PDA

View Full Version : Age of Sigmar - Codexes not on sale at Warhammer World

Mitch676
18-06-2015, 11:19
Hi

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I was recently at Warhammer World when Age of Sigmar was announced and promoted via show material and leaflets. It was funny but this promotional material actually replaced the Warhammer Fantasy Codexes.

Why would GW hurt their Sales by needlessly discontinue Army Books?

Also, have you noticed that the New End Times Releases have different packaging and do not have the names of Armies on them?

Time will tell but I really do think were looking at a complete overhaul of WHFB and AoS is not a subsidiary game of the 'classic' we have all come to love & hate which would make the rumour of a skirmish type game redundant. Although they could do both I suppose and the give the customer more ways to play. Although this is great for the customer as 'variety is the spice of life' - would a skirmish game of fewer models reflect in outright Sales? As it's a publically owned company - if i'm a shareholder I want a bigger, better, faster, stronger mentality to be used by the company I have invested in. Skirmish game? Not unless a 10 models covers the price of a 30/40 model regiment.

Either way i'll be playing 'it'.

Nurgle 4REVer _ Nurgle Lord on Bicycle oo Oo oO O_O = X_X

SuperHappyTime
18-06-2015, 13:20
Hi

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I was recently at Warhammer World when Age of Sigmar was announced and promoted via show material and leaflets. It was funny but this promotional material actually replaced the Warhammer Fantasy Codexes.

Why would GW hurt their Sales by needlessly discontinue Army Books?

Also, have you noticed that the New End Times Releases have different packaging and do not have the names of Armies on them?

Time will tell but I really do think were looking at a complete overhaul of WHFB and AoS is not a subsidiary game of the 'classic' we have all come to love & hate which would make the rumour of a skirmish type game redundant. Although they could do both I suppose and the give the customer more ways to play. Although this is great for the customer as 'variety is the spice of life' - would a skirmish game of fewer models reflect in outright Sales? As it's a publically owned company - if i'm a shareholder I want a bigger, better, faster, stronger mentality to be used by the company I have invested in. Skirmish game? Not unless a 10 models covers the price of a 30/40 model regiment.

Either way i'll be playing 'it'.

Nurgle 4REVer _ Nurgle Lord on Bicycle oo Oo oO O_O = X_X

This got discussed in the rumor forum, but I don't think the news hit the GD. GW recalled all the Army Books back to HQ (Even non-GW shops got to send their's back). For whatever reason, AoS is likely to not use the old books in any sort of condition, so there is no point in keeping them on the shelves.

The National Elf Service
25-06-2015, 21:27
Don't quote me as this is what I think but, I'd say The End Times models have different packaging because they are "expert" models to quote the box, so they need to stand out from the other models. :)

Guyver 3
25-06-2015, 22:50
Don't quote me as this is what I think but, I'd say The End Times models have different packaging because they are "expert" models to quote the box, so they need to stand out from the other models. :)

All the endtimes models got the new box treatment to differenciate them from the other fantasy kits but I think its strange that of all the older pre endtimes fantasy kits only blood crushers, bloodletters and the skull cannon thing got the new endtimes box treatment.

Could they be the only kits that wont either get redone or removed??!

Konrad von Carstein
26-06-2015, 01:10
I made sure to buy the ones I was interested in. Best decision ever.

Hawthorne
26-06-2015, 07:01
They stop selling them because they won't work in the new system and it's probably better to prevent people from getting screwed even if it means not making an extra quick buck now and then. (Yes some people won't be happy but you've had plenty of time to get this stuff and the internet is still vast).

This isn't new though, any time and army book gets replaced they typically stop selling the old one beforehand. I know if I was a new player (of any age) and I thought maybe Warriors of Chaos sounded cool I'd buy that book first (after the main rulebook). You know what would **** me off as a new player? finding out the $50 or whatever I spent on a book is basically immediately obsolete. (Yes this new player could go back and play 8th edition like half of warseer claims it will; but I doubt a new player would since the older rules aren't special to them).

Col. Tartleton
26-06-2015, 08:46
Aren't we supposed to get Ravening Hordes 2.0?

jet_palero
29-06-2015, 06:36
I never understand why GW recalls outdated goods instead of selling them at a discount. I'd gladly pick up one of every WFB codex for a fiver apiece. Have a giant "we're committing business suicide" sale or something. instead they probably burn them. :(