PDA

View Full Version : Yaaaaaaaaaaar. Man O War!

Wonderdog
03-07-2006, 21:31
**Public Service announcement**

I've finally completed the "holy trinity" of OOP GW 'we shall never reprint these games' - mint, unpunched copies of Man O War, Plague Fleet, and Sea of blood. Wasn't cheap or easy, but worth the pain!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

They'll look real nice beside those unpunched Gorkamorka, Digganob, and Space hulk sets! (amongst others)

All I need now is that ever elusive (i.e. non 100+) unpunched Warhammer quest.... I live in hope!

#Wonderdog

Chaos and Evil
03-07-2006, 21:33
Don't forget HeroQuest. :)

FearFrost
04-07-2006, 03:56
Not to be a jerk, but what is the point of having such amazing games and never opening or playing them?

I owned all of those, played em hard, lost bits, had fun. Now I dont have them anymore...but I feel like Id rather have it my way than just have them sitting there unopened somewhere.

Guess its a philosophy thing. I bet its fricking HARD to find some of those sets in mint condition, so I commend your efforts.

Oh, and I do own a mint copy of the Blood Bowl edition with the styrofoam board...so I guess I do get it...kinda ;)

Jellicoe
04-07-2006, 14:13
If you want to try another classic GW game see if you can lay your hands on Richard Halliwell's truly classic Block War and Block Mania expansion set

My set is still going strong and giving tons of fun nearly 20 years on

Fast, simple, great setting and best of all, tons of opportunities for sneaky backstabing and deal breaking, especially in 4 block+ wars. biggest we ever did was a 2 set 8 block game of death

Hand me the thermo bombs please!:evilgrin:

Wonder dog - I can access some of the early Space Hulk 1st ed WD missions if you are interested - including the chaos terminator stuff.

PM me and I will go hunting

Wonderdog
04-07-2006, 17:37
Not to be a jerk, but what is the point of having such amazing games and never opening or playing them?

Well, lets just say that there are already a few sites out there where you can find some scans etc of bashed up and incomplete copies of a lot of the old "never to be re-issued" stuff like man o war to replace your own lost components, but to my knowledge no-one has ever managed to produce a set of high quality, unpunched scans for the greater good... So while I do now own them in unpunched condition, I said nothing about keeping the boxes sealed ;)

#Wonderdog

PS. I already have the space hulk campaigns book and WD articles, but thanks for the offer :D

Mad Doc Grotsnik
04-07-2006, 19:39
I also have the old Blood Bowl Star Players book, Adeptus Titanicus, Codex Titanicus, Space Hulk, Deathwing, Genestealer, Space Hulk Campaigns, Tyranid Attack, Avanced Space Crusade, Man'o'War, Seas of Blood, and even an unpunched 'Judge Dredd, The Roleplaying Game'.

All in my cupboard o'fun.

FearFrost
04-07-2006, 21:43
Well, lets just say that there are already a few sites out there where you can find some scans etc of bashed up and incomplete copies of a lot of the old "never to be re-issued" stuff like man o war to replace your own lost components, but to my knowledge no-one has ever managed to produce a set of high quality, unpunched scans for the greater good... So while I do now own them in unpunched condition, I said nothing about keeping the boxes sealed ;)

Ah, I get it. Props to you then. I jumped the gun when I read "unpunched" and assumed it was for some sort of silly idea of "collecting" and never going to be used for the greater gaming good.

I retract my statements :D

Brian

Wonderdog
04-07-2006, 23:35
And as if by magic....

www.spacehulk.co.nr (http://www.spacehulk.co.nr) <-------------

#Wonderdog

Strictly Commercial
05-07-2006, 10:01
I know a store owner who has two unpunched copies of Talisman.

Is it worth getting, in the opinion of those who know these things?

Jellicoe
05-07-2006, 10:37
To collect or to play?

Talisman is another of my old favourites - I have the 2nd edition + expansions - it like block mania and dungeonquest gets regular outings and is a top game. best with 4 players as you can duff each other up a lot more

grave digger
08-07-2006, 02:04
Man O War, Fantastic game indeed. Just last week I broght out my fleets and did battle.

As Jellicoe said Talisman is a great game to play and just own. Another one is Chaos Marauders (played that last weekend as well). Now there is a game that is not only fun but would be very cheap to redo. I live in hope.

Mr. Jellicoe, quick question. I do not have the 2nd ed (classic version) of Talisman but I do own the 3rd. I bought it when it was re-released to play with my kids. Do you know if any of the expansions (Dungeon, City or Timescape) would work with the 3rd edition?

Diggs

ReDavide
08-07-2006, 04:23
What *is* Man'o'War? Is it like a Fantasy version of BFG? I can't recall ever seeing any GW-produced sailing-ship-type models.

Satan
08-07-2006, 07:47
They release a few expansions for 3rd edition Talisman. "Dungeon of Doom", "City of Adventure" and "The Dragon's Tower" are the ones that spring to mind. You should be able to find them all on ebay. Word of warning - usually they're not very cheap though...

Man O'war war was released shortly after Space Fleet (BFG's predecessor, sp?) IIRC, and is the fantasy game of naval combat and adventure on the high seas! I used to have ALOT (Like 3 man o'war sets, 3 seas of blood...) of stuff, but I sold it to a friend (www.chaosorc.com) so that everyone could enjoy this fantastic game instead.