher is clearly the best and the Shadow Warrior is clearly the worst. The Shade isn't too shabby though.

Total score:
Shade: 5 points
Waywatcher: 4 points
Shadow Warrior: 3 points

The Shade wins overall then if you consider his versatility in both combat and shooting. Assaulting the Nightswatch would involve lots of sneaking around and entering buildings, as well as taking shots from afar, so I don't think it would be fair to assume that the Waywatcher would win purely due to his superior firepower. The Nightswatch aren't that well armoured either, so his 'ignore armour' ability isn't that useful, as his natural AP (and the Shade's AP for his repeater crossbow) would likely be enough to negate their armour.

That's just round 1 though. In round 2, they are all naked (!) but can craft anything they like. I will assume they can all fashion a bow and a hand weapon. In round 2, the Shade's firepower is significantly reduced, since he only got to fire 2 shots due to his repeater crossbow. He also loses his AP. The Waywatcher, however, can still fire two shots, since he was able to do so due to his preternatural abilities anyway, rather than due to his bow. However, both the Shade and the Waywatcher lose their AP. The Shade loses his extra weapons too, though he's still the best in combat due to Murderous Prowess. I think the Waywatcher may be more proficient at fashioning weapons and clothing/armour, due to his life in the forest.
Overall, I think I'd give the Waywatcher the victory in round 2, as although he's still the worst in combat he's now even better - compared to the other two anyway - at range (I assume they would fashion regular bows, so the Shadow Warrior loses his 30" too). Plus, with things evened out more due to the stripping of equipment, I think the Waywatcher's more advanced hunting ability will shine through better than the other two.

Urgat
18-06-2015, 12:21
This is in the Game of Thrones universe by George RR Martin?

If so, the elves get poisoned during a wedding before they get the chance to kill any crows.

Guaranteed.

At the very least, acting as lone heroes won't get them very far. You think WFB is grimdark? Hah. In GoT every man and woman has a little Nagash in his/her pocket, slowly sucking their soul and luck to a catastrophic breaking point :p I believe Aemon's the only one so far to die of old age in either book or series? :p

Memnos
18-06-2015, 12:36
At the very least, acting as lone heroes won't get them very far. You think WFB is grimdark? Hah. In GoT every man and woman has a little Nagash in his/her pocket, slowly sucking their soul and luck to a catastrophic breaking point :p I believe Aemon's the only one so far to die of old age in either book or series? :p

The question should be: How do these Elves compare to the greatest warriors in the Game of Thrones universe? If they aren't as good, then they should suffer slightly worse fates than...

Khal Drogo - Greatest horseman and leader of the largest and arguably strongest army in the world.
Robb Stark - A man who was completely undefeated and routinely crushed armies bigger and better equipped than his.
Jaime Lannister - Prince Charming. Prince. Freaking. Charming.
The Viper - Incredibly skillful warrior, capable of standing toe-to-toe with any other duellist. Perhaps second in skill to Jaime Lannister.
The Mountain - Strongest man in the world.

I'm sure those guys had nothing but sunshine and roses for being so skilled at combat, so these Elves will probably be fine.

Wintermute
18-06-2015, 14:35
This type of thread is not permitted on WarSeer so I'm closing it.

Wintermute