PDA

View Full Version : Gw figure case video, you guys stop worrying

butch elf
20-06-2015, 23:46
Hey peopleNoticed all the worrying about the future of the game and just wanted to check whether everyone has seen the figure case video. I'm pretty sure the fantasy army he swiftly unpacks is what the AoS armies are going to look like. I doubt they will make a new promo video for these things so I'm guessing it's pretty safe to assume this is what's aimed at. Nagash and giant blocks of ogres, awesome.Posted in news and rumours, as people don't seemt to have seen the obvious obviousness of it, but happy to go somewhere else :)

pinktaco
20-06-2015, 23:53
Could you please provide a link to said video?

butch elf
20-06-2015, 23:57
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Citadel-Crusade-Figure-Case

bottom of the page :D even says warhammer army. Now I know you can interpret this different ways but I doubt they put that much for thought into there project plans

Malagor
21-06-2015, 00:10
Means nothing.

VLadimyr
21-06-2015, 00:16
The video was up long before AoS was even announced.

Hoffa
21-06-2015, 00:16
I was more intrigued when I saw the Wood elf new releases video last year. The dwarfs shown opposing the WE in the video seems to be either in a loose but ranked formation similar to current skirmishers or in a very loose formation looking like a 7:th ed scirmisher blob. Look here

https://youtu.be/Q_cV6usub0U?t=65

butch elf
21-06-2015, 00:18
Fair enough. For myself this seems way more solid than anything else that's come out, and this is from the company, they paid money for this! And they aren't going to want to be remaking and changing uploaded videos for core products, they will have made this with as much longevity as possible so they don't have to. At least that's my experience with communications departments

butch elf
21-06-2015, 00:23
So? I know it's a wargame company we are talking about but they will have a communications department generating this and all the videos. They will have comms plans and time frames, plans which will have to be presented to their executive board. Board members will not care that they have to change the videos because the rules have changed, they will have to create content with longevity. Could be wrong though but it seems likely they made this with the future in mind

butch elf
21-06-2015, 00:29
https://youtu.be/Q_cV6usub0U?t=65

nice didn't see that when it came out. Probs just for cinematic effect ;) but I would imagine changes seep into different rooms in Nottingham

Lord Dan
21-06-2015, 00:43
I'm sure everyone is shocked that this is being moved to General...

=][=

butch elf
21-06-2015, 00:59
I'm sure everyone is shocked that this is being moved to General...

=][=

No worries

Spider-pope
21-06-2015, 02:17
Hey peopleNoticed all the worrying about the future of the game and just wanted to check whether everyone has seen the figure case video. I'm pretty sure the fantasy army he swiftly unpacks is what the AoS armies are going to look like. I doubt they will make a new promo video for these things so I'm guessing it's pretty safe to assume this is what's aimed at. Nagash and giant blocks of ogres, awesome.Posted in news and rumours, as people don't seemt to have seen the obvious obviousness of it, but happy to go somewhere else :)

The video is supposed to show just what the cases can carry, hence the use of Nagash and Ogres as demonstrations. i fail to see how this indicates anything about the future of the game or what armies will be like. The case will still be able to hold big models, regardless of any changes so there is no need to make a new promo even if Age of Sigmar re-introduces Epic scale miniatures.