PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer House Rules

Amazonnia
22-06-2015, 19:34
Hi everyone, to get to the point, we would like to stick with 8th ed but have some house rules.
A friend of ours plays bretonnia and find he is at disadvantage.

Anyways, if anyone has links to house rules, can you please post it here.

Regards

HelloKitty
22-06-2015, 20:34
Ours are pretty simple:

Forests block line of sight (otherwise we have guys that show up with forests whose trees are modeled together that really do block line of sight)

Units cannot consist of more than 50% of your points (including characters).

taurus-marstein
22-06-2015, 21:02
Many armies are at a massive disadvantage.

One thing you can do is give the bretonnia player an extra 20% for max points. So at 2.5k point games, let them bring 3k points.

I have house rules myself that attempt to balance armies against eachother.

I'll post something here later (i'm on my phone)

Galushi
22-06-2015, 23:15
Ours are pretty simple:

Forests block line of sight (otherwise we have guys that show up with forests whose trees are modeled together that really do block line of sight)

Units cannot consist of more than 50% of your points (including characters).

I always thought you could see about 1-2" into a forest, but deeper then that it blocked LOS. And anything in there that was still visible got light cover.

I dont even know if these were official rules, but that's how my friends have always played it.

Cherrystone
23-06-2015, 00:03
I posted these in another thread, here's our current set of house rules - theres quite abit there maybe you find something useful amongst it (:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/tcp95n4qg24nglo/WFB_2016_House_Rules_complete_28.08.2015.pdf

We have nothing for Bretonnia, one of the few armies we don't have.

forseer of fates
23-06-2015, 00:13
Everyone knows Bretonnia is just a city state in the Dominion of Sigmar:p

Montegue
23-06-2015, 03:06
We don't use many. Sometimes we randomize terrain placement with die rolls. We often ignore the watchtower scenario. When practicing for tournaments I tend to use the crappy infinite hills rules.

taurus-marstein
23-06-2015, 03:20
You should check out the rules development forum on warseer (its not under warhammer fantasy, but under the main directory)

Urgat
23-06-2015, 06:45
I always thought you could see about 1-2" into a forest, but deeper then that it blocked LOS. And anything in there that was still visible got light cover.

I dont even know if these were official rules, but that's how my friends have always played it.

Yes, that's how forests used to work.

infamousme
23-06-2015, 07:01
Give lances +2 initiative on the charge maybe?
Wouldn't do much against elves I guess.

HappyCan303
23-06-2015, 14:46
You could actually steal one of the rumored rules: impact hits. Specifically just say any cavalry model with a lance that is not fast cavalry or monstrous cavalry does 1 impact hit on the charge, replacing one of its normal attacks. That REALLY helps out Bretts specifically with "rubber lance syndrome" which can cripple the army with one bad round of rolls. You could drop the monstrous cavalry limitation, but they're already powerful enough as it is.

Katastrophe
23-06-2015, 15:45
Yes, that's how forests used to work.

And why GW felt a need to change it I'll never understand. It worked easily and sensibly.